Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport Rail Link Revenue Breaks Even For The First Time

webfact

Don't know how.

We checked it out recently and found it was cheaper to get a taxi.

Used the Taxi.

I'm highly suspect of your claim that a taxi is cheaper. Taxi from the airport to Phaya Thai would be at least 200; by ARL, only about 50 baht.

You only have to look at Hong Kong and Singapore to see examples where eradication of wholesale corruption has had enormous social benefits in raising living standards of the general public. It is no coincidence that both share impeccable public transport systems and airport links. Both airports are superb (Changi almost to a fault) and both easily accessible by rail link from nearly anywhere.

In stark contrast, Thailand has an airport which even when built couldn't cope with the volume of traffic it was expected to handle, has had numerous problems including; corruption on an incredible scale from the land to the building right down to the escalators, fire trucks and scanners, Duty Free concessions involving corruption, criminal activity, and it is widely acknowledged to be under the control of not the Airport Authority, but of three 'mafia' families.

Three wheels on my wagon and I'm still rolling along.

the airport is good. getting good rankings in international comparison.

it is not Changi, yes. If you like Singapore more why don't go work over there.

I'll join in on this. It's fun.

If you are Chinese, why don't you go back there?

i worked in Singapore. Now i am in Bangkok. it is not perfect here. but not that bad that i would complain all the time.

if i dislike a place or dislike a job i would not stay but move.

if you not work here but are just a tourists - move too. China is recommended for having a visit, a lot of nice places there.

life is too short for boring moans. be happy.

But it's ok to live among massive corruption and be in denial rather than be open. If you dislike something you do not HAVE to leave but speak and be honest about anything thats wrong--nothing wrong in trying to improve things

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 1

You only have to look at Hong Kong and Singapore to see examples where eradication of wholesale corruption has had enormous social benefits in raising living standards of the general public. It is no coincidence that both share impeccable public transport systems and airport links. Both airports are superb (Changi almost to a fault) and both easily accessible by rail link from nearly anywhere.

In stark contrast, Thailand has an airport which even when built couldn't cope with the volume of traffic it was expected to handle, has had numerous problems including; corruption on an incredible scale from the land to the building right down to the escalators, fire trucks and scanners, Duty Free concessions involving corruption, criminal activity, and it is widely acknowledged to be under the control of not the Airport Authority, but of three 'mafia' families.

Three wheels on my wagon and I'm still rolling along.

the airport is good. getting good rankings in international comparison.

it is not Changi, yes. If you like Singapore more why don't go work over there.

I already work for a Singaporean company, thanks. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

But it's ok to live among massive corruption and be in denial rather than be open. If you dislike something you do not HAVE to leave but speak and be honest about anything thats wrong--nothing wrong in trying to improve things

Well said.

• Like 1