Weather

TheFishman1

What a Great day it is to be in Thailand , Does it seem hotter this year in CM. Wow today high 102 F or 39C which ever you go by and tmr 100F High, then 97 F most of the week here in CM hope the rain can cool things off ,never thought I welcome the Rain LOL

That's why its called the hot & dry season.

Anyone who read this post when it just said "%2", please forgive the site.

Winnie, one of the more sensible posts! Not your more sensible posts, THE more sensible posts.

Anyone who wants rain, come in the rainy season.... or am I being naive?

Edited by isanbirder

Winnie, one of the more sensible posts! Not your more sensible posts, THE more sensible posts.

Not not necessarily naive but maybe selfish. Surely you realise that a massive amount of people here in the north, and elsewhere, are involved in farming ,its their living. No rain or rainy season coming later than usual means they can't sow crops or maintain what they have as dams are either low or empty and the ground parched. Maybe you take fresh fruit and veges for granted well having previously farmed I certainly don't and a lot of people are hurting right now.A quick google check will show you how many provinces are in "drought" condition and have been for sometime.

Not not necessarily naive but maybe selfish. Surely you realise that a massive amount of people here in the north, and elsewhere, are involved in farming ,its their living. No rain or rainy season coming later than usual means they can't sow crops or maintain what they have as dams are either low or empty and the ground parched. Maybe you take fresh fruit and veges for granted well having previously farmed I certainly don't and a lot of people are hurting right now.A quick google check will show you how many provinces are in "drought" condition and have been for sometime.

Out east of the city, San Kamphaeng is in drought. I'm surrounded by green fields of rice. Water pumped from ground water. These are small scale farmers, not rich corporations. Plenty of water down below our feet, if you're on the valley floor. Different for the hill folk, but they're probably getting the rain we're not.