Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Honestly you might be as a Man U supporter entitled to regard the way you win as important. But Liverpool just lost 3-1 to Bolton. That is like saying you cant get a shag from a 20 stone woman from Inverness. So you are hardly likely to be bothered how about you go and score from the nubile chick who is Jude Law's 3 day old ex-chick. If you think that Liverpool without there best two players should be slightly interested in 'how' they beat you rather than whether they beat you, that is absolutely fine, and your contribution will be welcomed on the Man U is in the decline thread.

You keep harping on about missing two players from your team as if Man United were at full strength. Come on, Giggs, Park and Scholes in mid-field. No Rooney. No Nani. No Fletcher. No Vidic. No Jones. If you don't agree that that team we put out, is a team that at home, Liverpool should at least be equal to, and shouldn't need to sit back against, well then i guess your expectations these days really are low.

A bet when you guys saw our team sheet before kick off you thought, come on, here we go. And i bet right up until the 88th minute, you were thinking, this has been pretty awful. Go on, deny it.

Bitter Bitter Manc...what a load of tosh !

It was clearly obvious to all that know anything about our squad that the game only two days before was going to greatly effect what team we put out and most importantly how we played. Adam, Bellamy and Kuyt were obvious ones to be rested and be used as late impact players. Something I thought your manager might of made changes for as a reaction but he didn't ...

The key point was tactics which I notice you have not mentioned...we absorbed the pressure, let you keep the ball between your slow midfield, Valencia seemed to be your only outlet. We targeted your awful keeper early on which seemed to be a well planned tactic by standing in front of him which resulted in our first goal. And the key tactical subs Kuyt, Adam and Bellamy all coming on at the right time. Your right back was caught out of position for the second goal which seems to be a common theme for him late on in games.

Curious the last time we played you we outplayed and out bossed you and yet you opted not to start with Rooney and Nani then even when fit.

So what you're forewarning me Dev is that Spurs will face a wall of ten defenders in red at Anfield next week and you will try to hit us on the break! Free flowing indeed but then again what do i know. Actually what i do know is, win or lose, you won't come out and play expansive football against us, you'll play exactly the same as you do normally, same as Man Utd cup tie. I fear it'll be like playing Wolves.

I not WUM, i'm saying it exactly as it is.

Not quite exactly as it is. How many times have you seen Liverpool stick 10 men behind the ball? When we play Spurs we will play exactly how the manager decides, It will have nothing to do with the last game because everybody in football knows that result was a one off. If Liverpool play crap and have 2 players sent off it might happen again. on the other hand perhaps Spurs will capitulate once again to a bigger club.

I'm not a WUM I just a KFS

Not quite exactly as it is. How many times have you seen Liverpool stick 10 men behind the ball? When we play Spurs we will play exactly how the manager decides, It will have nothing to do with the last game because everybody in football knows that result was a one off. If Liverpool play crap and have 2 players sent off it might happen again. on the other hand perhaps Spurs will capitulate once again to a bigger club.

Yes please exude your overconfidence. I hope you do attack us...it'll make for a great match.

Very happy with that result and performance, nice to see we have hit some good form now and goals are going in. Confidence is high and it showed.

Most plaudits will go to Bellmay and Carrolls performances last night. However said it before, wee Jay Spearing was outstanding and filled the void with have had since Lucas's injury. When we play with a real DM our midfield looks much more in sync and players such as Adam seem to benefit and get forward.

Downing and Gerrard rested and Suarez now back! Still lots to play for this season it would seem.

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

Yes please exude your overconfidence. I hope you do attack us...it'll make for a great match.

I'm trying to stop exuding my misses dislikes it. How can I be overconfident? I have no idea how confident I need to becoffee1.gif . Personally I am hoping for more of an attacking game from our players our, especially the midfield, and the defence to do their job. Unfortunately I'm not picking the side so I'll leave the tactics up to Kenny. 2-1 to Liverpool. I hope then that neither team loses any more points all season. Us to nick 4th and you to nick the title off united, and I would be well pleased with the back end of the season.

Funny. I consider Spurs our bogey team. They clearly thrashed us last time at WHL and the last time we lost at Anfield in May was against Spurs.

It is weird because their is no stats to support this bias. In fact last year was the first time in 25 years that Spurs had achieved the double. Even Dalglish in his previous reign had a 10 win to 3 loss record against Spurs.

Still my theory about little green goblins isnt statistically proven either. Hey ho.

Funny. I consider Spurs our bogey team. They clearly thrashed us last time at WHL and the last time we lost at Anfield in May was against Spurs.

It is weird because their is no stats to support this bias. In fact last year was the first time in 25 years that Spurs had achieved the double. Even Dalglish in his previous reign had a 10 win to 3 loss record against Spurs.

Still my theory about little green goblins isnt statistically proven either. Hey ho.

indeed, it's a trick of the memory. i rarely recall us playing well against spurs lately yet our record against them is really quite good.

think we stop modric we largely stop spurs playing this go round. hopefully we're pretty much full strength too, with a middle three of gerrard plus two from spearing, adam and henderson and a front three of suarez and bellamy buzzing around off carroll. kuyt, maxi etc as options on the bench. we need to win this one though.

I'm trying to stop exuding my misses dislikes it. How can I be overconfident? I have no idea how confident I need to becoffee1.gif . Personally I am hoping for more of an attacking game from our players our, especially the midfield, and the defence to do their job. Unfortunately I'm not picking the side so I'll leave the tactics up to Kenny. 2-1 to Liverpool. I hope then that neither team loses any more points all season. Us to nick 4th and you to nick the title off united, and I would be well pleased with the back end of the season.

If we finish third and you lot fourth that will be happy days for me. Any more is a bonus!

indeed, it's a trick of the memory. i rarely recall us playing well against spurs lately yet our record against them is really quite good.

think we stop modric we largely stop spurs playing this go round. hopefully we're pretty much full strength too, with a middle three of gerrard plus two from spearing, adam and henderson and a front three of suarez and bellamy buzzing around off carroll. kuyt, maxi etc as options on the bench. we need to win this one though.

Yes mate you leave Bale to just run around doing his thing...biggrin.png

I think we need to concentrate on Bale and Parker as well, the little fella Defoe could be a problem too. Very worried about Bale as we seem to be backing off players as they run at the box. Parker is thought of a lot as a workhorse, but he adds a lot to the attack as well, we need to keep him busy by our own midfield playing in their faces and then using the ball quickly to put them on the back foot. I hope we play a back four, then I think we will be ok back 3 will be very risky. Keep Suarez and Bellamy attacking them to keep the defence in their half, and hopefully Carroll will keep on the more aggressive style he used at the end of the MU game and against Wolves. Still think 2-1 to us Bellamy and Suarez to score.

Funny that Stevie, i'd be quite happy playing you without Modric.

yeah bale's a good player but it's modric that makes spurs tick. at anfield last season he and sandro gave us a right lesson in midfield.

yeah bale's a good player but it's modric that makes spurs tick. at anfield last season he and sandro gave us a right lesson in midfield.

Actually, joking apart, thats why we miss Huddlestone so badly. We could play him alongside Parker or Sandro and it really opens up our options. No one else in our squad has anything like the passing reange of Hudd. Modric as we know likes to thread the ball threw but when he's back from injury which will be very soon, we can play them in the same line up. Lennon would have to fall out and we'd use Kyle Walker pace down the right.

I see the Spurs lot are feeling pretty confident ahead of Monday's clash. I guess you cant blame them considering how poor we have been against them in the last two matches. The 4-0 loss at WHL was our worst loss in something like 8 years and our 2-0 loss to Spurs at Anfield was our heaviest defeat at Anfield ever by Spurs (as well as the last time we lost at home).

So the good news is that we cant do as abysmally badly as we have on the last two occasions - barring Saha coming off the bench and scoring a hat-trick.

Suarez is back from suspension, Bellamy is on fire, Kuyt has learnt how to score again and even Carroll at least looks like a footballer. Gerrard and Spearing hopefully will be back from injury. So Kenny's main headache is likely to be who actually to pick. We really need all 3 points here if we want to maintain the vaguest hopes of 4th.

Unfortunately it is another fixture scheduled for the middle of the night - 3.00am or something - so I guess I will miss it. Only 4 of the last 11 Liverpool matches have been at sociable times here in Thailand (and I include in that the 12.30am Bolton kick off that I couldnt be bothered to stay up for.)

Unfortunately it is another fixture scheduled for the middle of the night - 3.00am or something - so I guess I will miss it. Only 4 of the last 11 Liverpool matches have been at sociable times here in Thailand (and I include in that the 12.30am Bolton kick off that I couldnt be bothered to stay up for.)

What dedication. tongue.png

What dedication. tongue.png

I think this is acceptable. But only if you record the game and watch it immediately you wake up.

Just too risky otherwise...

We can't all spend our days in bed/in hammock/on the beach! biggrin.png

I feel sorry for the poor 9-5 la...violin.gif

I think this is acceptable. But only if you record the game and watch it immediately you wake up.

I can't normally watch replays, it's the "live" part of it that makes it so exciting. Albeit I watched it live, there is only one City game I have also watched a replay of this season. Can you guess what it is biggrin.png

I can't normally watch replays, it's the "live" part of it that makes it so exciting. Albeit I watched it live, there is only one City game I have also watched a replay of this season. Can you guess what it is biggrin.png

i'm that way, can't abide replays. notwithstanding that it's very hard to avoid hearing the score by some means or another. so i'll be having an early night and setting the alarm for half two then.

i'm that way, can't abide replays. notwithstanding that it's very hard to avoid hearing the score by some means or another. so i'll be having an early night and setting the alarm for half two then.

I hope you finish fourth Stevie I really do but tomorrow....!

I'm with you there stevie, not literally of course lol

I was mistaken for a moment this was the rentboys thread.

I was mistaken for a moment this was the rentboys thread.

- Nah the Plastics can't even spell their club name correct ?

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

post-48660-132851499343_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

We nicked a point off you...well two really. Unlucky your lot were but I'm delighted.

Yes I guess a draw at Anfield is a moral victory for Spurs. I rather see it as us both losing - we needed all 3 points for 4th and you needed all 3 points for the title.

We really didnt deserve much better - we might have dominated say possession but we didnt threaten your goal.

I thought a couple of your players - Bale, Modric and Adebayor - were not at their best while Parker and Walker were excellent.

Spearing had an unusually poor game for us. When we lack in the final 3rd I find it strange we brought on Suarez as late as the 65th minute. And this one I know I am going to get pilloried for but one of the bright spots for Liverpool was Carroll. He has definitely improved no doubt about that - however starting from a base of zero it doesnt mean much. But there maybe something there afterall.

Overall I found the match very boring.