Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

When Ireland were robbed in Paris 2 years ago and there was talk of a replay smartass Evra said he would give a replay on his playstation. He always seemed to me to be someone with a big mouth. My sympathies are entirely with Suarez on this one.

"We look forward to the publication of the Commission's Judgment. We will study the detailed reasons of the Commission once they become available, but reserve our right to appeal or take any other course of action we feel appropriate with regards to this situation.

I think Liverpool should have not commented before reading the judgement :rolleyes: or anyboy else for that matter.

This for me is a major new low for the FA. I also think this is a little statement to Sepp Blatter in their ongoing feud.

So, they find someone guilty on the basis of hearsay, the only "evidence" seemingly by his accuser, a little man with a history of false allegations against others! Disgraceful.

I have a lot of respect the way the club has firmly stuck by their player but when you consider the "total" lack of evidence put forward (that is ofcourse bar Evra) i think its patently obvious they had little choice. i hope LFC continue show the contempt this decisions warrents.

Baring in mind the "evidence" on camera clearly showing what John Terry said and the actual "evidence" of others players that apparently heard him i am going to presume , on the basis of Suarez's 8 match ban, Terry will ofcourse be stripped immediately of the England captaincy and banned from all football for 12 months.

Liverpool FC statement

20th Dec 2011 - Latest News

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/liverpool-fc-statement-8

Liverpool Football Club is very surprised and disappointed with the decision of the Football Association Commission to find Luis Suarez guilty of the charges against him.

We look forward to the publication of the Commission's Judgment. We will study the detailed reasons of the Commission once they become available, but reserve our right to appeal or take any other course of action we feel appropriate with regards to this situation.

We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone when no-one else on the field of play - including Evra's own Manchester United teammates and all the match officials - heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth while a corner kick was about to be taken.

The Club takes extremely seriously the fight against all forms of discrimination and has a long and successful track record in work relating to anti-racist activity and social inclusion. We remain committed to this ideal and equality for all, irrespective of a person's background.

LFC considers racism in any form to be unacceptable - without compromise. It is our strong held belief, having gone over the facts of the case, that Luis Suarez did not commit any racist act. It is also our opinion that the accusation by this particular player was not credible - certainly no more credible than his prior unfounded accusations.

It is key to note that Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said 'I don't think that Luis Suarez is racist'. The FA in their opening remarks accepted that Luis Suarez was not racist.

Luis himself is of a mixed race family background as his grandfather was black. He has been personally involved since the 2010 World Cup in a charitable project which uses sport to encourage solidarity amongst people of different backgrounds with the central theme that the colour of a person's skin does not matter; they can all play together as a team.

He has played with black players and mixed with their families whilst with the Uruguay national side and was Captain at Ajax Amsterdam of a team with a proud multi-cultural profile, many of whom became good friends.

It seems incredible to us that a player of mixed heritage should be accused and found guilty in the way he has based on the evidence presented. We do not recognise the way in which Luis Suarez has been characterised.

It appears to us that the FA were determined to bring charges against Luis Suarez, even before interviewing him at the beginning of November. Nothing we have heard in the course of the hearing has changed our view that Luis Suarez is innocent of the charges brought against him and we will provide Luis with whatever support he now needs to clear his name.

We would also like to know when the FA intend to charge Patrice Evra with making abusive remarks to an opponent after he admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suarez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms. Luis, to his credit, actually told the FA he had not heard the insult.

Just a note - is the word "black" not racist?

This for me is a major new low for the FA. I also think this is a little statement to Sepp Blatter in their ongoing feud.

So, they find someone guilty on the basis of hearsay, the only "evidence" seemingly by his accuser, a little man with a history of false allegations against others! Disgraceful.

I have a lot of respect the way the club has firmly stuck by their player but when you consider the "total" lack of evidence put forward (that is ofcourse bar Evra) i think its patently obvious they had little choice. i hope LFC continue show the contempt this decisions warrents.

Baring in mind the "evidence" on camera clearly showing what John Terry said and the actual "evidence" of others players that apparently heard him i am going to presume , on the basis of Suarez's 8 match ban, Terry will ofcourse be stripped immediately of the England captaincy and banned from all football for 12 months.

8 matches seems to be conclusiive doesn't it? before spouting just like Liverpool have done......why not wait for the publication....maybe they have something that backs the stern eight match ban given out! just maybe eh Carmine ;)

Both incidents were caught on Camera, I hope Terry gets the same treatment if not then there is something wrong in football.

I remember years ago people throwing banana skins at Luther Blisset, nothing was said or done, he just got on with it.

Liverpool FC statement

20th Dec 2011 - Latest News

http://www.liverpool...-fc-statement-8

Liverpool Football Club is very surprised and disappointed with the decision of the Football Association Commission to find Luis Suarez guilty of the charges against him.

We look forward to the publication of the Commission's Judgment. We will study the detailed reasons of the Commission once they become available, but reserve our right to appeal or take any other course of action we feel appropriate with regards to this situation.

We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone when no-one else on the field of play - including Evra's own Manchester United teammates and all the match officials - heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth while a corner kick was about to be taken.

The Club takes extremely seriously the fight against all forms of discrimination and has a long and successful track record in work relating to anti-racist activity and social inclusion. We remain committed to this ideal and equality for all, irrespective of a person's background.

LFC considers racism in any form to be unacceptable - without compromise. It is our strong held belief, having gone over the facts of the case, that Luis Suarez did not commit any racist act. It is also our opinion that the accusation by this particular player was not credible - certainly no more credible than his prior unfounded accusations.

It is key to note that Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said 'I don't think that Luis Suarez is racist'. The FA in their opening remarks accepted that Luis Suarez was not racist.

Luis himself is of a mixed race family background as his grandfather was black. He has been personally involved since the 2010 World Cup in a charitable project which uses sport to encourage solidarity amongst people of different backgrounds with the central theme that the colour of a person's skin does not matter; they can all play together as a team.

He has played with black players and mixed with their families whilst with the Uruguay national side and was Captain at Ajax Amsterdam of a team with a proud multi-cultural profile, many of whom became good friends.

It seems incredible to us that a player of mixed heritage should be accused and found guilty in the way he has based on the evidence presented. We do not recognise the way in which Luis Suarez has been characterised.

It appears to us that the FA were determined to bring charges against Luis Suarez, even before interviewing him at the beginning of November. Nothing we have heard in the course of the hearing has changed our view that Luis Suarez is innocent of the charges brought against him and we will provide Luis with whatever support he now needs to clear his name.

We would also like to know when the FA intend to charge Patrice Evra with making abusive remarks to an opponent after he admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suarez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms. Luis, to his credit, actually told the FA he had not heard the insult.

Just a note - is the word "black" not racist?

Well spotted..........:D

Has terry been charged or are they still watching the video?

I believe its been referred to the Crown Prosecution Service.

On the basis of the Suarez verdict Terrys going to get hammered. I doubt he would be an England player for long anyway after Capello goes so they'll just ban him.

What astounds me is the evidence against Suarez was so flimsy as to seriously question Evra's agenda. As i've said earlier it spanks to me of a short arsed little cretin who was woefully outplayed on the day resorting to the race card to get back at Suarez.. I certainly haven't heard Utd players rushing to back him up either. Maybe they all think he's a horrible little sh*t stirrer aswell. ;)

Am i alone in thinking this whole saga is sounding more ridiculous as each day passes?

Evra should be told to get over himself, acknowledge he was pissed off that game because he was having rings run around him and to stop being such a big girls blouse. Little Evra's shouldn't cry wolf. ;)

The focus should be on the real case of the obvious abuse dished out by Captain Fantastic, that pillar of society deemed worthy by the FA of being reappointed to the England captaincy.:blink:

Why is it taking so long? I mean if they have to interview the players well that'll take about a minute each before their vocabulary starts to struggle.

If you're talking about the Terry case (think you are) I think it's even a much more serious case as the police are involved. If I'm not mistake the police are still investigating and the FA would not investigate until after that's complete? I don't know, that's the impression I was under.

Has terry been charged or are they still watching the video?

I believe its been referred to the Crown Prosecution Service.

On the basis of the Suarez verdict Terrys going to get hammered. I doubt he would be an England player for long anyway after Capello goes so they'll just ban him.

Six months in the nick please. smile.gif

8 matches seems to be conclusiive doesn't it? before spouting just like Liverpool have done......why not wait for the publication....maybe they have something that backs the stern eight match ban given out! just maybe eh Carmine ;)

:rolleyes: Yeh right. The support from the Utd players who were there on the pitch has been deafening hasn'it!!!!!! btw, someone should remove that great big chip on Evra's little shoulder. Its a farce and you know it. :whistling:

Suarez himself is of mixed race with a black grandfather. No I don't believe "black" is a racist term, to whoever asked that question. Is "white" a racist term?

Evra himself said in his statement that he doesn't believe Suarez is a racist.

Evra also used a derogatory term towards Suarez, possibly in reference to Suarez's nationality.

So will Evra be charged for abuse as well?

I'm quite shocked with the decision based on the only evidence we are privy to from the media, some of which may be just speculation, but still, I didn't think he'd be found guilty based on what I was reading about this case...

Sickening on all accounts...

Suarez himself is of mixed race with a black grandfather. No I don't believe "black" is a racist term, to whoever asked that question. Is "white" a racist term?

Evra also used a derogatory term towards Suarez, possibly in reference to Suarez's nationality.

I'm quite shocked with the decision based on the only evidence we are privy to from the media, some of which may be just speculation, but still, I didn't think he'd be found guilty based on what I was reading about this case...

The thing is jim, if the evidence had any real credibility why did it take so long to find him guilty? I'll tell you why, In this particular instance theres an FA agenda.

I remember years ago not being allowed to use the word "black" when referring to someones skin colour, you were told to use the word "coloured".

Racism has been a part and parcel of football for many years it will never go away, it does not matter what you do to stop it.

A snippet about the word "Negrito"and why they had no alternative.....

The FA said the penalty is suspended until after the outcome of any appeal which may be made by Suarez.

Its statement added: "The reason for this is to ensure that the penalty does not take effect before any appeal so that Mr Suarez has an effective right of appeal."

Piara Powar, executive director of Football Against Racism in Europe (Fare), believes the governing body's decision is a landmark judgement

"This is the first time we have seen an insight into what is said between players on the pitch, and what may have been commonplace between players in the past.

"This is a big moment and I would say that the FA have dealt with this in the right way. They have taken their time and taken independent advice.

"No one takes any pleasure from seeing him found guilty like this but it is an interesting judgement."

Powar said Fare has taken advice on the abusive word used by Suarez and the context of similar words in South American dialect.

He added: "If it is used in a friendly fashion then it is acceptable, it turns immediately to a hostile meaning if it used as an offensive word.

"Taking the context of that game, it is difficult to see how he would have used it in a friendly way."

The FA said the penalty is suspended until after the outcome of any appeal which may be made by Suarez.

Its statement added: "The reason for this is to ensure that the penalty does not take effect before any appeal so that Mr Suarez has an effective right of appeal."

Piara Powar, executive director of Football Against Racism in Europe (Fare), believes the governing body's decision is a landmark judgement

"This is the first time we have seen an insight into what is said between players on the pitch, and what may have been commonplace between players in the past.

"This is a big moment and I would say that the FA have dealt with this in the right way. They have taken their time and taken independent advice.

"No one takes any pleasure from seeing him found guilty like this but it is an interesting judgement."

Powar said Fare has taken advice on the abusive word used by Suarez and the context of similar words in South American dialect.

He added: "If it is used in a friendly fashion then it is acceptable, it turns immediately to a hostile meaning if it used as an offensive word.

"Taking the context of that game, it is difficult to see how he would have used it in a friendly way."

Negrito means little black person.

I still think that the Liverpool statement is racist, why not use the correct terminology, the word is "coloured" not BLACK.

Edited by beano2274

Nothing but trouble these bloody foreigners! whistling.gif

my mistake - seems black is more commonly used than I thought, I was brought up to use the word "coloured". Maybe I miss the little coloured man that appeared on Robertson jams many years ago, I remember that was a huge issue within the charter of racism in the UK.

Edited by beano2274

Negrito means little black person.

I still think that the Liverpool statement is racist, why not use the correct terminology, the word is "coloured" not BLACK.

If thats the correct word then why do all the "coloureds" i know in London tell me as they did on occasions over the years they preferred to be referred to as "black."

That said, i've been out of PC mad UK for a long time now, is black now racist too? :unsure:

So does that mean a "coloured is being racist if he calls me "white" or vanilla face? :D

Sorry can't take this seriously anymore.......can we start talking football again?

Edited by carmine

The thing is jim, if the evidence had any real credibility why did it take so long to find him guilty? I'll tell you why, In this particular instance theres an FA agenda.

yep. feels like a perfect fuc_king storm of the FA getting into a pissing contest with FIFA over racism punishments, the laughed-out-of-court world cup bid, lord triesman, kenny dalglish protesting the rooney suspension appeal, ferguson's influence, terry's impending verdict. . . .suarez has been turned into the patsy for the english FA's utter incompetence and lack of professionalism. disgraceful this is. fuc_king sick of football and the agenda-driven cun_ts in charge of it i am.

my mistake - seems black is more commonly used than I thought, I was brought up to use the word "coloured". Maybe I miss the little coloured man that appeared on Robertson jams many years ago, I remember that was a huge issue within the charter of racism in the UK.

'coloured' is considered an offensive term now because of its connection to slavery, civil rights and apartheid. 'black' is an acceptable descriptive term of a person's ethnicity but depending on how it is said it can be a racially abusive term. i don't think suarez has been remotely racist in this instance, the FA admitted as much at the opening of its ruling, and yet he gets hit with a truly appalling ban and a label for life. disgraceful.

What astounds me is the evidence against Suarez was so flimsy as to seriously question Evra's agenda. As i've said earlier it spanks to me of a short arsed little cretin who was woefully outplayed on the day resorting to the race card to get back at Suarez.. I certainly haven't heard Utd players rushing to back him up either. Maybe they all think he's a horrible little sh*t stirrer aswell. ;)

Morning carmine.

When you say flimsy evidence, is this comment based on rumours you have heard about what the evidence entails, or is this based on you being privy to the hearing?

Has the hearing been made public? Has the evidence that they based their decision on been made public? My understanding is that the answer to these two questions is "no". In which case, none of us are in any position to judge the judgement.

As far as Man United players (and fans) staying reasonably silent on this is concerned, i think they (and us) have simply been doing what Liverpool players and fans (and Kenny for that matter), should have been doing. When you don't know all the facts, as we don't, to put support behind one man, for no other reason than he plays for your team, is the sort of blind loyalty that i have never gone along with. Give me the facts first. Then i might think about taking a stance, staunchly defending someone, or perhaps even vilifying a player.

I suggest to you, that your stance, your vilification, began even before the dam_n thing happened. And that's fine, you hate Evra, you think he's a little shit and all that.. yeah i get that... fine, but don't pretend that your opinion is based on carefully considered examination of all the facts involved... cos it ain't, it's 50% based on pre-established personal feelings, and 50% based on rumours about the case. Not exactly a rock solid platform for a well-reasoned argument.

Edited by rixalex

Morning carmine.

When you say flimsy evidence, is this comment based on rumours you have heard about what the evidence entails, or is this based on you being privy to the hearing?

Has the hearing been made public? Has the evidence that they based their decision on been made public? My understanding is that the answer to these two questions is "no". In which case, none of us are in any position to judge the judgement.

As far as Man United players (and fans) staying reasonably silent on this is concerned, i think they (and us) have simply been doing what Liverpool players and fans (and Kenny for that matter), should have been doing. When you don't know all the facts, as we don't, to put support behind one man, for no other reason than he plays for your team, is the sort of blind loyalty that i have never gone along with. Give me the facts first. Then i might think about taking a stance, staunchly defending someone, or perhaps even vilifying a player.

I suggest to you, that your stance, your vilification, began even before the dam_n thing happened. And that's fine, you hate Evra, you think he's a little shit and all that.. yeah i get that... fine, but don't pretend that your opinion is based on carefully considered examination of all the facts involved... cos it ain't, it's 50% based on pre-established personal feelings, and 50% based on rumours about the case. Not exactly a rock solid platform for a well-reasoned argument.

and top of the morning to you rix

You are ofcourse welcome to air your opinions as is anyone else and i have to say i normally agree withy you. Howeverm in this farce you are way off the mark and i'm pretty sure you'll find your opinion a very isolated one.

yep. feels like a perfect fuc_king storm of the FA getting into a pissing contest with FIFA over racism punishments, the laughed-out-of-court world cup bid, lord triesman, kenny dalglish protesting the rooney suspension appeal, ferguson's influence, terry's impending verdict. . . .suarez has been turned into the patsy for the english FA's utter incompetence and lack of professionalism. disgraceful this is. fuc_king sick of football and the agenda-driven cun_ts in charge of it i am.

Exactly my thoughts too. This is a continuation of the agenda with Blatter and is being done to show strength against racism in the wake of Blatters recent ill advised comments.

Strange thing is, if the FA was at all genuine all they had to do was wait a couple of weeks and they had a guilt edged oppotunity with the abhorrant Captain Fantastic on camera as full evidence. For some reason they didn't take up on this.