Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I am impressed that you 2 have seen the game. I am reduced to reading about it on the net, as I can't wait to see the replay. I'll comment on the match when I've seen it,but I'm disappointed with a draw as it means we really need the win against United now. I would be happy with 4 points from these 2 games.

What planet are you lot on? Did you see it smokes because you seem to think they deserved it too! Truth is neither team deserved three points. It was largely boring and devoid of shots on target. The most bored probably being the keepers.

Quite how anyone that watched that game thought one side deserved all the points is totally beyond me.

I thought Johnson, King and Dawson all stood out.

What planet are you lot on? Did you see it smokes because you seem to think they deserved it too! Truth is neither team deserved three points. It was largely boring and devoid of shots on target. The most bored probably being the keepers.

Quite how anyone that watched that game thought one side deserved all the points is totally beyond me.

Yeah both your defenders... Sums it up really.

Tell me why did Spurs come to Anfield and sit back and defend throughout the whole 90 mins? The way you were going on we were led to believe this Spurs team were the most exciting attacking force in the Prem and they would have Liverpool sat back with 11 behind the ball. very disappointing from Spurs and nullified the game at times.I would of thought if you had any title ambitions that would not of been your game-plan.

I can only really recall you having one chance the 1 on 1 with Bale and Reina and very little threat during the game. We had a number of chances Carroll and Suarez both had the most clearest in front of goal and then we had a couple of shots just outside the box that tested Friedal.

Thought we deserved a win to be honest but in the end yet again we proved we cant finish our chances.

Maybe you were watching the Cat that made an appearance or the Karate kick from Suarez on his pal Parker? No Forearm Smash to be seen :)

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

Tell me why did Spurs come to Anfield and sit back and defend throughout the whole 90 mins? The way you were going on we were led to believe this Spurs team were the most exciting attacking force in the Prem and they would have Liverpool sat back with 11 behind the ball. very disappointing from Spurs and nullified the game at times.I would of thought if you had any title ambitions that would not of been your game-plan.

I can only really recall you having one chance the 1 on 1 with Bale and Reina and very little threat during the game. We had a number of chances Carroll and Suarez both had the most clearest in front of goal and then we had a couple of shots just outside the box that tested Friedal.

Thought we deserved a win to be honest but in the end yet again we proved we cant finish our chances.

Maybe you were watching the Cat that made an appearance or the Karate kick from Suarez on his pal Parker? No Forearm Smash to be seen smile.png

Yep you were really great. Free flowing football, non stop barage on the Spurs defense. Tele Santana would have been salavating were he still with us.

Theres nought wrong with loyalty to your team dev but really mate, get a grip, It also seems the journos don't quite agree with your summing up. Now theres a surprise. Fact is, we were flat, without Lennon VDV and Kaboul and you still couldn't beat us. Tell me, exactly how many scoring oppotunities did you carve out? Shouldn't take long to work out should it

Bastians of Delusion.

Edited by carmine

We nicked a point off you...well two really. Unlucky your lot were but I'm delighted.

quite surprised to see title-chasing spurs come to anfield and play like a bottom half club to be honest. bit disappointed we didn't win really.

We nicked a point off you...well two really. Unlucky your lot were but I'm delighted.

quite surprised to see title-chasing spurs come to anfield and play like a bottom half club to be honest. bit disappointed we didn't win really.

Well you should have done something with your possession then Stevie and created some chances shouldn't you

Maybe you were watching the Cat that made an appearance or the Karate kick from Suarez on his pal Parker? No Forearm Smash to be seen smile.png

Yep you were really great. Free flowing football, non stop barage on the Spurs defense. Tele Santana would have been salavating were he still with us.

Theres nought wrong with loyalty to your team dev but really mate, get a grip, It also seems the journos don't quite agree with your summing up. Now theres a surprise. Fact is, we were flat, without Lennon VDV and Kaboul and you still couldn't beat us. Tell me, exactly how many scoring oppotunities did you carve out? Shouldn't take long to work out should it

Bastians of Delusion.

So you need to listen to some Journos to make a conclusion - I sense it was you who didnt watch the game Carmine huh.png

Not sure what Loyalty has to do with anything? We created more clear goal scoring chances that should of been finished - the Carroll shot in front of goal that he blasted with his right foot over the bar and the free Suarez header straight into the keepers arms, 3 yards out. These are from memory I doNT need to read a match report!

We controlled the game and took it to you but you defended well with numbers. However I did state we couldn't convert which is nothing new at home this season and I think we lacked some guile in the last third last night - we were the better team!

- The funny thing is Carmine you came on here pre game stating that you expect Liverpool to sit back and play for a draw (like a Wolves, I think you said) funny how that turned out to be Spurs last night. And yet again your injury excuses start again...

Well you should have done something with your possession then Stevie and created some chances shouldn't you

friedel was certainly rather busier than reina carmine. i don't really know why you're being quite so defensive about this. spurs didn't play particularly well, didn't really try to, came away from anfield with a point. i'd have thought you'd be happy.

Surely the answer is 3.

Ah, theres a man who clearly didn't see the game

Actually I did watch the game. It was very boring and I am not really interested in individual results - more where my team is likely to be in 5 years time.

However, Smokie posted a mathematical question. He claimed he took a point off us which if you inherently believe we were going to get 3 points and Spurs 0 is perhaps fair (on the basis that you took 1 point that you imagined might be ours.) He then stated the 'claim' that he had in fact taken 2 points off us, which is simply untrue on the basis that while we might have lost two points (from a possible 3) he has gained precisely 1 point. If you had nicked two points of us, I could put a gun to his head and nick them back. The reality is a draw is a negative sum game - or a mutually destructive outcome in effect.

If you wish to compare us with a 3 point win against an outcome of a 1-1 draw the reality is that you have gained 3 points relative to your expected outcome on the basis that we have scored 2 less and you have scored 1 more.

My own feeling on the matter is that it is a bad result for both parties goals - yours in the vague possibility of winning the league and ours in terms of coming in the top 4.

friedel was certainly rather busier than reina carmine. i don't really know why you're being quite so defensive about this. spurs didn't play particularly well, didn't really try to, came away from anfield with a point. i'd have thought you'd be happy.

But thats just the point isn't it. Brad wasn't busy either We were disappointing and flat. We could have used some Redknapp man management at half time too. I'd also have thought that Dalglish would be dissappointed at you lack of creativity. The game plan looked just a simple hoof it up to Carroll. For Christ sake this is liverpool playing at anfield! Neither side was even threatening. Apart from the first two games this is the worst i've seen us play all season and friedal had chuff all to do.

I'll admit that if Bale had scored from the best chance of the game i'd have been laughing my socks off.

The best contest in the match was between Johnson and Walker. What with Richards theres some real competition for that place.

Edited by carmine

Exactly! No argument to be honest.

Stevie what do you make of Jay since he has had a run of games again. He was a bit wasteful with a few long passes last night but his general closing down, covering and tackling and short passing game has always impressed me and he always seems up for it regardless of the game - He somewhat reminds very much of a young Mascherano.

There were plenty who didn't seem to rate him only a season ago and a few that still don't based on a few bad passes.

We have always looked better as a team when we have a DCM allowing the likes of Adam and Gerrard or a full back to get forward more. Kenny

seems to put a lot of faith in him.

I would add that i'm not being defensive. Merely trying to get my head round Dev's absurd appraisal of the match. Comical really. Like i said not defensive and it appears the football media saw the same match i did.

But ofcourse if Kenny says you were great, i suppose you must have been.

I think you have to consider our results a bit. We have drawn at home to Norwich, Swansea, Sunderland and Stoke so another draw against Spurs is not a big surprise. As you rightly point out we didnt really create enough chances to justify claiming we should have won the game. However, Spurs were pretty abject and didnt really threaten much at all. Given how you dominated the last two matches we played against you, I suspect we gave you rather too much respect this time around. And we expected you to be more threatening.

I would add that i'm not being defensive. Merely trying to get my head round Dev's absurd appraisal of the match. Comical really. Like i said not defensive and it appears the football media saw the same match i did.

the football media see what they want to see and are for the most part agenda-driven morons. i wouldn't use them as much of a bellwether for your opinion carmine.

the football media see what they want to see and are for the most part agenda-driven morons. i wouldn't use them as much of a bellwether for your opinion carmine.

Now i'm completely satisfied.

yes we know - that you sat back and played for the point.

How the mighty have fallen. You play '80's football but i bet you wish you had the '80's side.

Yes Spurs were very flat last night, which is a rarity but it says enough that were p*ssed off not coming away from anfield with three points.

How the mighty have fallen. You play '80's football but i bet you wish you had the '80's side.

Yes Spurs were very flat last night, which is a rarity but it says enough that were p*ssed off not coming away from anfield with three points.

You're right there. I'm happy with a point given how poor we were in the second half but looking at the bench before the match it was clear we're now down to bare bones.

A point at Anfield? No one has done better this season...

You're right there. I'm happy with a point given how poor we were in the second half but looking at the bench before the match it was clear we're now down to bare bones.

A point at Anfield? No one has done better this season...

No manager, Sandro, Lennon,VDV and Kaboul crocked! Its a bit concerning isn't it. I really don't rate Bond at all. I think we were in need of some Redknapp team talk at half time. Other than that i thought it was just a poor quality game. Then again you could read Dev's match summary. Reminds me of Walter Mitty!

Edited by carmine

I rather agree - come the subs they were settling for a draw.

I certainly think that part of our problem in the match is that Kenny learnt from his two previous outings that to go all out and attack was a way to likely guarantee defeat. So we did sit well back for Anfield and we concentrated on closing their players down quickly. Plus our defensive players are much better than before.

The problem I think we faced was an unexpectedly poor Spurs team. And what does trouble me slightly is that we are not creating as many chances as before. Only having Suarez on the pitch for 25 minutes doesnt help. And the other problem I think we face is that the more Carroll improves, the more we resort to hoof ball towards him. Our general crossing is pretty lamentable as well at the moment.

So I think we did an excellent job of suppressing Spurs. I think that they looked bad partly because we made them look bad. They were however extremely well organized defensively and we lacked both creativity and threat in attack.

Actually I did watch the game. It was very boring and I am not really interested in individual results - more where my team is likely to be in 5 years time.

However, Smokie posted a mathematical question. He claimed he took a point off us which if you inherently believe we were going to get 3 points and Spurs 0 is perhaps fair (on the basis that you took 1 point that you imagined might be ours.) He then stated the 'claim' that he had in fact taken 2 points off us, which is simply untrue on the basis that while we might have lost two points (from a possible 3) he has gained precisely 1 point. If you had nicked two points of us, I could put a gun to his head and nick them back. The reality is a draw is a negative sum game - or a mutually destructive outcome in effect.

If you wish to compare us with a 3 point win against an outcome of a 1-1 draw the reality is that you have gained 3 points relative to your expected outcome on the basis that we have scored 2 less and you have scored 1 more.

My own feeling on the matter is that it is a bad result for both parties goals - yours in the vague possibility of winning the league and ours in terms of coming in the top 4.

Its quite simple really Abby. Given the chances your team squandered in the second half you will know in your hearts you should have won the match.

We on the other hand more readily accept this and know it was a point we barely deserved. We did deserve it though, make no mistake, our defence was outstanding.

Just look at our support's reaction to the final whistle....

Its quite simple really Abby. Given the chances your team squandered in the second half you will know in your hearts you should have won the match.

We on the other hand more readily accept this and know it was a point we barely deserved. We did deserve it though, make no mistake, our defence was outstanding.

Just look at our support's reaction to the final whistle....

I agree with that Smokie and shame your fellow Spud can't see that. Can't recall saying we were amazing at all on here about last nights game...but I still feel we should of won it on overall play and chances. You showed another side to your team that I haven't seen the season and that might serve you well given some very tough games coming up were you might no over run quality opposition.

If you had of said we would get 4 points from our last 2 league games and beat both Manchester teams in the cup in space of a few weeks - I would have been very happy indeed.

Really hoping Spurs do go on and get some good results over your next games, you deserve to be in contention based on the way you have gone about this season - that's why I was a bit surprised last night with the reluctance to get forward more.

Point for us isn't that bad in reality given Chelsea have dropped points and we still there about with Arsenal,Newcastle chasing Chelsea. Fear 4th might be to much and we also have a real tough run of games coming up - just hoping a Cup final win might give us that push.

Massive game at the Old Toilet!

Look, the chances of you coming away with 3 points were fairly small in the extreme (even though you did think it might happen before the game).

You now seem to claim that we are crap on the basis that we didnt beat you.

Rather unusually you havent blamed the referee as in your last two previous losses.

We would all agree that a draw for Spurs at Anfield is a moral victory for Spurs. It was however little else as you were easily outplayed (in a possession/territorial sense) although you were clearly not out played in created chances taken or to a significant extent by created chances. You have come away from Anfield as well as any team has done in this season with 1 point so you cannot really complain (City and Utd did no better).

You also played well below your best and without a significant subs bench, so again a very reasonable result. As an LFC supporter I am slightly pissed off that we didnt beat you given that if we could have turned territorial/possession advantage into goals it would have been the likely the result. However, the linkage between the variables is not highly correlated.

I guess that the average LFC supporter's opinion might be best summed up by 'given the thrashing you have given us over the last two meetings, we will not complain with a draw' especially as the 'beautiful game' you profess to play looked a bit like a 5-4-1 to me and all attempts at attack (although rather feeble) seem to come from LFC.

Also from a positional sense you had 10 players whose average position was in your own half, while we also had ten players whose average position was in your own half.

Point for us isn't that bad in reality given Chelsea have dropped points and we still there about with Arsenal,Newcastle chasing Chelsea. Fear 4th might be to much and we also have a real tough run of games coming up - just hoping a Cup final win might give us that push.

Sadly a point is only one more point than a loss.

It is essentially wins that determine 4th position. On the away side we are well ahead of the wins necessary for 4th but a whole bunch of draws at Anfield (against significantly lesser teams rather than Spurs is an absolute killer.)

We are still potentially in the race for 4th because Arsenal and Chelsea have been so utterly feeble over the last 6 weeks. (We have done ok or better than expected but our good results have been driven by the cups and not the PL.) Looking at the PL, I still have hope. Chelsea have not bought 4th in January. The Man U fixture is pretty irrelevant on the basis that you dont go to Old Trafford and win, so 1 point is the best we can hope for.

But to qualify for 4th you have to make two realistic assumptions - that we will beat both Chelsea and Arsenal at home - and one which is a triumph of hope over experience (meaning highly unlikely) which is that we will stop fuc_king up when playing against lesser teams.

Look, the chances of you coming away with 3 points were fairly small in the extreme (even though you did think it might happen before the game).

You now seem to claim that we are crap on the basis that we didnt beat you.

Rather unusually you havent blamed the referee as in your last two previous losses.

We would all agree that a draw for Spurs at Anfield is a moral victory for Spurs. It was however little else as you were easily outplayed (in a possession/territorial sense) although you were clearly not out played in created chances taken or to a significant extent by created chances. You have come away from Anfield as well as any team has done in this season with 1 point so you cannot really complain (City and Utd did no better).

You also played well below your best and without a significant subs bench, so again a very reasonable result. As an LFC supporter I am slightly pissed off that we didnt beat you given that if we could have turned territorial/possession advantage into goals it would have been the likely the result. However, the linkage between the variables is not highly correlated.

I guess that the average LFC supporter's opinion might be best summed up by 'given the thrashing you have given us over the last two meetings, we will not complain with a draw' especially as the 'beautiful game' you profess to play looked a bit like a 5-4-1 to me and all attempts at attack (although rather feeble) seem to come from LFC.

Also from a positional sense you had 10 players whose average position was in your own half, while we also had ten players whose average position was in your own half.

I thought the referee was very good. Please don't cite my blaming Foy for efforts in the Stoke game as my bias. You'll struggle to see a worst example all season. I blame the referee Abrak when for example he rules a goal offside and the replay shows it to be clearly onside. I have made my comments about offside and goal decisions after replay confirmation.

Is there something wrong with that?

Edited by carmine

Sadly a point is only one more point than a loss.

It is essentially wins that determine 4th position.

Hence my comment on nicking two points from you.