Red Shirt Activists Vow To Block Constitution Court Office

webfact

Remember that there are many different kinds of judges/courts.

It's relevant that in the USA Federal Supreme Court judges are appointed for life (or they retire, resign, or are impeached). The Federal Court of Appeals judges are also appointed. The Federal District Court judges are also appointed.

Getting down to the state level, 87% of state court judges are elected and 39 states have at least some judges elected.

I believe that appointment is the most common method world-wide.

"87% of state court judges are elected" or appointed???

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has threatened to use the people's force against the Constitutional Court if it interferes in the power of the executive and legislative branches.

Then on cue..............Red democracy in action

Edited by waza

I know which is worse: posting a provocative message or physically acting in a provocative way (intimidation).

But one or two seem to think that words are more intimidating than physical threats.

This is bad enough but taken with a number of previous efforts (the worst one apparently successful) shows that the red shirts concept of democracy includes violence to achieve their ends.

The only saving grace is that at least PTP don't (openly) support them even though they are doing just what Thaksin suggested they do.

I believe that people can demonstrate outside any building but if they impede the regular working of state officials that would be naughty and the police should do something.

If there is a law against it would it apply to Thaksin employes?

Yes.

The police would do just what they did in 2010. SFA

I know which is worse: posting a provocative message or physically acting in a provocative way (intimidation).

But one or two seem to think that words are more intimidating than physical threats.

This is bad enough but taken with a number of previous efforts (the worst one apparently successful) shows that the red shirts concept of democracy includes violence to achieve their ends.

The only saving grace is that at least PTP don't (openly) support them even though they are doing just what Thaksin suggested they do.

Did Thaksin tell the red shirts to block the constitution court office? What skype was that in, I must have missed it?

Did Thaksin tell the red shirts to block the constitution court office? What skype was that in, I must have missed it?

Are you privy to all of Thaksin's Skype calls?

• Like 2

Dont think it was Skype, I think it was on his Facebook page. Check it out Mutt. Or just call him and ask.

Edited by dcutman

Again, I'll repeat, the burden of proof is not on me. I'm not the one purporting that Thaksin told the red shirts to block the Constitution Court Office as stated by Khunken. I'm just getting a bit bored reading endless accusations on here with no substance to back up those claims.

Edited by muttley
  • Like 2

Well that's not a surprise when you are selective in what you read.

Around two to three weeks ago Thaksin Skyped to a red shirt rally suggesting that they make known (or words to that effect) their opposition to the CC accepting a petition against change to article 68.

There was a full thread on TV on the topic - go and look it up.

I checked every one of them - every one of those countries has a constitutional court with judges elected by parliament.

If you want the number of countries that have a constitutional court whose judges are elected directly by the people I would suggest that you point this out in your question.

In reality you know you've been caught out by implying that the election of judges to the constitutional court is a bad thing but don't have the good grace to admit it.

Considering the part that I quoted ("direct election of new judges"), I thought my question would be clear. Since it didn't end up being clear to some people, I rephrased it.

Well that's not a surprise when you are selective in what you read.

Around two to three weeks ago Thaksin Skyped to a red shirt rally suggesting that they make known (or words to that effect) their opposition to the CC accepting a petition against change to article 68.

There was a full thread on TV on the topic - go and look it up.

Adding:

Here is a quote from one thread, referring to Thaksin's Skype to the red shirts on 10th April:

Addressing the red-shirt rally, Thaksin threatened to rouse the public

to act against the Constitutional Court if it continued to interfere in

the power of the executive and legislative branches. The demonstration

was held to commemorate the third anniversary of the April 2010

crackdown on red-shirt protesters.

I checked every one of them - every one of those countries has a constitutional court with judges elected by parliament.

And how many of those countries are pressurised in to electing the Judges recommended by a colour coded mob.

• Like 1

The Justice system is just a milking cow that the rich here in Thailand abuse to have THEIR WAY!!!!!!giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

The justice system used to be the only one's to defy Thaksin, (besides the academic's), but some of the screw ball decisions lately, I now think otherwise, the only thing I am pi!!ed off about, I 'm not on the gravy train, with that 2Tn Bht loan comin along , a pink Bentley err yeah.cheesy.gif

UPDATE
Reds threaten to have charter court judges impeached, seek to block their wages
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Upset that the Constitutional Court judges have been ignoring demands for them to quit, the red shirts Wednesday threatened to launch an impeachment campaign and have the Budget Bureau stop paying their salaries.

Pongpisit Kongsena, a red-shirt leader who led a protest, said his group would lodge a complaint with the Budget Bureau to stop paying the salaries of the nine Constitutional Court judges and solicit 20,000 signatures from the public to file an impeachment complaint with National AntiCorruption Commission.

The red shirts vowed to continue protesting to pressure the judges to quit or have them find another way out. Wednesday was the third day of the protest.

"The judges have been ignoring our demand for them to stop working as they think this is only a symbolic protest. Thus, we are going to come up with a strategy to make them respond to our call," Pongpisit said.

The red-shirt leaders took turns in making statements on the stage alternating with musical performances to entertain the protesters gathered outside the Constitutional Court.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-24

UPDATE

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Upset that the Constitutional Court judges have been ignoring demands for them to quit, the red shirts Wednesday threatened to launch an impeachment campaign and have the Budget Bureau stop paying their salaries.

Pongpisit Kongsena, a red-shirt leader who led a protest, said his group would lodge a complaint with the Budget Bureau to stop paying the salaries of the nine Constitutional Court judges and solicit 20,000 signatures from the public to file an impeachment complaint with National AntiCorruption Commission.

The red shirts vowed to continue protesting to pressure the judges to quit or have them find another way out. Wednesday was the third day of the protest.

"The judges have been ignoring our demand for them to stop working as they think this is only a symbolic protest. Thus, we are going to come up with a strategy to make them respond to our call," Pongpisit said.

The red-shirt leaders took turns in making statements on the stage alternating with musical performances to entertain the protesters gathered outside the Constitutional Court.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-04-24

Let the next redshirt revolution across Thailand begin again,.... businesses in Thailand,... mooove awaaaaayyyy and save your assets, get ready for another violent showdown, soon to come. Those protesters consist of rice farmers, wage-hikers, Tuktuk bikers, Taxi driver, Tablet Users, First Car Schemers, ..... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

The red-shirt leaders took turns in making statements on the stage
alternating with musical performances to entertain the protesters
gathered outside the Constitutional Court.

Does that include Thaksin warbling 'My Way'?

• Like 1

I wonder who could be behind this.

There was that chap living in luxury overseas who said he would organise the people to rise against the Constitution Court a few days back?

Couldn't be him, could it?

No, apparently not. He only suggested the idea............

Edited by bigbamboo

The red-shirt leaders took turns in making statements on the stage

alternating with musical performances to entertain the protesters

gathered outside the Constitutional Court.

Does that include Thaksin warbling 'My Way'?

I think one of the songs was "screw your mothers" sung in memory of their dear leader.

Talk like that can get the dog mad at you.

Why is it so hard to accept that the red shirts are supported by the PTP and have no problems making threats towards The whole part of Thailand that will not agree with them.

Remember these are the same red shirts who initiated through there criminal activities a fight that resulted in over 90 dead. And yet people continue to claim they did no wrong and support them. How the #@&*)!@#_ can they support the invasion of a hospital.

One day Thaksin says every thing is black and they all believe him the next day he says every things white and they all believe him. How many years of red shirt schooling does it take to get that gullible?

Uneducated mind comes to me. Or just plain greedy as Thaksin does pay well. I heard in Bangkok it was room and board plus 500 baht a day. That was for the lowest paid. But I did also here a rumor that he cheated them out of their last few weeks pay. That was when it started to get through his greedy brain or what ever is in his skull that he was not going to win so why pay any more but he had to save face and could not just say enough people this is not going to accomplish any thing so he just cut there pay checks off and left them to fend for themselves.

Had it not been for the generosity of the Democrats they would have had to walk home.

When will the government step in and destroy the red shirt rallies like they did to their opponents? One protestor one policeman wire blocking protestors from getting into the site. etc.

Actually when will they act like a government of the people for the people?

• Like 1

Again, I'll repeat, the burden of proof is not on me. I'm not the one purporting that Thaksin told the red shirts to block the Constitution Court Office as stated by Khunken. I'm just getting a bit bored reading endless accusations on here with no substance to back up those claims.

Stop reading your own posts then.

You know as well as we all know that when you said elected you were referring to an election by the people not committees or Parliament.

In your defense it is a fact that there are some judges in some of the states who are elected but most are appointed.

UPDATE

The Nation

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-04-24

Are you starting to see the light now Muttley.

This just in..... "Thaksin made a statement today, imploring his supporters to abide by the law, and not intimidate justices or impede their duties."

ha ha ha chortle, ha ha, just kidding, ha ha chortle, sniff, ha. . . . giggle.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.gifsick.gifw00t.gif

Jeez you had me going there for a minute.

Now if you had inserted abide by his law rather than the law I would have bought it hook line and sinker.