Burden's To Thai Society?

chumbles

Burden's to Thai Society?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I said the obvious - Corrption. Of course, if you had had enough Ganja to make the authorities think 'dealer' and were given the usual 80 years sentance, then you would be a drain too.

Its probably an interesting question as to just how much jailed westerners cost the Kingdom each year (not meaning you of course Chumbles - just a logical follow through) - especially given that turn-over isn't very high due to the high terms (and low usage of the death penalty for foreigners too perhaps). Obviously would still not be a touch on the tax lost on 1.9Billion US Dollars etc.

The sex industry could be huge too - taking into account the policing, deases control (including free condoms - 30Baht hospitals etc) and the unwanted kids (and aids kids).

It didn't cost them much to keep me locked up for 2 nights, all I got from them was rice and and egg!

I know there would have been lots of paper work & admin but I bet the amount I paid accross to the thai authorites would have easily covered all that!

a few people have so far voted for recreational weed somkers, would you like to explain exactly why that would be more of a Burden to society than the other options?

When you do find a solution to your enforced exile, and you return to LOS, could you bring me a packet of Bisto gravy granules and a Jar of Marmite ( the big one). So much safer. Don't you think? :o

a few people have so far voted for recreational weed somkers, would you like to explain exactly why that would be more of a Burden to society than the other options?

When you do find a solution to your enforced exile, and you return to LOS, could you bring me a packet of Bisto gravy granules and a Jar of Marmite ( the big one). So much safer. Don't you think? :o

Marmite :D

Gravy I can do.

After my help me thread it seems some people think I would be a burden to Thai society, can I get some votes on this please im my 'What would most likely be a burden to Thai society??' poll.

Cheers.

Errr.....does corruption involve the avoidance of vast amounts of tax money?.

Before I vote like.... :o

After my help me thread it seems some people think I would be a burden to Thai society, can I get some votes on this please im my 'What would most likely be a burden to Thai society??' poll.

Cheers.

Before I vote like.... :D

I better not tell you where I work!!! :o

and you better not tell me where you live!!! :D

Before I vote like.... :D

I better not tell you where I work!!! :o

Same same!. :D

and you better not tell me where you live!!! :D

BKK far enough from Samui?. Aberdeen - why we are nearly neighbours.

Almost, sort of thing. :D

If there wasn't so much corruption within the Kingdom, then the police would have more time and resources to go after the weed-smokers (and other druggies) ! :o

Not to mention improvements in the infrastructure and social services.

dude ... after having been busted out of Thailand once ... saying you learned your lesson later in the thread and wouldn't do it again .... then the smoke a fat one comment later in the help thread.... you get my vote!

But really ... I don't think you'd be a burden to Thai Society ... the money your family would send to you in a Thai jail would end up in the hands of others ... then there's the showers .... You'd help out the situation at the jails!

;-)

<yes I am teasing .... mostly!> I mean c'mon ... getting caught with Pot in Thailaand is stupid ... having to leave because of it is stupid and cheap!

I better not tell you where I work!!!

Same same!.

and you better not tell me where you live!!!

BKK far enough from Samui?. Aberdeen - why we are nearly neighbours.

Almost, sort of thing.

saeb, you're safe mate - i dont get paid commission..........so i really dont care!!! :o

just call me mr reliable employee 2006. :D

Edited by game4shame