Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

it depends at this point. RBS is making so much money off us in interest payments at this point that they may yet not call in the £100m loan due this summer. it may be less of a case of us 'having' to sell gerrard and torres than them not really fancying mid-table scrapping next season, no major signings in and playing in the uefa cup. in gerrard's shoes i'd fancy a couple of seasons under mourinho at madrid myself. so it's probably more a case of whether or not gerrard, torres and mascherano demand moves.

Yes thats the way i see it too,interesting that all the strikers from the premier league Rooney,Torres,RVP,Drogba,Robinho,and others have not set the World cup alight,all carrying knocks overplayed, nearly said overpayed :rolleyes: only exception being Tevez that i can think of.

I agree that Gerrard will go to Madrid,just waiting for Mourinho to raid Chelsea too ;)

Have you heard anything about Stevie G's sexpliots?

I have, apparently he got his wifes sister pregnant and when Terry found out he wanted it to be known publicly and Gerrard to be stripped of the captaincy thus the deep rifts in the camp.

I have, apparently he got his wifes sister pregnant and when Terry found out he wanted it to be known publicly and Gerrard to be stripped of the captaincy thus the deep rifts in the camp.

did john terry - or indeed the malicious arsehol_e who started yet another unfounded rumour about steven gerrard - bother to check whether or not steven gerrard's wife actually HAS a sister? no, thought not.

what a shitty, horrible age we live in.

Whats your source for this Alfie ??

As regards Roy Hodgsons appointment.....he comes across as a decent man with a shrewd footballing brain but I feel he is only a stop gap appointment to try and stabilise the club,which wont be easy.

I think he should have stayed at Fulham where he did a great job and is appreciated.....it was his little niche in football.

But Liverpool will never recover until they get rid of those three scumbags....Hicks,Gillett and Purslow....in my opinion.

Same could well be said about Manchester United within the next year or so if they dont get rid of the Glazers.

So it wasn't her sister then?

Are you saying this is all bullshit Stevie,or is there something in it?

she doesn't HAVE a fuc_king sister for christ's sake. there is no source. there is no story. it's <deleted>, again. it's the usual liverpool city gossip that has always existed but today is able to make its way around the world thanks to the internet. it's utter horseshit invented by a twisted little cyberstalker same as the gerrard / 15 year old girl was.

people want to believe scandal so they leap on it.

So it wasn't her sister then?

Are you saying this is all bullshit Stevie,or is there something in it?

she doesn't HAVE a fuc_king sister for christ's sake. there is no source. there is no story. it's <deleted>, again. it's the usual liverpool city gossip that has always existed but today is able to make its way around the world thanks to the internet. it's utter horseshit invented by a twisted little cyberstalker same as the gerrard / 15 year old girl was.

people want to believe scandal so they leap on it.

My source is a silly sod, he got it all wrong and Stevie was right, Gerrards missus doesn't have a sister but she has a brother :rolleyes: .

and whats this we hear about stevies wife having an affair with a Derby player (not the mascot )

It'll make a good story for OK magazine, but even if it were true who other then Gerrard really gives a <deleted>.

I can't understand the huge interest here. It's almost certainly a load of <deleted> anyway, concocted by a malcious <deleted> with nought better to do. The abhorrant aspect of this is that stuff like this could end up undermining a perfectly happy relationship.

Fernando Torres set for Liverpool exit as agent admits Premier League big boys are interested

By Simon Cass

Last updated at 12:55 AM on 5th July 2010

Fernando Torres appeared on the verge of leaving Liverpool on Sunday night after his agent indicated the striker is bound for another Premier League club.

Chelsea are at the front of the queue to sign the Spaniard and Manchester City also showed interest before moving on to other targets when they got little encouragement from the 26-year-old.

Agent Jose Antonio Martin said: ‘It is very likely that Fernando Torres will stay in the Premier League, but I cannot say that it will be with Liverpool. We are working on his future but right now you cannot guarantee that he will stay with the English club.’

Tough task: Roy Hodgson could face a player exodus at Anfield

Barcelona have been linked with a move for Torres, but Martin made it clear they will not challenge Chelsea for Torres’ signature.

‘It is ruled out,’ said Martin. ‘Barcelona have signed David Villa and now they want to invest the money they have in other players.’

Sportsmail revealed in May that Torres was a £70million target for Chelsea and, despite Roy Hodgson insisting he would do all he could to keep the Spaniard and Steven Gerrard, the new Liverpool manager could offer no guarantees.

Having already sold Yossi Benayoun to Chelsea, Hodgson would prefer to raise funds for his squad rebuilding by selling the likes of Javier Mascherano and Albert Riera.

But Hodgson knows such is the state of Liverpool’s finances — their debt is £472.5m — a big offer from either Chelsea or City for Torres will be almost impossible to turn down.

Torres says talk about his future must wait until Spain’s World Cup campaign is over.

Why would City need him - how many strikers they have?

Chelsea as well - Anelka, Drogba etc?

Maybe Arry is lining up to send Keane back with Pav in a barter deal?

Fernando Torres set for Liverpool exit as agent admits Premier League big boys are interested

By Simon Cass

Last updated at 12:55 AM on 5th July 2010

Fernando Torres appeared on the verge of leaving Liverpool on Sunday night after his agent indicated the striker is bound for another Premier League club.

Chelsea are at the front of the queue to sign the Spaniard and Manchester City also showed interest before moving on to other targets when they got little encouragement from the 26-year-old.

Agent Jose Antonio Martin said: 'It is very likely that Fernando Torres will stay in the Premier League, but I cannot say that it will be with Liverpool. We are working on his future but right now you cannot guarantee that he will stay with the English club.'

Tough task: Roy Hodgson could face a player exodus at Anfield

Barcelona have been linked with a move for Torres, but Martin made it clear they will not challenge Chelsea for Torres' signature.

'It is ruled out,' said Martin. 'Barcelona have signed David Villa and now they want to invest the money they have in other players.'

Sportsmail revealed in May that Torres was a £70million target for Chelsea and, despite Roy Hodgson insisting he would do all he could to keep the Spaniard and Steven Gerrard, the new Liverpool manager could offer no guarantees.

Having already sold Yossi Benayoun to Chelsea, Hodgson would prefer to raise funds for his squad rebuilding by selling the likes of Javier Mascherano and Albert Riera.

But Hodgson knows such is the state of Liverpool's finances — their debt is £472.5m — a big offer from either Chelsea or City for Torres will be almost impossible to turn down.

Torres says talk about his future must wait until Spain's World Cup campaign is over.

The only problem with that last scenario is that within his contract Torres does'nt have to go anywhere. Either way he would'nt join Spurs.

World class that he is, he's also rather injury prone isn't he?

he's better than any of city's strikers so would improve them. not that he'd go there anyway as they're not in the champions league which is his main motivation for potentially leaving.

he's better than any of city's strikers so would improve them. not that he'd go there anyway as they're not in the champions league which is his main motivation for potentially leaving.

Ok, then that leaves Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and us. 

Spurs: haha I don't think so.

Arsenal: nice football but won't spend that kind of money

Us: nice football but dont have that kind of money

Chelsea: most likely. 

Ok, then that leaves Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and us.

Spurs: haha I don't think so.

Arsenal: nice football but won't spend that kind of money

Us: nice football but dont have that kind of money

Chelsea: most likely.

yeah that's about right. though there is still the potential for him to go to a club in europe whatever his agent says.

Appointment of Roy

Yossi sold

Next -

Jonhson

Masch

Torres

Gerrard

<deleted>

perhaps soon people will begin to realise quite what the american owners have done to this club dev. the english press is still linking liverpool with big signings and a transfer 'warchest' based on sales this summer. it's nonsense.

Appointment of Roy

Yossi sold

Next -

Jonhson

Masch

Torres

Gerrard

<deleted>

If you could get anywhere near 15 mill for Johnson it'd be a good bit of business as despite what you paid for him he's cr4p at defending.

If you get the alleged 25 mill for Gerrard thatll also be good business for a 30 year old who looks to have passed his peak, but i can accept he'd be impossible to replace but its got to happen one day.

Mascherano isnt all he's cracked up to be either from what ive seen ... 20 million again would be good business would it not?

And 50-60 mill for Torres surely for half of that you can buy a sure thing.

The only problem with selling them is that the money will more then likely go to the banksters.

Edited by hansum

you're right about it going to the bank hansum, but you're way wrong about mascherano. he's the best in the world in his position and it's no coincidence that the clubs who want him are barca and inter. he's superb.

you're right about it going to the bank hansum, but you're way wrong about mascherano. he's the best in the world in his position and it's no coincidence that the clubs who want him are barca and inter. he's superb.

Fairplay i dont watch Liverpool too closely just from bits ive seen ... but what about Gerrard would it be seen as good business to get 25 million for him ...imho even if Liverpool werent in financial shyt theyd seriously have to consider such a bid for a 30yo as ManU have done in the past .. its only City Chelsea and Real that'd pay such sums for people his age.

Edited by hansum