Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

On 28/02/2017 at 7:09 PM, BangrakBob said:

I repeat 

Klopp believed he had a squad that was good enough to compete. He probably realises now that he doesn't.

Depth is a factor if the players aren't good enough.

We spent -9M in the summer, that's the biggest concern for me and that is down to the owners. 

If you are questioning Klopp as the manager now you're supporting the wrong team. 

At this point last season vs this season:

• Won 4 more games
  • Lost 2 less
  • Second place is only currently 4 points away from us
  • Maximum outside of top 4 after round 26 is 4 points

Terrible football yesterday but if you can't see that team of 11 players were shiiite and Klopp's options are so criminally limited then that's your issue.

People need to get a grip, there is no chance Klopp is getting sacked if we don't make top 4.

This summer will be the reckoning of Klopp and the owners.

Bob your way out with your repeated opinion if Klopp thought he had enough of a squad that it is his fault and not the owners...i am sure he was given funds to buy but thought better of it and he was wrong also not one of your lot complained when you was flying earlier in the season and out running teams ....nobody blaimed the owners then did they!!

You said it yourself terrible football the football you play is down to the managers tactics and i feel Klopp is not sure tactically which way to go other than high pressure football,his whole demeanour has changed reently as he realizes that this position is becoming the impossible job every year that passes.

He very easily could get the sack or walk if the players carry on as they have just lately.

• Like 1

think kloppy is an 'idealist' which is ok and  workable when you have a league/ division that is hugely divided    , but , arguably the prem isnt. IMO when your 'ideal' is to chase ever ball down you need fitnes fitness fitness youth and the 'open ness' it brings helps , no good having succesful players in there that dont/cant  totally buy into it, which liverpool have. arguably his first step was getting rid of gerrard without either party losing face  now he has to be rid of the likes of stutteridge. thought he'd have the squad nearer his 'ideal' by now, how much longer he'll get ,, who knows.

15 hours ago, wilai said:

Stevie G took on 'Managerial' duties for the 1st time at under 18 level today.:smile:

The result?  Beat The Etihad's unstoppable team of mini-mega messis 2:0 :post-4641-1156694572::post-4641-1156694572:

Let's hope he does not come unstuck against the lesser teams and fair play to Bellew last night for putting that lad into retirement.

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Let's hope he does not come unstuck against the lesser teams and fair play to Bellew last night for putting that lad into retirement.

Re Liverpool U18's beating City (if you read the Mirror it was all due to StevieG's inspirational halftime talk), congrats.

City's U18s had not lost a league game for 28 months before Saturday's game, but will still finish top of the north section of the Under-18 Premier League with 55 points from 22 games, which has guaranteed that they will be in Group 1 of the national stage.:post-4641-1156694572:

• Like 1

The dropping of Lucas vs Arsenal was much needed and I think was instrumental in turning around recent poor performances.  Lucas is too slow, and had been caught out in recent losses (Hull and Leicester).   The media focussing on Sanchez issue at Arsenal, missed I feel the better decision made by Klopp.  

Just now, Somtamme said:

The dropping of Lucas vs Arsenal was much needed and I think was instrumental in turning around recent poor performances.  Lucas is too slow, and had been caught out in recent losses (Hull and Leicester).   The media focussing on Sanchez issue at Arsenal, missed I feel the better decision made by Klopp.  

The issue was more publicised as the Lucas change seemed logical and the Sanchez illogical.

It has now come to light that Sanchez and team mates had a massive bust up in training previous to the match.

I would have liked to have seen Gomez given a run instead of Lucas in those matches, not sure why he wasn't used. Has to be a case of not ready. 

Edited by BangrakBob

39 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

The issue was more publicised as the Lucas change seemed logical and the Sanchez illogical.

It has now come to light that Sanchez and team mates had a massive bust up in training previous to the match.

I would have liked to have seen Gomez given a run instead of Lucas in those matches, not sure why he wasn't used. Has to be a case of not ready. 

apparently they're just easing gomez back incredibly carefully. 

but yeah you're right bob, the lucas change was an absolute gimme and klopp got it totally wrong playing him against leicester.

sanchez is obviously out the door this summer. we should probably put a bid in really. forty million plus a quid seems about appropriate.

• Like 2

Just now, StevieH said:

apparently they're just easing gomez back incredibly carefully. 

but yeah you're right bob, the lucas change was an absolute gimme and klopp got it totally wrong playing him against leicester.

sanchez is obviously out the door this summer. we should probably put a bid in really. forty million plus a quid seems about appropriate.

Yeah how Klopp did not envisage Vardy running fast in to holes was puzzling.

I think the Sakho scenario really screwed us, given the fact Klopp had to do what he had to do we should have had a decent centre half brought in at any cost. It has cost us now and may still yet.

haha I wonder how much Sanchez would go for?

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah how Klopp did not envisage Vardy running fast in to holes was puzzling.

I think the Sakho scenario really screwed us, given the fact Klopp had to do what he had to do we should have had a decent centre half brought in at any cost. It has cost us now and may still yet.

haha I wonder how much Sanchez would go for?

last year of his contract and he doesn't look like signing a new one so they can't expect top whack. seen him linked to juventus for £25m in the press. which would be a bargain to be honest.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StevieH said:

last year of his contract and he doesn't look like signing a new one so they can't expect top whack. seen him linked to juventus for £25m in the press. which would be a bargain to be honest.

Absolute bargain, can't see Arsenal letting him go to a top EPL club, however it wouldn't be the first time they have done that. 

• Like 1

Very similar performance that to the Spurs game, just too much movement, pressure and quality on the ball for Arsenal.  In fact we have made the top 6 teams look average at best.

Adam Lallana has been a revelation under Klopp, I remember this lad not lasting more 70 mins in games !!! Bobby really finding form again with his mate Cout. 

Mane is an absolute steal at 30+ million, this guy has an unbelievable turn of pace with close control and he can finish ! 

Emre Can has been under a bit of stick and rightly so of late, but he played the role well as Deep midfield and moved the ball well, gave that physicality and did the dirty work, dark arts -  really missed that of late in our midfield.

Gini, such a tidy gifted player, its boss how he's getting into the box with late runs and getting on the score sheet. 

Yeah agreed with comments about Klavan vs Lucas used as CB, Klavan is not ideal but has played as a CB his entire career and was solid in the German league. 

Jesus these lads can really play when they want... Unfortunately we play the might Burnley next ! No doubt we will make it hard on ourselves - so Its anyones guess which of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde will turn up in Red ???

Edited by Devil
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Devil said:

Very similar performance that to the Spurs game, just too much movement, pressure and quality on the ball for Arsenal.  In fact we have made the top 6 teams look average at best.

Adam Lallana has been a revelation under Klopp, I remember this lad not lasting more 70 mins in games !!! Bobby really finding form again with his mate Cout. 

Mane is an absolute steal at 30+ million, this guy has an unbelievable turn of pace with close control and he can finish ! 

Emre Can has been under a bit of stick and rightly so of late, but he played the role well as Deep midfield and moved the ball well, gave that physicality and did the dirty work, dark arts -  really missed that of late in our midfield.

Gini, such a tidy gifted player, its boss how he's getting into the box with late runs and getting on the score sheet. 

Yeah agreed with comments about Klavan vs Lucas used as CB, Klavan is not ideal but has played as a CB his entire career and was solid in the German league. 

Jesus these lads can really play when they want... Unfortunately we play the might Burnley next ! No doubt we will make it hard on ourselves - so Its anyones guess which of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde will turn up in Red ???

"If" you are playing Burnley at Turf Moor i reckon thats one of the hardest fixtures of the season.

And yes Mane was a steal.  Poch got our set up all wrong and i winced when i saw Davies in his line of fire.  It was an embarrassing mismatch.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

"If" you are playing Burnley at Turf Moor i reckon thats one of the hardest fixtures of the season.

And yes Mane was a steal.  Poch got our set up all wrong and i winced when i saw Davies in his line of fire.  It was an embarrassing mismatch.

They already did us at Turf Moor 

• Like 1

Painful to watch that 1st half and not much better in the 2nd but showed a bit more game control. Its a funny thing to see what can happen when players decided to match the physicality of Burnley, oh and actually get bodies in the box - timely goal that was !

Glad thats out the way... easy game away to City next !

yeah, as klopp said post-match it is nice to win ugly for a change. wasn't a lot by way of positives to take away from that though. four teenagers on the bench and woodburn coming on for coutinho kind of sums up where we're at.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StevieH said:

yeah, as klopp said post-match it is nice to win ugly for a change. wasn't a lot by way of positives to take away from that though. four teenagers on the bench and woodburn coming on for coutinho kind of sums up where we're at.

Mad that bench, at least we have the likes of Lucas and Moreno to change games when need (haha). We need Hendo, Lovren, Sturridge back pronto. Trouble is Lovren always look shaky when he comes back in and needs games, and Sturridge I guess we can just count him done for the season, as he's just as likely to be injured sitting on the bench. 

1 minute ago, Devil said:

Mad that bench, at least we have the likes of Lucas and Moreno to change games when need (haha). We need Hendo, Lovren, Sturridge back pronto. Trouble is Lovren always look shaky when he comes back in and needs games, and Sturridge I guess we can just count him done for the season, as he's just as likely to be injured sitting on the bench. 

it's overhaul time really. the three you mention there who we miss are all injury-prone. lovren seems to be one of them who gets a tiny knock in training but it somehow keeps him out for five matches. you can't rely on lads like that and we really need to build a centre back partnership of two reliable units, matip plus one. and lovren's injury record is making him not that one. so we need to sign a first choice CB in the summer. pay what it takes for van dijk or michael keane.

think sturridge isn't just done for the season, he's done at liverpool. be amazed if he's still here after the summer. poor lad can't run any more so sadly he's no use to us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StevieH said:

Says a lot when Woodburn comes on and does a better job than Coutinho. Although that was the worst I've seen Coutinho play, Woodburn looked brilliant and makes me wonder does Klopp over do it with the making sure a player is absolutely, positively ready. 

Surely there have been matches this calendar year where Woodburn could of had more game time in the league and made a positive impact.

• Like 1