Easy Bar

falangontheslash

Were you one of the chased 'falangontheslash'?

Khun Tu opened his first Easy Bar in 1994 at the place that later became the Lobo Bar and thereby lost its innocense. When the rent was raised too much he moved his Easy Bar to the Singhaklai Road not far from the police station. This place houses now a little travel agency.

Soon he moved the Easy Bar again and landed opposite the Wiang Inn Hotel: The present Funny House of Klaus and Kitty! After that, for a short time, he moved the Easy Bar to his house at the Thanon Sankong Noi. Only a few regulars knew to find him there.

His last location, the fifth in the mean time, was the present one on the corner at the Wang Come.

His artists friends decorated the place and it was the hang out for many of his golfplaying friends, Thai and farang.

Every Thursday Thai and 'farang' artists played music together. Famous was American folksinger Randy, Canadian violinist David and Dutch percussionist Fred. It was also one of the places where the Youth Violin Orchestre of Chiang Rai had its first public performances.

Groups from village schools got the opportunity as well to show their musical and dancing skills.

As far as I know Mr. Easy, as Khun Tu was was called as well, was the only one in Chiang Rai who ever tried to bring a farang and Thai public together in one place.

For some reason the instrument you are talking about belonged to the furniture since the very beginning. It contained a cigarette lighter. 'It has never been stolen' he told me once with a smile. As I understand Khun Lin, the present manager, found another use for it.

Some years ago Khun Tu went with some friends to the hospital after the bar closed. He didn't feel well.

Some hours later he passed away.

For many of us the Easy Bar will always be associated with this very sympathic and remarcable person.

Limbo :o

Anyone know if the easy bar is still run by the women who runs around with a giant wooden cock chasing customers? I love that bar and planning to come back this year.... tanks

Easy house got sold around october last year. The new owner is Lin, who also runs R&B bar accross the street. For a lot of forreigners Easy House is one of the hang around and meeting places in Chiang Rai. Food is great and service is always smiling :o

So to your quistion. The girl with the wooden xxx. She is gone.

As far as I know Mr. Easy, as Khun Tu was was called as well, was the only one in Chiang Rai who ever tried to bring a farang and Thai public together in one place.

I have met lots of thai people at other places in town. Most often in Cat Bar (thais from out of town) and R&B bar (local thais). They are both located on Thanon Jedyod. I actually do believe Cat Bar is in a thai travel guide for Chiang Rai. Both places are most often visited by forreigners.

I have met lots of thai people at other places in town. Most often in Cat Bar (thais from out of town) and R&B bar (local thais). They are both located on Thanon Jedyod. I actually do believe Cat Bar is in a thai travel guide for Chiang Rai. Both places are most often visited by forreigners.

Yes dear M. Potter, I also met a lot of Thai people at other places in town. Big C for example.

Does Sam still have jam sessions in his Cat Bar?

He is a great musician. I spend a lot of nice hours there.