Bangkok Police On The Hunt For Anonymous Rock-Thrower

webfact

Police on the hunt for anonymous rock-thrower

silomintersection.jpg

Bangkok police are on the hunt for a man who is being implicated in a pair of rock-throwing incidents earlier this week.

BANGKOK: -- The first incident occurred at Silom intersection this Monday morning. It was there that the anonymous individual parked his motorbike, withdrew a rock from his jacket and hurled it down towards passing traffic, damaging a black Toyota sedan in the process.

By the time police reached the scene, the man had used his motorcycle to take flight.

Police also suspect the man of being responsible for a second rock-throwing attack, which took place on Ratchadaphisek Road near the Rama Nine intersection.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/04/24/police-hunt-anonymous-rock-thrower

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-04-24

What a headline " hunting an anonymous rock thrower ". If there were any witnesses their description will be something along the lines of " black hair of average length, brown skin, average height, average build ". Chances of the " hunt " being successful, if it actually exists, are nil unless he's caught in the act and even getting his m/cycle registration number won't help because records are, well not exactly accurate.

• Like 2

Hey, if some of the police are busy looking for someone they can't find then at least there is less of them extorting the general public.

They should Google the name " Harry Chanellor " ( hope that's the correct spelling ) a one time D/ Sgt in the Met who went insane and planted bricks on people thinking he was doing his job. How many males in Bkk will now be found with rocks in their pockets, no pun intended, and have to buy their way out of false trouble ?

Maybe it is some fellow training himself to be a dispenser of red shirt justice democracy.

Oh dear....the first to let his obsession with red shirts shine through in an eminently non-political thread. I suggest taking up a sport or hobby. Good for the blood pressure, don't cha know.

• Like 2

This happened in Los Angeles years ago to a friend of mine and other folks with some fatalities. Overpasses were fitted with heavy duty fences with a top that curved inward or totally enclosed the overhead walkway. Making it nearly impossible for this to happen.

Had some punks pummel my car once. I backtracked and saw them hide in an empty pool. I chucked a lit M-1000 in said pool and they scattered like wet rats,all holding their ears. Price worth a few dents on the battered wagon for the look on their cat eating xxxx faces.!

Edited by metisdead

Maybe it is some fellow training himself to be a dispenser of red shirt justice democracy.

Oh dear....the first to let his obsession with red shirts shine through in an eminently non-political thread. I suggest taking up a sport or hobby. Good for the blood pressure, don't cha know.

Maybe he was just going by past practice of your friends.

What a headline " hunting an anonymous rock thrower ". If there were any witnesses their description will be something along the lines of " black hair of average length, brown skin, average height, average build ". Chances of the " hunt " being successful, if it actually exists, are nil unless he's caught in the act and even getting his m/cycle registration number won't help because records are, well not exactly accurate.

Not much chance of a hunt as it was probably a " helmet day " so more important things to do

Must be a slow crime day for a city of around 10-million for a rock thrower to be making the top headlines.

Maybe, but we had one back in the Netherlands too.. there were copycats and accidents. I don't think this is a minor crime. Imagine the death toll if it hits a window and the car slams into an other car. Throwing rocks from an overpass is real dangerous.

I can remember a time in Britain when placing objects on railways lines was a bit of a pastime

Had some punks pummel my car once. I backtracked and saw them hide in an empty pool. I chucked a lit M-1000 in said pool and they scattered like wet rats,all holding their ears. Price worth a few dents on the battered wagon for the look on their cat eating xxxx faces.!

You keep one (or more) of those in your truck?

Fortunate for them or else you would have to had to get the gun out of the glove-box or rifle off the rack eh. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Just makes you wonder what kind of mentality this ass-hole has, people have been killed by these kind of reckless, thoughtless actions hope they catch this stupid sick idiot and that nobody is injured in the meantime while they are hunting him. Drive safely everyone.

By the time police reached the scene, the man had used his motorcycle to take flight.

Happened in Ubon some years ago. Kids threw rocks into windshields of cars. Those who stopped, were killed by bigger boys, who first robbed them, then threw their bodies away and sold the cars in a neighboring country.

Took cops a long time to find this gang. Really scary what some people are able to do.-wai2.gif

These types of individuals do not stop, they usually get caught. Hopefully sooner than later.

Hopefully caught before he seriously injurers someone like has happened in Melbourne Australia a few years back when a young idiot hurled a huge rock off a freeway overpass straight through the front windscreen.

Why cannot some people here on TV who seem to have something wrong with their heads

realise that this news article in the Bangkok Post was written by a Thai whose first language

is not English.

If there were to be a news article written in Thai and by farangs whose first language is not

Thai, I am pretty sure the native Thais will be rolling on the floor laughing. cheesy.gif

If you people do not have anything positive to say, go find something worthwhile to do.

• Like 1

Why cannot some people here on TV who seem to have something wrong with their heads

realise that this news article in the Bangkok Post was written by a Thai whose first language

is not English.

If there were to be a news article written in Thai and by farangs whose first language is not

Thai, I am pretty sure the native Thais will be rolling on the floor laughing. cheesy.gif

If you people do not have anything positive to say, go find something worthwhile to do.

Are you open for an appointment for those of us who have something wrong with our heads Dr.?

Edited by Pimay1