Kathmandu To Bangkok By Motor Bike

best of luck getting into Bhutan without the tour group add on. Used to be if u knew someone they could invite you up. but they stopped that a few years ago.

Still $200/day is not bad; includes a driver, a guide a 4 wd car, gas, lodging an food

I haven't researched it but there are numerous pitfalls, and almost certainly prohibitive ones, all along the way, even going as a simple tourist. You would need, inter alia and without a vehicle:

1. Plenty of money and advance permission to enter Bhutan from Nepal. Not cheap and as far as I'm aware not a route allowed to tourists.

Nepal and Bhutan has no common border so to enter Bhutan from Nepal is impossible....cheesy.gif

Well, if you look at it historically and current culturally, east bengal (Darjeeling / Gantok) was part of Nepal once, and most still speak Nepali. I ride there often just using my 10 year india visa... no problem. But Bhutan will be the nut to crack!

Well - lets not make a big story about this. Anyhow most of the territory between Nepal and Bhutan is called Sikkim (which Gangtok is the provincial Capital of - if I remember right...) And Sikkim is a former Kingdom that until 1975 was an indipendant state. And youre most probably right that Nepal, Sikkim, Bhutan and East Bengal has a lot of historical and cultural stuff in common.

I dont think Bhutan would be that hard to enter. I rode through parts of Sikkim and through Bhutan last year (entered from Phuntsoling and exited from Samdrup Jongkhar). It was a group tour with everything arranged in advance, but still.... as long as you contact a guide/guide Company in advance and let them arrange it for you - its possible. But it will of course cost some buck.....

True enough. Bhutan is not a problem, as one of the dudes I am gunna drag with me routinely takes people in Bhutan on bike anyway. I meant to say Miramar is the nut to crack, sorry about that... too much chillum yesterday I suppose. My bones are still aching from ride to Muktinath and back. Anyway, any info on adventures into Miramar will be followed closely... cheers!

jigs - permanently based in Kathmandu

www.jiggygaton.info

Edited by StrandedBusinessPerson

Dude, its Myanmar - and that nut is still uncrackable, especially by your own transport.

Human Rts Watch just yesterday slammed the govt over human rights abuse re Rohinga debacle so as I stated prior, you wont be able to enter from Bangladesh for a long, long time. That eas after I posted my comments here I might add. It is just soooo apparent.

This honestly is the route you must take to claim you traversed Myanmar. You cant enter from China and exit at Tachelik and claim you traveled across the country.

Pethaps if you swept down thru NE Myanmar from.China, across the country, into Shan state. Toured that (amazing) and out. Even better to exit south at Three Pagoda.

The rest is just bs, sorry