Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

20 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

The most protracted signing in history, but worth the wait. 

yeah, how come other clubs can 'swoop' and we have to piss about so much underbidding stupidly all the time? we very rarely seem to just go and get players in without any fuss, always seems to be a saga.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, StevieH said:

yeah, how come other clubs can 'swoop' and we have to piss about so much underbidding stupidly all the time? we very rarely seem to just go and get players in without any fuss, always seems to be a saga.

We may have over paid 25% on salah though to be fair. Not saying he aint gonna reap rewards I think he will but it was not like a fight for his signature.

Edited by Rc2702

I really have no idea why we are so impatient. Believe me I wanted this to go through ASAP, but I realise there are 2 sides, and one of them needs to replace a player. A bit of patience really is OK to have.

Now... a left back and a centre back please. I see a lot of talk about the VVD deal not being dead yet, but I hope the club have another option ready to buy instead. Tall, aggressive, good organiser, injury free, and able to contribute a few goals. Should be easy really lol.

I have no idea who would be a good left back. Any ideas?

So.... Arsenal are "apparently" ready to sell the OX to us. I don't want him. I liked him when he appeared on the scene and I thought he was actually better then. Not sure why we would want him apart from as cover for a few players (which is good), but I would prefer us to buy upgrade and have those players on the bench. The money they are talking for him is too high for cover. But I suppose the beauty is that he could actually cover about 4 positions and would be a kind of 3in1 option.

3 hours ago, nellyp said:

I really have no idea why we are so impatient. Believe me I wanted this to go through ASAP, but I realise there are 2 sides, and one of them needs to replace a player. A bit of patience really is OK to have.

Now... a left back and a centre back please. I see a lot of talk about the VVD deal not being dead yet, but I hope the club have another option ready to buy instead. Tall, aggressive, good organiser, injury free, and able to contribute a few goals. Should be easy really lol.

I have no idea who would be a good left back. Any ideas?

I think the anxiety was brought about because of the VVD situation and the fact we have a history of procrastination and losing targets. We knew about Salah for weeks and wanted to see a sign of intent from FSG. Anyway pleased a deal was reached, seems like a nice lad too.

i can't see us not getting a shot a VVD, he wants to play for us. Like you say, not too many others about. 

I still dont think a left back is going to be a major signing. That young Celtic lad been rumoured of late. 

3 hours ago, nellyp said:

So.... Arsenal are "apparently" ready to sell the OX to us. I don't want him. I liked him when he appeared on the scene and I thought he was actually better then. Not sure why we would want him apart from as cover for a few players (which is good), but I would prefer us to buy upgrade and have those players on the bench. The money they are talking for him is too high for cover. But I suppose the beauty is that he could actually cover about 4 positions and would be a kind of 3in1 option.

I think he would be a "get him if we can get him" once the priority signings are done. Like you I'm not the excited by the prospect. 

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I don't see how the LFC link can help? 

I was more thinking about his plans for the team and being able to spend money on players he wants to buy and where he sees his priorities. Also, having a manager in place now may make them start the ball rolling with regards to transfers

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I googled VVD.

Yes I hope you waste 60m quid on the lad.

Ahh... great that you can "Google". Perhaps having an opinion because you have seen the player instead of a computer screen would make your comment a bit more dependable :post-4641-1156693976:

1 hour ago, nellyp said:

I was more thinking about his plans for the team and being able to spend money on players he wants to buy and where he sees his priorities. Also, having a manager in place now may make them start the ball rolling with regards to transfers

Yeah true, good point actually.

The other issue being the club is the midst of being sold to new owners.

2 hours ago, nellyp said:

Ahh... great that you can "Google". Perhaps having an opinion because you have seen the player instead of a computer screen would make your comment a bit more dependable :post-4641-1156693976:

Comment was related to the use of abbreviations not whether I bother to watch much Premiership football and it would be a tad strange for me to be posting here if I didn't. :post-4641-1156694572:

9 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Comment was related to the use of abbreviations not whether I bother to watch much Premiership football and it would be a tad strange for me to be posting here if I didn't. :post-4641-1156694572:

Then you have my sincere apologies as I obviously got the wrong end of the stick:sorry:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Joe Gomez going on loan to Brighton. Really hope he finds that pre-injury form

talk today that newcastle want sheyi ojo on loan. could be quite good for him to get top flight game time that.

5 hours ago, StevieH said:

talk today that newcastle want sheyi ojo on loan. could be quite good for him to get top flight game time that.

Looks like it's been rejected. Not sure what that means for Ojo.

Talk about kick you when your down, Caulker talking about his addiction's while playing for Liverpool :

In Liverpool I was waking up in the middle of the night throwing up, people were blackmailing me, club owners and bouncers: ‘Pay money or we’ll sell this story on you.’ And I had no idea what I’d even done on those blackouts. I eventually told the club I couldn’t function and needed to go back into rehab.”