Please Help Me Find The Right Lawyer In Phuket

Kachu

I need to find a lawyer that is savvy in handling a very serious issue with immigration. I'd prefer a lawyer that is connected enough to negotiate efficiently on my behalf. please, if you have any advice, help me out

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm asking for a lawyer because i'm in legal trouble already, not because i'm planning on doing something wrong... it's already done. now i need a lawyer to help me out. preferably someone good in this field or with connections. i'm looking at lawyers and was hoping people would help me out with info - finding a good lawyer in thailand is not easy

If you haven't already done so, I strongly advise you to contact your Embassy or local Honorary Consul. Whatever circumstances you're in, you probably are not the first, and your Consuls will have knowledge of not only the Immigration people, but local Lawyers also.

• Like 2

i'm asking for a lawyer because i'm in legal trouble already, not because i'm planning on doing something wrong... it's already done. now i need a lawyer to help me out. preferably someone good in this field or with connections. i'm looking at lawyers and was hoping people would help me out with info - finding a good lawyer in thailand is not easy

"A very serious issue with immigration" - immigration law is pretty straigth forward. You are either within the law, or not.

Sounds like you are looking for a "lawyer" to pay a bribe on your behalf. Otherwise know as "mediation." :)

You've created a big pay day for everyone. :)

• Like 1

Let's not go down the path of discussing illegal actions such as bribery and worse. I'm sure many of us have 'heard' of such tales, but let's not post about it here. Thank you.

He asked in the original post for a lawyer that was "connected". We just answered accordingly.

OP,

Maybe you could explain what exactly the problem is? There is a lot of collective expertise here.

Another thing - you might not even need a lawyer, some bookkeeping offices servicing foreigner run companies also know their way well in the immigration jungle.

http://thailandlawyers.info or " lawyer council of Thailand Under The Royal Patronage"

I am also looking for a good English speaking HONEST business lawyer for Chaiyaphum region, I've worked with a lawyer together but this lawyer helped my thai staff more than me !!!! But , i must pay " the bill "

Thai people V/S Farang ( thai lawyers !!! , in my case it is about burglary, robbery , making a fals lease contract ,..... (with witnesses and confession) but my lawyer refused to submit to the local police officele a complaint ! and my lawyer gave the Thai Maniger & Director free advice on what they did best in "the case"

sorry for my bad english (i am from Belgium )

I'm sure if you went into immigration and asked to speak to the guy in charge, you could sort it out. Man up and slide the envelope.

Maybe the OP's breach of the immigration laws is such that as soon as he presents himself, and his passport, in the hope of "mediating" - he will be arrested on the spot, and from a prison cell, the "mediation" price is increased, significantly.

Maybe the OP's breach of the immigration laws is such that as soon as he presents himself, and his passport, in the hope of "mediating" - he will be arrested on the spot, and from a prison cell, the "mediation" price is increased, significantly.

Another one of your improbable imaginary scenarios?

I suppose we should all be grateful that you haven't dragged the islands public transport situation into this thread.......yet.

That will come with the 'have found a lawyer but how do I get to his/her office?' post.

• Like 1

OP,

Maybe you could explain what exactly the problem is? There is a lot of collective expertise here.

Another thing - you might not even need a lawyer, some bookkeeping offices servicing foreigner run companies also know their way well in the immigration jungle.

I would have been hesitant to do that *before* there were multiple posts so inflammatory they were removed by a mod.. I've had plenty of uninformed legal "advice" IRL, I'm just focused on finding the best representation/advice I can get, without airing out my problem in a way that may make it even more difficult to get resolved. I know enough about thailand to know that public legal problems are often far more expensive to get out of.

Or it gets worse after you have been charged with trying to bribe a government official.

Never heard of one farang being charged with it but know of many who have sorted out everything from a property dispute to killing someone on a bike with bribes.

Baht is god, not the law.

to some extent perhaps...and more so and longer with those who are ignorant and stupid enough to keep paying such.

• Like 1

Why not just send a friend in to immigration to talk to the big boss and explain the situation you're in. A farang preferably. Thais have no qualms about being open to a bribe from a farang.

If a drunk farang can wipe out a family of three on a bike and be driving around a week later and a million and a quarter baht lighter goes to show how society is when it comes to baht.

Lets face it. Money will fix this so just bring your wallet and accept the fact it will be lighter.

Or it gets worse after you have been charged with trying to bribe a government official.

Never heard of one farang being charged with it but know of many who have sorted out everything from a property dispute to killing someone on a bike with bribes.

Baht is god, not the law.

to some extent perhaps...and more so and longer with those who are ignorant and stupid enough to keep paying such.

We are talking immigration issue here, not a criminal matter. they are money hungry. They catch people working without permits daily and get paid off constantly. When is the last time you heard of a farang being deported for overstay or working without a permit?

Only the guys who can't pay do.

Why not just send a friend in to immigration to talk to the big boss and explain the situation you're in. A farang preferably. Thais have no qualms about being open to a bribe from a farang.

If a drunk farang can wipe out a family of three on a bike and be driving around a week later and a million and a quarter baht lighter goes to show how society is when it comes to baht.

Lets face it. Money will fix this so just bring your wallet and accept the fact it will be lighter.

Strange post, without even knowing what the problem is.

Strange post, without even knowing what the problem is.

Its immigration. You of all people know the script.

Its money. Its either overstay, working without a work permit or illegal entry. Take your pick but all is fixed with a payoff.

• Like 1