Recommendation For Non-Authorized Iphone Repair Shop In Bangkok?

cityslicker

My 4S bought in the US has developed some hardware problems and is out of warranty. The on/off button has almost stopped working, the camera LED is permanently on, and often the phone thinks headphones are plugged in (and thus won't play through the speakers) even when they aren't. The on/off button has been slowly failing; the other two happened recently after my "waterproof" case let in a little bit of water; not enough to trigger the liquid contact indicators, but enough to cause these additional problems. Power off, reset, and restore do not solve any of the issues. I took it to an authorized repair shop ("Smart Bar" inside iStudio) today and they said they are not authorized to open the phone, but for 8,500 B could send it to Apple and get a replacement. I could send it to Apple in the US myself and get it fixed/repaired for $199. Or I could take it to a repair shop here, but that would then preclude getting authorized service.

So, can anyone recommend a repair shop in Bangkok that they would actually trust?

Try Tann Telecomm. MBK 4th floor.

I forget the number of his unit and giving directions is hit or miss!! best to Call 08 18156559 or 08 47215403 and the guy will meet you at the door to the Tokyo supermarket by the tokyo check outs on that floor and walk you to his shop, that's what I did the first time I went there.

Not sure if they can address your issue but they have done repairs to iPads and an iPod for me and seem pretty clued up about apple devices. Worth a try for sure - they will probably offer a reliable referral if they can't do the job themselves.

Sent using the iPad App.

Are you sure that shipping it to Apple in the US is an option? I recently had a problem with an iPhone 5 purchased in the US. I could not find a carrier in Shanghai who would ship it because of the lithium battery. As I understand it that applies to all international shipments. I also found out from Apple that they can't arrange shipment to/from them from/to outside the US. It must be shipped from and returned to a US address.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

My 4S bought in the US has developed some hardware problems and is out of warranty. The on/off button has almost stopped working, the camera LED is permanently on, and often the phone thinks headphones are plugged in (and thus won't play through the speakers) even when they aren't. The on/off button has been slowly failing; the other two happened recently after my "waterproof" case let in a little bit of water; not enough to trigger the liquid contact indicators, but enough to cause these additional problems. Power off, reset, and restore do not solve any of the issues. I took it to an authorized repair shop ("Smart Bar" inside iStudio) today and they said they are not authorized to open the phone, but for 8,500 B could send it to Apple and get a replacement. I could send it to Apple in the US myself and get it fixed/repaired for $199. Or I could take it to a repair shop here, but that would then preclude getting authorized service.

So, can anyone recommend a repair shop in Bangkok that they would actually trust?

Get rid of it. Get an android. Youll be happier. Trust me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My recent experience ( 4 July, 2014) with dr. smartphone (fifth floor of the FICO building, Asoke)

was very positive. My iphone 4 was repaired quickly and efficiently with a 3 month warranty.

Any future repairs or tech purchases of mine will be with this reliable company.

• 1 month later...

Dr Smartphone is the best and most reliable place in BKK to fix your smartphone. They are very professional, knowledgable and efficient. Prices are very reasonable and fair. Located in the FICO building on the 5th floor, Sukhumvit 21 (Asoke Rd)

Had a problem with the speaker on my iphone. The repaired it in one hour and replaced it with a new speaker.

Skyjumper