Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Well, it looks like nobody bottled it today

Watford bottled it big time. Very disappointed about that but it was a long shot. Not concerned in the slightest who we face in the CL playoffs. If your in it to win it you gotta play the best teams anyway and with our pedigree in that competition we can never be overlooked and will always be feared.

11 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Watford bottled it big time. Very disappointed about that but it was a long shot. Not concerned in the slightest who we face in the CL playoffs. If your in it to win it you gotta play the best teams anyway and with our pedigree in that competition we can never be overlooked and will always be feared.

Watford didn't bottle it. They just got outplayed by a team that clicked on the day

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Watford didn't bottle it. They just got outplayed by a team that clicked on the day

To be fair I was just going off comments and match reports whilst I was watching the LFC game. I expected a bit more from watford I thought they would at least compete.

Just now, Rc2702 said:

To be fair I was just going off comments and match reports whilst I was watching the LFC game. I expected a bit more from watford I thought they would at least compete.

why? city are miles better than them. 

Just now, StevieH said:

why? city are miles better than them. 

And Chelsea are miles better but they still competed in there last match and made it interesting. At home I just expected more from them too.

9 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

And Chelsea are miles better but they still competed in there last match and made it interesting. At home I just expected more from them too.

They did try but today we really clicked and made our possession count (for a change). We were pretty impressive and quite slick if I may say so myself.

28 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

They did try but today we really clicked and made our possession count (for a change). We were pretty impressive and quite slick if I may say so myself.

Fair enough.Well looks like that lad nacho is really off with a farewell appearance on the hour mark along with navas. Be good to take him in I reckon.

18 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Thanks to Dortmund winning & Zenit losing on the final day of their respective comps we got seeded for CL qualifiers. 

that's a nice little bonus. wouldn't have fancied having to play sevilla or napoli at all.

38 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah jesus some of that Brugge or Young Boys will do nicely :thumbsup:

Do Young Boys still play on an astro turf surface?  If so, thats a tricky one and one to be avoided.

31 minutes ago, carmine said:

Do Young Boys still play on an astro turf surface?  If so, thats a tricky one and one to be avoided.

I didn't know that, it is an artificial pitch. aaaah that's right Spurs got beat by them a few years back in a play off yeah?

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I didn't know that, it is an artificial pitch. aaaah that's right Spurs got beat by them a few years back in a play off yeah?

Yes we lost the away leg but turned it around but it gave us a right scare.  It really gives them an edge and shouldn't imo be allowed.

Just now, carmine said:

Yes we lost the away leg but turned it around but it gave us a right scare.  It really gives them an edge and shouldn't imo be allowed.

Are all pitches like that in Swiss top league?

49 minutes ago, carmine said:

oh really? bit of a bloody home advantage that isn't it? 

• Like 1

The Lovren/Bamford clash..... Initially I crapped it as I thought a pen/RC had to be given. Even after the replays I thought we/d had a bit of good fortune thinking ref hadn't seen it. However, ref said he did see the incident and didn't award it because Bamford deliberately 'put the brakes on' and caused the collision. What do you reckon? 

30 minutes ago, wilai said:

The Lovren/Bamford clash..... Initially I crapped it as I thought a pen/RC had to be given. Even after the replays I thought we/d had a bit of good fortune thinking ref hadn't seen it. However, ref said he did see the incident and didn't award it because Bamford deliberately 'put the brakes on' and caused the collision. What do you reckon? 

Watching it live I started cursing Lovren instantly. Watching the reply I wondered how the referee didn't give it. 

The ref is right though, he put the brakes on and played for the pen. I just don't know how the ref could see that at full pace. 

I don't know why Bamford didn't just play the ball and take a shot. 

Edited by BangrakBob

28 minutes ago, wilai said:

Commentators for the TV feed I had thought Bamford was reaching back with his arms and looking to go down. Not a lot of contact, but some.

3 hours ago, wilai said:

Btw, Bamford has admitted he 'slowed down' but that he can't shoot when running at full pace! How much is he on a week!!!:passifier:

Not enough to learn how to walk and chew gum at the same time.:tongue:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, wilai said:

think i'd have been livid if it had happened to us at the other end and wasn't given.

only small point in our favour was that it probably occurred outside the area. so perhaps only a free-kick but still a red card for lovren. we got away with that one.