Many Thais Have Told Me Taskin Was Poor As A Child

kkf123

states that his family was one of the most wealthy and powerful in Thailand, and that his family was on friendly terms with the Royal Family.

I have made the mistake in the past of repeating things Thais have told me as fact, such as "There is no death penalty in Thailand".

He was born into wealth.....fact

Yes, "The son of impoverished Chinese silk merchants" (Independant newspaper, Thursday).

Is that a paradoxical statement?.

Of course the degree in the US had to be paid for somehow...........

Interesting study subject though ; Criminology.

Somehow I don't think he was sharing a room with 6 others and eating plain rice. :o

He "apparently" also worked at Mc Donalds while the wife was "apparently" working at Burger King in order to survive while he was studying in the U.S. He won't tell you today that back then he also purchased and shipped a Mercedes back to Thailand. :D

Someone was just telling me about american university professors looking at his thesis lately and saying that it looked and read like it was done by some high school student and called it a "mickey mouse thesis", wondering how Thaksin can be called Dr. today... Maybe a generous donation was made to the University back then, who knows... :o We'll probably know more about this "thesis" in the near future with people digging up on his case.

He can not be called a bright person (countless public adresses, tv interviews and radio shows blunders) although he was always good at surrounding himself with people thinking and acting on his behalf.

He constantly reinvents himself, often forgetting that people are taking notes, recording image and audio to be played back later...

As I've said before, I suspect the man of having bipolar disorder or being manic-depressive.

"The business of politics" is a great book and will tell you more about Thaksin and his entourage. With all that's been happening, I'm hoping the book is followed by a second one as there is enough material so far for 4 books!

He "apparently" also worked at Mc Donalds while the wife was "apparently" working at Burger King in order to survive while he was studying in the U.S. He won't tell you today that back then he also purchased and shipped a Mercedes back to Thailand. :D

Someone was just telling me about american university professors looking at his thesis lately and saying that it looked and read like it was done by some high school student and called it a "mickey mouse thesis", wondering how Thaksin can be called Dr. today... Maybe a generous donation was made to the University back then, who knows... :o We'll probably know more about this "thesis" in the near future with people digging up on his case.

He can not be called a bright person (countless public adresses, tv interviews and radio shows blunders) although he was always good at surrounding himself with people thinking and acting on his behalf.

He constantly reinvents himself, often forgetting that people are taking notes, recording image and audio to be played back later...

As I've said before, I suspect the man of having bipolar disorder or being manic-depressive.

"The business of politics" is a great book and will tell you more about Thaksin and his entourage. With all that's been happening, I'm hoping the book is followed by a second one as there is enough material so far for 4 books!

And lets not forget his first 'commercial success' An ex police Captain selling computers to the.........

police. However, the c.v. seems to be lacking transparency - or most anything at all.

:D