Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

As well Benetiz is responsible for the injuries to Gerrard and Torres, by playing them up front and behind by themselves, instead of 2 up front, thus putting too much pressure on them.

Then he sells Keane and we are left with El Zhar and Ngog.

We will finish in the top 4, I believe that.

But its time to move on.

what absolute nonsense. both gerrard and torres picked up their injuries this season on international duty for pointless friendlies. couple of things:

1. no top team in europe today plays '2 up front' in the traditional 4-4-2 sense. it's outmoded.

Top 4 ? Im scared.

2. robbie keane was crap and incapable of adapting his game to play with top players in a formation which required some imagination and intelligence.

3. three things actually, the front pair of torres and gerrard is arguably the best in the world and last season liverpool scored the most goals in the division, 9 more than then next nearest.

4. four as it goes, ngog is a good young player. benitez wanted to sign a senior deputy to torres in the summer but was not allowed to as the money he'd been told could go on more players went to pay off american debt.

i also think that we'll finish top 4 if we can keep everyone fit between now and may. but don't attack the manager with baseless nonsense eh?

We have just taken a drubbing from the bottom placed team that is not even allowed to buy any players, so please stop making excuses for all of the above, and start saying it like it is. Ngog is not a good player, he would not get a game for Bolton even. And he HAS ran the bo**ox out of the other two.

I have supported them since 1978 but I can see Torres being sold for 100m at the end of the season.

Edited by spongeman

I have supported them since 1978 but I can see Torres being sold for 100m at the end of the season.

Whilst Torres might well be worth that sort of sum, you might be lucky to get it. Clubs in crisis negotiate from a position of weakness, not strength. Also have to consider how injury prone he is. 50m might be more like it.

Of course the sad truth is that no sum of money is really worth it for what you lose from the squad.

I'm surprised Benitez still has a job. I'm not saying he should go but like I've said before, how long will the

board give him. At what point do they say enough is enough. Gerrard said the table doesn't lie. Very true.

I know we have the quality to push on but in reality we can easily slip further down the table.

I know for sure we will take all 3 points against Wolves but I think Villa comes after that, away.

As for yesterday, Even with Mascherano on the field it didn't look too great. So does this mean we're

finally gonna get to see Auquillani play a full game?

When are we gonna turn the corner?

You must be joking Torres is good but not that good, he is not in the same league as Ronaldo and he went for less, plus he is injury prone.

I wonder if Gerrard will go as this is the last season theyll be able to get a huge transfer fee for him as he is now reaching 30.

Not read all the posts as too boring but a few facts

1/ Torres playing like 500,000 pound player

2/ Stevie g injured or ready to be sold,playing at 25% for his standard,and not good enough for England on the last few showings

3/ all things go in a full circle,welcome Spurs and Man C good byeeeee Liverpool no more threat,no money no honey.

4/some billionaire can save you not a new manager.

5/Maybe less arrogance now as supporters

You must be joking Torres is good but not that good, he is not in the same league as Ronaldo and he went for less, plus he is injury prone.

I wonder if Gerrard will go as this is the last season theyll be able to get a huge transfer fee for him as he is now reaching 30.

Ronaldo is a cabbage

Our senior players have to start performing, Gerrard is key to this needed turn around.

At the moment there is no confidence throughout the squad.

Its going to be an intersting few weeks - Wolves, Villa and Reading...

Ronaldo is a cabbage

LOL

Well, not a cabbage, but not in a different league to Torres. If fitness could be guaranteed, i know which player i'd prefer to have in my team.

Surely that would be Ronaldo remember the guy who got his team to 2 CL finals won several league titles scored 30 odd goals as a winger on one season, the one who is almost unstoppable and whom Real Madrid spent 80 million quid on.

Gerrards better then Torres and far more important to the team, at the same age he kind of single handedly won Liverpool the Champions league as the most of that Liverpool team were average with a few exceptions.

I'm surprised Benitez still has a job. I'm not saying he should go but like I've said before, how long will the

board give him. At what point do they say enough is enough. Gerrard said the table doesn't lie. Very true.

I know we have the quality to push on but in reality we can easily slip further down the table.

I know for sure we will take all 3 points against Wolves but I think Villa comes after that, away.

As for yesterday, Even with Mascherano on the field it didn't look too great. So does this mean we're

finally gonna get to see Auquillani play a full game?

When are we gonna turn the corner?

When all else fails blame the manager eh?? we have to continue with Rafa,he did a good job last year,i know we are struggling at the moment,and it hurts all of us,but until we give red cards out to those yanks,who are holding us to ransome,they have short arms and very deep pockets. We will struggle.

I thought the first half we were going ok,stringing a few good passes to-gether. Kuyte should have scored ,then Maschas gets a red card?? not a good tackle but red??? no way.

Aquillani apparently received a knock and was not able to play.

Hang in there lads hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel?

Just hope the yank owners are inside as the train approaches.

Our senior players have to start performing, Gerrard is key to this needed turn around.

& if his body language over the past 6 months or so is anything to go by & if he is key, there won't be a turn around...

When all else fails blame the manager eh?? we have to continue with Rafa,he did a good job last year,i know we are struggling at the moment,and it hurts all of us,but until we give red cards out to those yanks,who are holding us to ransome,they have short arms and very deep pockets. We will struggle.

This is my point about Liverpool not being a definite top 4 team for many years now, as these Yanks arent going anywhere.

They know once teams can sell their Tv rights individually and football on the internet becomes the norm where a match between Man U and Liverpool could get several hundred million viewers theyll be a cash cow of extreme proportions, hence why theyre selling the US based sports clubs they own instead of Liverpiddle.

Plus youve a stadium to build so you can put an extra couple hundred million on top of that debt.

Your right about the confidence thing in the squad at the moment Devil.

I think a nice boost would be ( even though I hate mancs !! ) signing Van Nistelrooy in the window.

We need a bomb up our <deleted> and hopefully a signing like that could provide it .

This is my point about Liverpool not being a definite top 4 team for many years now, as these Yanks arent going anywhere.

They know once teams can sell their Tv rights individually and football on the internet becomes the norm where a match between Man U and Liverpool could get several hundred million viewers theyll be a cash cow of extreme proportions, hence why theyre selling the US based sports clubs they own instead of Liverpiddle.

We would never let that happen :)

I thought the 4 match ban handed to Macharano was a bit harsh but it's not worth Rafa appealing against it as Mascha is out for 2-3 weeks anyway with the knee injury he picked up in the game :

Javier Mascherano faces a four match suspension following his sending off at Portsmouth on Saturday afternoon.

spacer.gif Related Links spacer.gif

Mascherano was shown a straight red card by referee Lee Mason during the Reds' 2-0 defeat on the south coast and now faces his second spell on the sidelines this season.

The Argentine midfielder, who limped off the field with an injury, will sit out the Christmas fixtures with Wolves and Aston Villa as well as the FA Cup tie at Reading and the league clash with Tottenham.

i didn't think it warranted a straight red to be honest, but it was a rash challenge either way. was symptomatic of the stupid frustration and anger gripping every player on bloody saturday. i don't half wish we'd sold mascherano and kept alonso in the summer. not that xabi wanted to stay or owt. . .

i didn't think it warranted a straight red to be honest, but it was a rash challenge either way. was symptomatic of the stupid frustration and anger gripping every player on bloody saturday. i don't half wish we'd sold mascherano and kept alonso in the summer. not that xabi wanted to stay or owt. . .

Right about the frustration thing on Saturday Steve :) .

I think Mascha and Xabi are both world class players and could walk into virtually any team in the world plus the positions are very diffrent so choosing between them would be tough for me but we do miss the boy Alonso :D .

3 wins out of 3 over christmas period will do us the world of good...........

Then finishing in the top 4 ............

Then beating Everton in the Europa final.............

Then beating Man U in the F.A Cup Final............

Rafa keeps his job and scousemouse keeps his optimistic ways :D

Nice to see Gerrard and Torres in the Fifa world XI which is voted for by over 50,000 professional football players.

Bit of a suprise it was only players from the Premiership (5) and La Liga (6) who made the final 11 , but when looking at the final 11 you cant really see any crap players ( except 2 defenders :) ).

I can think of a good few players in Serie A , Bundesliga and even the French league :D .

The full team is this :

Iker Casillas (Real Madrid)

John Terry (Chelsea)

Nemanja Vidic (Manchester Utd)

Patrice Evra (Manchester Utd)

Daniel Alves (Barcelona)

Xavi (Barcelona)

Andres Iniesta (Barcelona)

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)

Lionel Messi (Barcelona)

Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)

Fernando Torres (Liverpool)

Got to say lads as a supporter of The Wolves, I can not remember a better time for us to be coming to yours in the last twenty years. Always a fan of Liverpools dynamic style, but your confidence is certainly dowm and the Wolves play a pretty tight holding/smothering away game ( when the full team is out that is ) which will take your usual spark, lacking in recent games, to break down.

Don't count us out for at least getting a point.

Got to say lads as a supporter of The Wolves, I can not remember a better time for us to be coming to yours in the last twenty years. Always a fan of Liverpools dynamic style, but your confidence is certainly dowm and the Wolves play a pretty tight holding/smothering away game ( when the full team is out that is ) which will take your usual spark, lacking in recent games, to break down.

Don't press too much or Torres will have a long overdue field day against ya. :)

no disrespect to the mighty black and gold machine but the fact that i am concerned about not beating wolves at home is a sign of where we're at. if you're organised and defend with two lines of four around your box you've a great chance of a point. and if you're half decent at attacking set-pieces you've a good chance of all three of them too. :)

Don't press too much or Torres will have a long overdue field day against ya. :)

Just educating you Jimbo but ''a tight holding game'' is not the same as ''a pressing game'' :D , that's IMO

Edited by alfieconn