Tourist Visa Expiry Date And Overland Crossing

I have a multi-entry tourist visa.

1) expiry date is before 24 April, can I enter Thailand 24th or have to enter 23rd?

2) if I enter overland (Cambodia border), do I get the full 60 days, i.e I am not effected by the 15 day overland entry for visa exemptions?

3) after I've used my tourist visa, is it ok to get a visa exemptions straight away, so exit and fly back in each month?

Thanks

It would be best to enter on the 23rd just to be completely safe and have a margin for delay - but entry on the 24th should be fine under current policy. Method of entry makes no difference - should be 60 days but do check stamp is correct. Yes you can then use visa exempt entry or new visas for entry.

I believe you are talking about the visa date stamp and not the permitted to stay stamp? You never have had to exit prior to your permitted to stay date at midnight.

As for visas due to the English translation it used to be a problem with some officers (but not with others).

Have you ever been refused? Specifically during the last five years? We have not seen any report of such for many years and the old 'doing you a favor to allow' has not been mentioned. When a day is indicated for visas/permitted to stay/extensions it is until the end of that day. The English usage is confusing on visas but it appears immigration has been advised to allow until the end of the date on visa.

The permitted to stay stamp. 15 30 60 90 days. Not the stamp in which the entire visa expires (disallowing entry after such date).

I have never had any serious issue coming in on a visa. I have had lots of hemming and hawing and shufgling about and wadting of time when I used to do runners and often crossed for the two week stamp repeatedly or have really convoluted history in my 48 to 96page passport. I had felt in some circumstances that the only tbing that "saved me" was being from a high profile country. In other words, if I was from Serbia or Israel, Id have been hassled.

I have personally been fined at the following places thru the years but about five or ten years back for xing on the day stamped in my passport: Nong Khai, Pedang Besar both 2x. Once in Ranong and at Aran. Few times I tried to stretch it out, few others after learning just bad luck. Once or twice pure stuidity on my part. After about 2005 I just made a hard fast rule - cross the day before. So after about that I really dont know. Cant think its any better.

One time a real ass of an immigration agent at Pedang Besar spent five minutes counting the days I was in country and comparing that nit to the must exit date, but the entry date. He tried so hard to screw me, hoping that the date was off by even a day. So he would fine me for being X days over despite me leaving a day before the stamp in my pp. I really, really hate the cops in Sadao. Contrary, on the other side the Malays are perfectly lovely.

Ranong is pretty greasy as well, not crossed there in years.

Aran has really cleaned itself up on both sides.

The crossing heading for Pailin, not done that in years.

Mukdahan ok on Thai side. Guy I met had a funny thig happen to him though. Savan side also really greasy.

Now when I come in on my Non O /marriage esp living in BKK and exch pleasantries in Thai, Im treated better. Thai border in Nong Khai and Mukdahan both cordial+

I once had a 60 day multiple entry good for three entries. The second one I crossed over at Mai Sai and had no problems. When I got back to Chiang Mai I got to looking at my passport and noticed they had only stamped me for thirty more days to report back in. I went to immigration here in Chiang Mai and they could not or would not help me. They said I had to go back to Mai Sai which I did and they fixed it promptly no questions asked.

So when you come back just double check that you are being given 60 days.