Passport/visa Question

Hello

My passport is getting worryingly full (annoyingly still has 8 years validity left!) - as a UK citizen I have read that I will need to send the application and copies to HK to get a renewal.

I have a few half pages and a full blank page left and my current visa needs extending at immigration in 2-3 weeks. I would prefer to wait until after I have visited immigration and got a new visa (mid-june) before applying for a new passport... But is this worth risking? (as if immigration stamp my only blank page left surely I won't be able to get a new visa in June)... If not worth risking I guess I should apply pretty sharpish- but in doing so would this affect anything regarding the immigration stamp I will get (as it won't be in the copies sent to HK)

Hope what I am trying to ask makes sense!

Thank you

You should get a new passport as extension sill take a fairly large area so could be stamped on the blank page. You should have plenty of time to obtain prior to needing to make the visa run.

Indeed Lop

I just applied for extension of visas for my family.......the children had new passport issued before renewed and did NOT left the country with old passport and new passport.

My wife however (Lao) had a new passport as well and did left on her new passport several times on her Multiple Re-entry (old passport stamp)

NK Immgration had their hands full and resulted in a grumpy officer and 2 hands to clarify-transfer- and renew our extensions of stay and new multiple entry visas.

Remark.

NK uses the day FX rate euro-bath

NK asked to transfer extension of stay visa to new passport before leaving the country(in case of new passport issued)on a re-entry visa

NK is 'carefull' with income statements and check bank accounts accordenly

That is in OUR case of course.