It's Time For A Separate Phangan Forum

cwmkpg

After all these years, and the substantial growth of Koh Phangan, Isn't it about time that the "powers that be"

at Thai Visa granted our little slice of paradise a separate forum...???

It would be easy for TV to create a new forum, and would truly be a big help to many people... ( workers, resort owners, residents, tourists, investors, etc.)...

You will get better answers if this was posted in the Forum Support rather than Koh Samui etc forum------->Moving to Forum Support,

Please tell me that you are joking. My post was completely relevant to the people reading the Koh Samui forum...

Just how many people do you think seek out "Forum Support" ???....

What the hell is the colour is your shirt ??

Since you are asking:

Isn't it about time that the "powers that be" at Thai Visa granted our little slice of paradise a separate forum...???

Appears you are after an answer from the "powers that be", therefore moved to Forum Support for answers.

• Like 1

Since you are asking:

Isn't it about time that the "powers that be" at Thai Visa granted our little slice of paradise a separate forum...???

Appears you are after an answer from the "powers that be", therefore moved to Forum Support for answers.

Have you actually looked at the forum "support" page recently???? Need I say more ?..

Sorry to say, but not so many TV members live in Koh Phangan, few lost during the last years and some new, but IMHO not enough to have a separate forum.

And I live in Koh Phangan smile.png

Sorry Angiud but I beg to differ. There are more than enough residents, short / long time tourists, businesses, etc to warrant a separate forum ( or at least a sub-forum )..

The setup time for the IT pro's at TV would be about 5 minutes, would cost them nothing, and just may help some people with their questions.

Isn't that the whole idea of a forum ???

Few TV members live on Phangan indeed. 9 out of 10 posts in Tao/KPG/Samui forums are about Samui which probably reflects TV membership.

Of course, Ang Thong,.... Samui is 10 X the size of Phangan...

I was only suggesting that some kind of additional forum ( or some kind of sub-forum ) related to Phangan only would be more efficient to the site users.

And again, adding an additional forum would be simple for the TV people. They could even sell more advertisements!!!

Few TV members live on Phangan indeed. 9 out of 10 posts in Tao/KPG/Samui forums are about Samui which probably reflects TV membership.

Of course, Ang Thong,.... Samui is 10 X the size of Phangan...

I was only suggesting that some kind of additional forum ( or some kind of sub-forum ) related to Phangan only would be more efficient to the site users.

And again, adding an additional forum would be simple for the TV people. They could even sell more advertisements!!!

It's actually just 75 % larger... Though with 5x the population. Quite a few Samui discussions pertain to Phangan as well... I don't know, maybe try it and if it doesn't work (no one posting or something), revert back to a combined forum?

Edited by AngThong

Sorry, I was referring to the population, not physical size, although I am quite sure that Samui has a good bit more than 5X the population of Phangan... but that doesn't matter at all....

I agree with your post completely.... why not try it?... See what happens.. If a new forum works, that's great !... If no one visits the forum... close it. Simple.

As Koh Phangan & Koh Tao are sattelites of Samui for admin purposes (Courtl/immigration/hospitals/Govt) I feel one thread best serves all 3. Furthermore it's worked since 2003.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

As Koh Phangan & Koh Tao are sattelites of Samui for admin purposes (Courtl/immigration/hospitals/Govt) I feel one thread best serves all 3. Furthermore it's worked since 2003.

2003 was 10 years ago, and with all due respect, please inform all of us your qualifications to say that "It's worked"...

I have been a permanent resident here longer than TV has existed.... and while it has been an invaluable tool for many, many people, it hasn't worked as well as it could...

I believe that you are totally incorrect in your opinion that 1 forum is sufficient for all 3 islands. A single forum only makes it more difficult for people to find island-specific info.

Once gain..... this is supposed to be a so-called forum... sharing of information...........

Hi,

It is not about population or government but about traffic. There are not enough Koh Phangan posts to warrant a separate forum at this time. If you can help increase the number of Koh Phangan related topics and users from the island then it might be considered but as it stands now there are very few posts and members and not enough to populate, or keep thriving, its own forum.

As others have previously posted, SBK, why not give it a try ?? It would cost TV nothing and just might catch on... and bring advertising revenue to the good folks at TV... It seems that it is, after all, the bottom line that matters, no?....

Could be a win-win situation.... nothing ventured, nothing gained... ( I read that somewhere...).

Gained would be a dead forum, people advertise in active forums with lots of posts. I don't see nearly enough posts to justify a separate forum. As a low post count member yourself, you might want to consider what you can do to bring Phangan post numbers up smile.png

• Like 2

Since you are asking:

Have you actually looked at the forum "support" page recently???? Need I say more ?..

You have to understand how moving a topic works & stop getting your knickers in a knot. When a topic is moved, the original post stays in it's original forum with a redirect, that means you get more contributions. This is also where concerns, ideas, problems etc... are posted for the attention of Admin & the forum owners

Secondly KPG gets more exposure with it's current positioning people reading Samui & Tao can also get KPG news & reviews, which in turn should increase interest.

You also have two dedicated threads for KPG:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/125263-images-of-samui-phangan-and-tao/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/131857-share-your-favorite-restaurants-in-phangan/

• Like 1

Hi,

It is not about population or government but about traffic. There are not enough Koh Phangan posts to warrant a separate forum at this time. If you can help increase the number of Koh Phangan related topics and users from the island then it might be considered but as it stands now there are very few posts and members and not enough to populate, or keep thriving, its own forum.

SBK,

You have been the voice of reason here on phangan for many years.... I'm sure that you and I would know each other on sight.... In fact, we have probably both enjoyed a meal at Peppercorn at the same time....

I don't post many messages for the simple reason that I am an old retired guy and I just can't be bothered with most of the B***s**t that I read on the Samui "forum ".

SBK.... I would expect that you, of all people, would like to see more direct Phangan-related info....

A (temporary) new forum is not rocket science.... easy to set up and easy to close if no interest..

As you said, "people advertise in active forums".... Phangan does not have an active forum.... again, why don't we give it a try ???...

The hippies are trying to break away, let them have there forum

You have made my day !!!

I haven't been called a hippy for more than 40 years....

Thank You !!

Edited by cwmkpg

You have made my day !!!

Thank You !!

Good to hear there are still a few old hippies on KPG! thumbsup.gif

I post less on the Samui Forum nowadays as I spend little time there. However when I did I was surprised to see few dedicated KPG posts....relating only to there or indeed Koh Tao.

If you really want to test the water you should start a thread simply for Koh Phangan related info. Get some of your friends posting there and see what comes of it.

I had a friend do the same on a Middle Eastern forum and they achieved their own forum in the end.

Really you need to create a thread where people are talking regularly enough to warrant it.

Best of luck! smile.png

• Like 2

You have made my day !!!

Thank You !!

What you had expected, most of them are not able to pay for a flight home. coffee1.gif

You have made my day !!!

Thank You !!

What you had expected, most of them are not able to pay for a flight home. coffee1.gif

Haha maybe they don't want to go home? rolleyes.gif

Hi,

SBK,

You have been the voice of reason here on phangan for many years.... I'm sure that you and I would know each other on sight.... In fact, we have probably both enjoyed a meal at Peppercorn at the same time....

I don't post many messages for the simple reason that I am an old retired guy and I just can't be bothered with most of the B***s**t that I read on the Samui "forum ".

SBK.... I would expect that you, of all people, would like to see more direct Phangan-related info....

A (temporary) new forum is not rocket science.... easy to set up and easy to close if no interest..

As you said, "people advertise in active forums".... Phangan does not have an active forum.... again, why don't we give it a try ???...

Now you have 35 posts in the last 2 years , 10 of them in this topic alone, sure I can see how the idea of a separate forum would fly.thumbsup.gif

^ that movie with Di Caprio is fiction, you know ?

You weren't there dancing under the stars in Thong Nai Pan Noi a decade ago then?

biggrin.png

Was filmed in Krabi with a fake Hadrin, fake Angthong. Fake everything actually. :)

^ that movie with Di Caprio is fiction, you know ?

You weren't there dancing under the stars in Thong Nai Pan Noi a decade ago then?

biggrin.png

Was filmed in Krabi with a fake Hadrin, fake Angthong. Fake everything actually. smile.png

I know. Was simply referring to a magical time on a beautiful beach.

Its still magical....if you can afford 10k Baht a night. The additional light pollution has ruined parts of it too.