Ko Samet To Surin

Waterloo

Hi Taking the family to see the Elephant fair in Surin later this year & am thinking of spending a few days on Ko Samet first, anyone got any advice for getting from Ko Samet to Surin.

We will have a 3 year old & a 1 year old with us & very possibley 3 adult friends.

I live near Surin and will never ever visit this event It is a roundup where elephants are brought back to their place of origin from places as far away as Phuket and Chiang Mai. There are no elephant whisperers in Thailand, the young elephants are often taken by poachers after killing there mothers. They are then generally trated very cruelly indeed to 'break' them. Off topic I know.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Edited by cooked

If you are in a hurry . Iloveyellowbus.com have buses direct from Rayong.

Yes I have seen there advertising, but what are the buses like, I am aware from past experience that the quality of buses in thailand can be extremely variable.

Price wise they seem vary reasonable.

I live near Surin and will never ever visit this event It is a roundup where elephants are brought back to their place of origin from places as far away as Phuket and Chiang Mai. There are no elephant whisperers in Thailand, the young elephants are often taken by poachers after killing there mothers. They are then generally trated very cruelly indeed to 'break' them. Off topic I know.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

News to me, would interested on reading further if you have any links on the subject?

Whoever we will still be travelling to Surin regardless as part of the trip is to take the children to see there grandmother & the rest of the wifes family.

Best option to travel from Ko Samed to Surin is by NCA. ( Nakhonchai Air). They do have two drivers, all very experienced, different classes, all air conditioned.

Easy to get from Bhan Phe (where the ferry goes to Ko Samed) to Rayong, only a few km away, where you can hop on a NCA bus.

Then to Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram, then Surin.

Traveled with them a few times and was always satisfied. -wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai

Best option to travel from Ko Samed to Surin is by NCA. ( Nakhonchai Air). They do have two drivers, all very experienced, different classes, all air conditioned.

Easy to get from Bhan Phe (where the ferry goes to Ko Samed) to Rayong, only a few km away, where you can hop on a NCA bus.

Then to Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram, then Surin.

Traveled with them a few times and was always satisfied. -wai2.gif

Cheers just checked out there web site, looks good

I o agree NCA are very good but with so many people inc young kids, if its within your groups budget would it not be more comfortable to hire a minibus then you can stop/ eat/ stretch yr legs whenever you like?

Possibley we did do this last year when we renewed our vows Thai style in my mother in laws village, but currently the exact numbers aren't set so considering all options.

Appreciate the feed back.