Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

and sidenote... Barry is boring which means he's right for Liverpool. i'm not counting on Tevez, we don't have those ambitions. and while i'm being bitter and miserable, forget Silva or as i like to call him "spanish robbie keane".

can we just let Babel go on his way? i think he is no more than 1 year away from deserving a starting 11 position with some team. Kuyt-Torres-Tevez front line would bump LFC up to the title and most likely, the CL. no reason to swap Barry for Alonso, no reason whatsoever.

not sure where Reira fits in, but maybe he can play in Dossena's role and we can let Dossena go :)

byebye babel you underachieving dense idle get.

Ryan Babel told he can leave Anfield

May 27 2009 by Ian Doyle, Liverpool Daily Post

RYAN BABEL could become the first high-profile casualty of Rafael Benitez’s summer shake-up after being told he can leave Liverpool.

Babel’s agent Winnie Haatrecht met with the Anfield manager to discuss the player having a more prominent first-team role next season.

Benitez, though, was unable to offer such guarantees and has informed the Holland international he may now speak to other clubs during the transfer window.

That is likely to spark a chase for Babel, who became the third-most expensive player in Liverpool’s history when arriving for £11.5million from Ajax in July 2007.

Liverpool will want to recoup of much as that fee as possible, with Babel likely to command a price tag of around £8m.

Ajax, who yesterday appointed Martin Jol as new coach to succeed Marco van Basten, are thought eager to re-sign Babel but could be put off by the asking price and the player’s wages.

Babel is also certain to attract interest from Italy and Spain, with Benitez open to the possibility of using the 22-year-old as a makeweight to facilitate a possible big-money transfer.

Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa and Arsenal have all been linked with a summer move for Babel and could make any interest formal.

Babel has scored 14 goals in 91 appearances for Liverpool. However, only 42 have been in a starting role – a mere six coming this calendar year – with the Dutchman having completed the full 90 minutes on just 15 occasions.

With Benitez needing to generate funds to supplement his existing transfer budget, the Spaniard is keen to swiftly move on those players who no longer form part of his plans.

“We have some targets but right now it is too soon because some clubs do not know what the future holds for them but we will wait and see,” said the Liverpool manager.

“But our idea is to have players signed before pre-season begins because this would be perfect.

“It means you can start working with them and training with them with the ideas that you want to get across to them so that they can start putting them into practice on the pitch.”

Benitez also wants to solve the work permit problem for Argentine winger Sebastian Leto, who has spent the last season on loan to Greek club Olympiacos.

“We will try to work something out, I do not want him to go,” said the Liverpool manager.

The reasons for refusing the permit were his lack of international and club experience.

Benitez was critical of that decision, but is likely to sell Leto if the permit is refused once again

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverp...92534-23720819/

byebye babel you underachieving dense idle get.

Ryan Babel told he can leave Anfield

May 27 2009 by Ian Doyle, Liverpool Daily Post

RYAN BABEL could become the first high-profile casualty of Rafael Benitez's summer shake-up after being told he can leave Liverpool.

Babel's agent Winnie Haatrecht met with the Anfield manager to discuss the player having a more prominent first-team role next season.

Benitez, though, was unable to offer such guarantees and has informed the Holland international he may now speak to other clubs during the transfer window.

That is likely to spark a chase for Babel, who became the third-most expensive player in Liverpool's history when arriving for £11.5million from Ajax in July 2007.

Liverpool will want to recoup of much as that fee as possible, with Babel likely to command a price tag of around £8m.

Ajax, who yesterday appointed Martin Jol as new coach to succeed Marco van Basten, are thought eager to re-sign Babel but could be put off by the asking price and the player's wages.

Babel is also certain to attract interest from Italy and Spain, with Benitez open to the possibility of using the 22-year-old as a makeweight to facilitate a possible big-money transfer.

Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa and Arsenal have all been linked with a summer move for Babel and could make any interest formal.

Babel has scored 14 goals in 91 appearances for Liverpool. However, only 42 have been in a starting role – a mere six coming this calendar year – with the Dutchman having completed the full 90 minutes on just 15 occasions.

With Benitez needing to generate funds to supplement his existing transfer budget, the Spaniard is keen to swiftly move on those players who no longer form part of his plans.

"We have some targets but right now it is too soon because some clubs do not know what the future holds for them but we will wait and see," said the Liverpool manager.

"But our idea is to have players signed before pre-season begins because this would be perfect.

"It means you can start working with them and training with them with the ideas that you want to get across to them so that they can start putting them into practice on the pitch."

Benitez also wants to solve the work permit problem for Argentine winger Sebastian Leto, who has spent the last season on loan to Greek club Olympiacos.

"We will try to work something out, I do not want him to go," said the Liverpool manager.

The reasons for refusing the permit were his lack of international and club experience.

Benitez was critical of that decision, but is likely to sell Leto if the permit is refused once again

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverp...92534-23720819/

Thanks.

Babel for Barry, could be good for both parties.

I forgot how expensive Babel was, and now that I've seen that, then yes, he has been an extreme underachiever this season. I thought his first season was far better than this one, so no idea what happened. I read on that BS football rumours site where anyone can post any nonsense and claim it came from a reliable source while they could just be talking out their ass (that's what makes it interesting) that he has off field issues, no idea what that means.

I forgot how expensive Babel was, and now that I've seen that, then yes, he has been an extreme underachiever this season. I thought his first season was far better than this one, so no idea what happened. I read on that BS football rumours site where anyone can post any nonsense and claim it came from a reliable source while they could just be talking out their ass (that's what makes it interesting) that he has off field issues, no idea what that means.

Don't take any notice of those Sites at all Jim, if those people were in the know, they'd be getting $$ off of the Tabloids i would have thouhgt...

Anyway.......... :)

You are invited to Liverpool Football Clubs end of season party:

Dress code is strictly 70's and 80's style only.

Free bar terms and conditions apply- only drinks available are Bitter, No doubles or trebles are allowed.

Drinks will be servrd in small glasses as no cups are currently available.

Rafa Benitez will provide entertainment, doing his party trick of making £ 200 million disappear into thin air with nothing to show for it.

Closing Song will be sung by the club captain- his chosen song Freddie Mercury's Barcelona.

Liverpools last hope for a bit of joy!!!.

Babel staying at Anfield this summer, says agent

May 28, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Ryan Babel will not leave Liverpool this summer, according to his agent.

The Dutch winger found first-team chances limited throughout the season and has been tipped to leave Anfield.

But his representative, Winnie Haatrecht, insists that is not the case and he hopes to hold talks soon with Reds manager Rafael Benitez.

''He is not done here yet,'' Haatrecht told AD Sportwereld. ''I will sit down soon with Mr Benitez to evaluate the season. We haven't found time to do that yet.

''Ryan went from Ajax to Liverpool to win trophies. So far that hasn't happened. Ryan wants to leave Liverpool as a regular starter with a trophy in his pocket.''

The 22-year-old made six starts all season and was a substitute 21 times.

Babel staying at Anfield this summer, says agent

May 28, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Ryan Babel will not leave Liverpool this summer, according to his agent.

The Dutch winger found first-team chances limited throughout the season and has been tipped to leave Anfield.

But his representative, Winnie Haatrecht, insists that is not the case and he hopes to hold talks soon with Reds manager Rafael Benitez.

''He is not done here yet,'' Haatrecht told AD Sportwereld. ''I will sit down soon with Mr Benitez to evaluate the season. We haven't found time to do that yet.

''Ryan went from Ajax to Liverpool to win trophies. So far that hasn't happened. Ryan wants to leave Liverpool as a regular starter with a trophy in his pocket.''

The 22-year-old made six starts all season and was a substitute 21 times.

Na cash him in, hasn't delivered. Was only a while ago he was complaining and wanted to be loaned out.

Unlike Yossi who showed guts and attitude and most of all stepped up this year.

TORRES AGREES NEW IMPROVED DEAL

Fernando Torres has agreed a new, improved contract with Liverpool, reflecting his standing as one of the world's top strikers.

The 25-year old, who hit his 50th goal for the Reds in last Sunday's win against Spurs, was already tied to Anfield for the next four seasons after signing a six-year deal in 2007.

The new contract includes an option for a further year's extension to 2014.

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez said: "Fernando is one of the best strikers in the game today and, at his age, can only get better.

"Every major side would want him in their team, but he has shown how much he wants to achieve success at Liverpool by committing his future to the club. He's a special talent, but still has the hunger to improve his game."

Torres joins Dirk Kuyt, Daniel Agger, Steven Gerrard and Benitez in agreeing new deals at Anfield over the past two months.

Benitez added: "We've made huge progress this season and now we need to take the next step. We are building something special here and securing such important players on long-term deals means we can move forward with confidence.

"This sends out a very positive message to everyone connected with the club."

So it is a one year extension on the deal he already had? Does the extra 40k a week start now or only for 2014?

starts now. when they say 'new contract' what they mean is 'pay rise for doing well'.

Watched the season review show with Rafa Benitez. He actually said Babel did not do too well this season, but he wants him for next season because he thinks he can rebound. Whatever. He also said there's no way he wants Alonso to leave, and that the club don't need to sell him to get more money. Perhaps he knows something? Hmmmm.....

Looks like the website is counting down the top 5 players of the season as voted by fans on the site. A purely sentimental pick, Sami comes in at number 5. Can only guess that his emotional departure so recent in the memory brought that one about. He did play well in the matches he played, though, particularly at Old Trafford.

My top 5 of the season (with one place shared)

5. Carragher/Torres

4. Yossi

3. Kuyt

2. Alonso

1. Gerrard

And yours, fellow LFC fans?

Watched the season review show with Rafa Benitez. He actually said Babel did not do too well this season, but he wants him for next season because he thinks he can rebound. Whatever. He also said there's no way he wants Alonso to leave, and that the club don't need to sell him to get more money. Perhaps he knows something? Hmmmm.....

Looks like the website is counting down the top 5 players of the season as voted by fans on the site. A purely sentimental pick, Sami comes in at number 5. Can only guess that his emotional departure so recent in the memory brought that one about. He did play well in the matches he played, though, particularly at Old Trafford.

5. Carragher/Torres

4. Yossi

3. Kuyt

2. Alonso

1. Gerrard

Have to sneak Pepe Reina in some where :)

Edited by Devil

5. Carragher/Torres

4. Yossi

3. Kuyt

2. Alonso

1. Gerrard

5. arbeloa

4. benayoun

3. kuyt

2. alonso

1. gerrard

gerrard edges it from xabi as xabi has been outstanding. gerrard's so good though that sometimes his performance levels just get taken for granted, he's been absolutely brilliant to watch this season.

Barry to City. Surprised? I thought he wanted Champions League football. Guess he reckons City will be in the top 4 this season. Well, round 1 to Man City for potential Liverpool targets. Will they get Tevez as well? I thought Barry would be great cover for midfield but oh well. As for Tevez, I don't care if he comes to Liverpool or not, plenty of other hot strikers out there we could get. Well, it'd be nice to have a buyout like some other clubs. C'mon, Portsmouth?

Yes, the Barry move was a surprise especially, as you point out, all that talk last year of CL football. I don't see City achieving that status for a few seasons yet.

I wonder if money was behind it after all. :):D

As it is, I'm actually pleased as it would be suicidal for us to now release Alonso who I consider is leagues ahead of Barry.

Not too happy with these stories the last few days in the Guardian: Tom Hicks and George Gillett may have to sell US franchises to retain Liverpool and Liverpool Suffers Massive Losses

These wanke_rs need to forget about selling their American teams and sell Liverpool. They are doing an absolutely horrible job and instead of trying to profit off of Liverpool FC need to sell so they break even and just let the club get out of this mess and get solid investors. Liverpool are one of the top 5 clubs in the world and we know that even in these times of crisis there are investors, probably from the Middle East, capable of buying the club and injecting much needed cash (not loans upon loans) to build a new stadium and buy a couple more to players to help the squad compete. C'mon, get it done!

Where's Alonso, mate? He won the Chelsea game and kept everything together when Gerrard and Torres weren't there.

I wouldn't call you crazy, as Kuyt did play every single game this season (in the league).

Not too happy with these stories the last few days in the Guardian: Tom Hicks and George Gillett may have to sell US franchises to retain Liverpool and Liverpool Suffers Massive Losses

These wanke_rs need to forget about selling their American teams and sell Liverpool. They are doing an absolutely horrible job and instead of trying to profit off of Liverpool FC need to sell so they break even and just let the club get out of this mess and get solid investors. Liverpool are one of the top 5 clubs in the world and we know that even in these times of crisis there are investors, probably from the Middle East, capable of buying the club and injecting much needed cash (not loans upon loans) to build a new stadium and buy a couple more to players to help the squad compete. C'mon, get it done!

there isn't really anything surprising in the announcement though is there jim? we knew it was coming and we knew it was going to be bad. i'm not sure that there is a buyer out there who would pay cash for the club in the current climate. it's a fuc_king gloomy state of affairs right enough though.

Wouldnt you Liverpool fans prefer to be sold to someone preferably local who will run Liverpool as a normal business, and not use the revenue to finance the new owner debts which he used to buy the club, but more importantly not have to rely on some rich Arabs money so you can spend silly amounts of money on players.

At least this way you'll keep a bit of integrity in your club and not end up as a joke club like Mancity and Chelsea.

Or is winning the only thing that matters, thus Arab money and players you cant afford is what you want?

well yeah, in a perfect world we'd be owned by celebrity fans sue johnston and samuel l jackson, but that just isn't going to happen. there isn't a scouser who is wealthy enough to take the club on now, and david moores for all his protestations of loving the club made a right fuc_king dog's dinner of running it.

i remain hopeful that rogan taylor's shareliverpoolfc project can secure a partner wealthy enough to buy it off the two frauds in charge now and run the club with some level of fan representation at board level.

i remain hopeful that rogan taylor's shareliverpoolfc project can secure a partner wealthy enough to buy it off the two frauds in charge now and run the club with some level of fan representation at board level.

Isnt that the idea where 100,000 fans need to put in 5000GBP to raise 500million or is my maths wrong.

The way i see it is that when Liverpool get bought out, the same thing will have to happen to Arsenal then itll be a battle of the billionaires egos and how well their oil or metals business does in any given year to who wins the league.

Me personally i'd sooner stay in the Championship then have to rely on Oil money to survive or get promoted.

Edited by sanmiguellight

it was initially yeah but they've changed the model slightly now to allow bigger investments from individuals.

but broadly i agree, liverpool lost something when it sold out to the two fraudulent yanks and being sold on to an arab or indian consortium won't get that back.

it was initially yeah but they've changed the model slightly now to allow bigger investments from individuals.

but broadly i agree, liverpool lost something when it sold out to the two fraudulent yanks and being sold on to an arab or indian consortium won't get that back.

I can see your point, but the Septics are there to take from the club as opposed to put millions into the coffers.

But at least all players bought in the last few years have been brought in with money the clubs generated from its supporters hence you've still got that bit of dignity left, and havent sold out to a sugar daddy which is akin and embarrassing as a educated slim slender 20yo Thai girl moving in with a rich fat 57yo German.