Mobile Site - Opera Mobile Browser

naboo

When viewing through Opera Mini or Opera Mobile on my Android phone, the stars on the left have disappeared. They used to take me to the latest post.

Now, clicking on the topic takes me sometimes to page 1 and sometimes to the last page. Annoying on the 'Rain' topic in CM forum if I get taken to p1 as no way to skip to p78 without going 1 page at a time.

At the risk of not addressing your specific complaint - have you tried the TV android App yet? Since starting to use it it's my preferred way to use the forum - even when a proper desktop/laptop is available.

If you use another browser on your device, do you have the same issue or not?

No, can see the stars.

That suggest that your Opera browser is the problem. Can you please try Opera browser on another smartphone and see if still an issue?

At the risk of not addressing your specific complaint - have you tried the TV android App yet? Since starting to use it it's my preferred way to use the forum - even when a proper desktop/laptop is available.

I have, but switching to another site means opening another application, so I gave up on that.

Opera is one of the most used Android browsers and really compresses sites to reduce data usage. A week ago the shortcut stars just vanished on Thousand though.

If you use another browser on your device, do you have the same issue or not?

No, can see the stars.

That suggest that your Opera browser is the problem. Can you please try Opera browser on another smartphone and see if still an issue?

Will do, my tablet loads the full site. Will try with another smartphone tomorrow.

Thanks for getting back.

At the risk of not addressing your specific complaint - have you tried the TV android App yet? Since starting to use it it's my preferred way to use the forum - even when a proper desktop/laptop is available.I have, but switching to another site means opening another application, so I gave up on that.Opera is one of the most used Android browsers and really compresses sites to reduce data usage. A week ago the shortcut stars just vanished on Thousand though.

Yes I was an opera user before switching to iPhone. It's a neat browser with nice usability.

Not sure what you mean by "switching to another site", do you mean opening a link in the TV app, to YouTube or a link to another website? The iOS app offers the option to open any links etc "in app", is that function not present in the android version? Not nitpicking, just curious.

At the risk of not addressing your specific complaint - have you tried the TV android App yet? Since starting to use it it's my preferred way to use the forum - even when a proper desktop/laptop is available.I have, but switching to another site means opening another application, so I gave up on that.Opera is one of the most used Android browsers and really compresses sites to reduce data usage. A week ago the shortcut stars just vanished on Thousand though.

Yes I was an opera user before switching to iPhone. It's a neat browser with nice usability.

Not sure what you mean by "switching to another site", do you mean opening a link in the TV app, to YouTube or a link to another website? The iOS app offers the option to open any links etc "in app", is that function not present in the android version? Not nitpicking, just curious.

No, as in going to the BBC site, need to then open a browser whereas with Opera I can do in a new tab.