30 Chinese Tourists Suffer Food Poisoning After Lunch At Larn Island Restaurant

webfact

Cam you trust any restaurant in Thailand?

You cannot trust any restaurant in any country, repeat, in any country.

You cannot see what goes on in the kitchen. There is always an element of risk eating out.

You can trust restaurants here. I've eaten at some restaurants frequently (2 or 3 times a week) for 7 years and NEVER had a problem.

I totally agree with Tropo. In over 5 years here I cannot remember ever having a problem. I go by the simple rule that if the restaurant is busy, then it is okay. It has worked for me in every country I have visited.

Dr Wanchai and Frankiebaby are being pessimistic in the extreme IMHO.

Everyone's experience is different and mine is diametrically opposite to yours. I been poisoned in a lot of places, but most frequently it is the western-style places with lots of traffic. There is at least a half dozen places in Pattaya alone that I will never set foot into again. On the other hand, I rarely, if ever, get sick from street food. Maybe because I can watch them prepare it and make sure they don't sprinkle the disk with a bit of ptomaine for flavor.

I am also one of those people that can eat anything in Thailand and not get sick, but that is most likely because my system is used to it. People that come here for short time are usually the ones that get sick. Any food stall or food cart is an accident waiting to happen, and when it does, what do you do? Go back and complain? No, you just try to survive and thats the end of it. No one knows which food you were sick from, maybe the fish, but just as well from the fruit or veggies.

If you get sick on an air plane, that is a controlled environment, so quite easy to find out exactly what the problem was, and there are also people that WANT to find out, here there is really no one that has any interest in finding out, since it might hurt the image. Eventually this incident will be forgotten Chinese will be blamed for having weak stomachs, and not used to eating spicy food!

Cam you trust any restaurant in Thailand?

You cannot trust any restaurant in any country, repeat, in any country.

You cannot see what goes on in the kitchen. There is always an element of risk eating out.

So true...I can't remember the number of times I've been in restaurants in Thailand where a member of the staff has come out of one of the toilet stalls (I'm a guy so that likely means the fella has taken a dump) and just walks out back onto the floor without washing his hands; of course, it would do little good in many of the other restaurants I've been to that had no soap left in the soap dispensers.

For these reasons, and my wanting to cook and eat a healthier diet, I now eat about 80 percent of my meals at home...and spent much less time myself on the throne.

I think I know this restaurant at Koh Larn, popular among chinese and korean tourists. Its quite big in size , I went there to have a look and the first thing I noticed was all the flies that circled around the saladbar , and the smell inside , I spotted several chinese eating there.

I lost my apetite and found another place.