Do No Harm

thequietman

First of all, all posters please note that you are in the Health Forum now, and there is zero tolerance for flaming and rudeness here.

Secondly, patient confidentiality is indeed expected of Thai health professionals and I have observed over the years many cases where they went out of their way to maintain it....both doctors and nurses.

Obviously the doctor in question was an exception, assuming the OP is correct re the content of what she said.

If so, it was certainly wrong, and I would in future avoid that particular doctor. If she makes a practice of this type of thing odds are others will do the same as no one likes having their personal medical matters broadcast.

Beyond that there is not anything you can do, practically speaking.

Hopefully there are other options for emergency care not too far away....

• Like 1

She has broken the Hippocratic Oath that all Doctors agree to abide by,I would find out which local authority she works for and report her,she should be at least warned or struck off for such blatant disregard of a family's privacy!

"What I may see or hear in the course of the treatment or even outside of the treatment in regard to the life of men, which on no account one must spread abroad, I will keep to myself holding such things shameful to be spoken about."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocratic_Oath

Doctors do not take this oath. It is a myth and they certainly are not legally bound by it. As has been repeatedly stated, there are patient privacy regulations in place. Bringing a complaint would be a waste of time. A complaint would have to be substantiated and at this time I doubt there will be any village folk rushing to support the complaint.

• Like 1

She has broken the Hippocratic Oath that all Doctors agree to abide by,I would find out which local authority she works for and report her,she should be at least warned or struck off for such blatant disregard of a family's privacy!

"What I may see or hear in the course of the treatment or even outside of the treatment in regard to the life of men, which on no account one must spread abroad, I will keep to myself holding such things shameful to be spoken about."

Doctors do not take this oath. It is a myth and they certainly are not legally bound by it.

I also believe that is correct

Doctors do not take this oath. It is a myth and they certainly are not legally bound by it. As has been repeatedly stated, there are patient privacy regulations in place. Bringing a complaint would be a waste of time. A complaint would have to be substantiated and at this time I doubt there will be any village folk rushing to support the complaint.

I'm sorry but you are just wrong,maybe you should do some research before jumping in with unfounded and potentially misleading and harmful information? :

"The British Medical Association has drafted a new Hippocratic Oath on behalf of the World Medical Association"

http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Ideals-and-the-Hippocratic-Oath.htm

why did you have to shout at her for? Maybe she was just telling your neighbors that she will be alright . I am so sorry for your stepson and girlfriend as a precious life has gone .

This doctor is not a family member. The correct thing to do would have been to return to her surgery. No one approached her..................... she approached them.

wow , just calm down . you would think you would be more concern for your family at this tragic event , then worry about a doctor who was maybe just telling neighbors about the tragedy .I am sure if the doctor could help she would have . so when the neighbors were asking questions , you wanted to keep to yourself even though they might have had good intentions, so when your step son,s g/f was taken away you did not go with them , but stayed there for the fun to begin ? still sorry for your lost

you are such an ass. Girl, stepson, girls mother, girls father, my wife, 2 parametics and one driver. Where do you want me to sit...on the roof. Once it was confirmed at the doctors surgery that it was a miscarriage and she was out of danger, I was ok. I stayed to look after our son or maybe I should have put him in the back of the ambulance also. A doctor should not be discussing any patients medical history - period. Discussing it with non family members ! unbelievable. Going to find someone to discuss it with ! defies belief.

OK .I HOPE YOU SON'S G/F IS OK AND HAS THE HELP SHE WILL NEED