Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

He's selfish, he will waste chances, BUT he will score you goals.

When he played for Bolton his record was 12 appearances 8 goals 0 assists.

When he was a regular at Chelsea it was 43 13 7.

So in 55 appearances that's 21 goals and 7 assists. Not a superstar, but certainly not a donkey.

*the stats are from wiki and it doesn't say if those appearances include subs.

I think Sturridge would be a bad buy for Liverpool, but I think Walcott would be good if they could get him.

Just a question; when did this Americanisation of our football (or should I now say soccer) actually come into being?...........geez, now we have assists?!

What next, crash helmets, shoulder pads and designated kickers? biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos

Thanks, i shall listen to it tomorrow.

Thing is, whoever you get must be bought with a view to linking well with Suarez, is something we all agree on.

I think Ba would and i think Sturridge and his "playing for myself" attitude would do nothing other than really piss him off.

For sure Suarez is pivotal to our forward play and yes we need some who can play with him - also I hear Borini might be back from his injury and in training next week.

Btw there's a part 2 and 3 to that interview also :)

Just a question; when did this Americanisation of our football (or should I now say soccer) actually come into being?...........geez, now we have assists!

Designated knickers sounds interesting. How would it work exactly? How about if each team got to chose one player from the opposing side who could be designated and would have to play the full 90 minutes in a tight pair of girl's knickers....

• Like 1

Just a question; when did this Americanisation of our football (or should I now say soccer) actually come into being?...........geez, now we have assists!

Designated knickers sounds interesting. How would it work exactly? How about if each team got to chose one player from the opposing side who could be designated and would have to play the full 90 minutes in a tight pair of girl's knickers....

Not as far fetched as you might think. (I know I said kickers) wink.png

Some players already wrap themselves up like some old lady going shopping on Boxing day. IMO if you have to wear gloves, scarves, panty hose and long sleeved vests to play football (soccer), then anything else is acceptable.

Back to Liverpool, what's with the Tom Ince situation?

I heard Liverpool get a cut of any transfer fee....how would that work considering they sold him?

Some players already wrap themselves up like some old lady going shopping on Boxing day. IMO if you have to wear gloves, scarves, panty hose and long sleeved vests to play football (soccer), then anything else is acceptable.

Gawd yeah, forget about those awful snood things the softies were wearing a few years ago. Think they may have been outlawed now.

post-48298-0-57083500-1356167053_thumb.j

Suppose shouldn't be surprised that the hair band wearer types feel the cold.

And those long sleeved vests and mittens are almost as embarrassing.

• Like 2

Gawd yeah, forget about those awful snood things the softies were wearing a few years ago. Think they may have been outlawed now.

If i had a neck like tevez, i think i would wear a snoodthumbsup.gif

Waiting for the first balaclava. wink.png

Know what you mean. Apparently though, doctors have offered to surgically remove his scar - transplant his arse cheek onto his neck or something like that - but he prefers to keep it. Perhaps the chicks dig it. A decent manly scar helps make up for the various effeminate accessories.

Know what you mean. Apparently though, doctors have offered to surgically remove his scar - transplant his arse cheek onto his neck or something like that - but he prefers to keep it. Perhaps the chicks dig it. A decent manly scar helps make up for the various effeminate accessories.

Maybe thats what Torres needs a few scars to make him more manlywink.png

If it were Spurs last season Modric would have been wearing them....along with his alice band

• Like 1

Poor Fulham display that but we can only beat what's put in font of us.

Positives are that we are starting to be getting goals from throughout the team and not just Suarez.

BR seems pretty good at getting players to reach their potential such as Enrique and dare I say Downing...

Tough away at Stoke next!

Buit still really want somebody in the box all game to poach and head in goals

You mean like Carroll? The decision to loan him out hasn't started making more sense with the passing of time, has it... although i guess now he's injured we can pretend we all knew that was going to happen...

Seems like a similar cock up with Ince. Get shot of him for a few pennies and now trying to buy him back at a ten-fold increase or something like that. Heads should be rolling surely...

No. I mean nothing of the sort. If I wanted to replace Carroll it would not have been with a similar player, i want somebody to purely score goals, not fight for the ball or be a target man. Just to pick up the pieces and squirm the ball into the net. I don't know what to make of Ince, I've not see enough to judge. Talking of heads rolling, sometimes you make me laugh my head off, or at least shake it a few timeswink.png

Thanks, i shall listen to it tomorrow.

Thing is, whoever you get must be bought with a view to linking well with Suarez, is something we all agree on.

I think Ba would and i think Sturridge and his "playing for myself" attitude would do nothing other than really piss him off.

This is true. I don't think we want 2 players hanging onto the ball too much. Saying that if Sturridge is selfish and scores goals I don't care

Dissapointing result with a good opportunity to get more points on the board!

Its fairly obvious to me that Sterling, Allen and Gerrard need a break more so Allen as he looks absolutley physically and mentally shot! no idea why BR has not rotated him.

We should of taken 1 of many chances in that first 20 mins of the game but we just cant (as normal) and our final ball was dreadful at times.

For this style of play BR wants to keep implementing... the team needs to keep a very high tempo for it to work - the transition somtimes is so slow from defence to attack or attack to defence...and worse yet is when we loose possession we are slow to close down and regain any shape. How many times do we look open to the counter attack- why? Honeslty if anyone runs at the back four we looked terrified, slow trakcing from midfeild and the CB seem to stand of.

I thought Lucas might add stability to this area but the last game he looked way of match fintess (maybe too much too soon?)

- btw thought Villa looked a well organized and good counter side and surely will do ok this season.

I think you are absolutely right about Stirling and Gerrard needing a break. One for age, the other for his youth. Poor management by Rodgers over Stirling but in the case of Gerrard is there anyone to step up to the plate when/if he's given a rest? Not that i've seen so far. Lucas looked totally knackered.

On the matter of a much needed striker i would also be very concerned about the apparent LFC interest in the hugely overrated Sturridge. As a football journo called it today; if he's half as good as he thinks he is then he's probably twice as good as he actually is!

I thought Villa were excellent at anfield, and I quite fancy them to take something from the chav game next sunday too. thumbsup.gif

Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and i think i got the chelsea Villa game a bit wrongermm.gif Its fair to say Villa haven't found that consistency yet.....

Dissapointing result with a good opportunity to get more points on the board!

Its fairly obvious to me that Sterling, Allen and Gerrard need a break more so Allen as he looks absolutley physically and mentally shot! no idea why BR has not rotated him.

We should of taken 1 of many chances in that first 20 mins of the game but we just cant (as normal) and our final ball was dreadful at times.

For this style of play BR wants to keep implementing... the team needs to keep a very high tempo for it to work - the transition somtimes is so slow from defence to attack or attack to defence...and worse yet is when we loose possession we are slow to close down and regain any shape. How many times do we look open to the counter attack- why? Honeslty if anyone runs at the back four we looked terrified, slow trakcing from midfeild and the CB seem to stand of.

I thought Lucas might add stability to this area but the last game he looked way of match fintess (maybe too much too soon?)

- btw thought Villa looked a well organized and good counter side and surely will do ok this season.

I think you are absolutely right about Stirling and Gerrard needing a break. One for age, the other for his youth. Poor management by Rodgers over Stirling but in the case of Gerrard is there anyone to step up to the plate when/if he's given a rest? Not that i've seen so far. Lucas looked totally knackered.

On the matter of a much needed striker i would also be very concerned about the apparent LFC interest in the hugely overrated Sturridge. As a football journo called it today; if he's half as good as he thinks he is then he's probably twice as good as he actually is!

I thought Villa were excellent at anfield, and I quite fancy them to take something from the chav game next sunday too. thumbsup.gif

Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and i think i got the chelsea Villa game a bit wrongermm.gif Its fair to say Villa haven't found that consistency yet.....

You mean like Carroll? The decision to loan him out hasn't started making more sense with the passing of time, has it... although i guess now he's injured we can pretend we all knew that was going to happen...

Seems like a similar cock up with Ince. Get shot of him for a few pennies and now trying to buy him back at a ten-fold increase or something like that. Heads should be rolling surely...

As i have said before Liverpool should go for Demba Ba and if Rodgers can't see it he's a mug. As the owners show little signs of wanting to make any substantial investment in the club he makes more sense than Sturridge especially as he's a better striker compaired with dog average Dean with inflated chav wages.

Demba Ba is a quality striker... but maybe not one for longterm?

Tell you what Carmine if you have the time watch this recent fan interview with BR he certainly recognises issues fans are talking about and answers a bit about (to some extent) tactics, personnel and yes the type signings he wants.

That was interesting to listen too. I like his outlook and way of thinking. Seems like a nice guy too.

Unfortunately i think the manage and the fans deserve better more committed owners than the ones you have

• Like 1

No. I mean nothing of the sort. If I wanted to replace Carroll it would not have been with a similar player, i want somebody to purely score goals, not fight for the ball or be a target man. Just to pick up the pieces and squirm the ball into the net. I don't know what to make of Ince, I've not see enough to judge. Talking of heads rolling, sometimes you make me laugh my head off, or at least shake it a few timeswink.png

You were lamenting the lack of a goal scorer at Liverpool who can poach goals and head them in, i was agreeing your lack of options in this department and reiterating sentiments expressed many times before, about the stupidity of loaning out Carroll and how he is just such a player who could be doing that sort of job for the club, especially since you paid so much for him , and your reaction to this is to laugh and shake your head... hmmm... i can only imagine you must be having one of those "Liverpool way" moments...

You were lamenting the lack of a goal scorer at Liverpool who can poach goals and head them in, i was agreeing your lack of options in this department and reiterating sentiments expressed many times before, about the stupidity of loaning out Carroll and how he is just such a player who could be doing that sort of job for the club, especially since you paid so much for him , and your reaction to this is to laugh and shake your head... hmmm... i can only imagine you must be having one of those "Liverpool way" moments...

The stupidity was not loaning out Carroll, it was the failure to bring someone in...

The stupidity was not loaning out Carroll, it was the failure to bring someone in...

Nope, the stupidity was loaning out Carroll before you got someone else in. Secure someone's replacement before showing them the door.... it's not even football management 101. It's something even more basic than that.

• Like 1

Nope, the stupidity was loaning out Carroll before you got someone else in. Secure someone's replacement before showing them the door.... it's not even football management 101. It's something even more basic than that.

I understand your basics point, but in this case I disagree. We would be no better off now if Carroll had stayed, in fact we might be worse off.

I understand your basics point, but in this case I disagree. We would be no better off now if Carroll had stayed, in fact we might be worse off.

Carroll is not a great striker, and he certainly isn't worth over 30m, but he can do a job, as we have seen at West Ham before he got injured, and seeing as you'd already paid crazy money to bring him to the club, sending him out on loan before you had secured if not a direct replacement, somebody with the same general job description, ie scoring goals, was complete and utter madness.

I guess if you were now lining up someone considerable better than Carroll to bring in, that may have made it make a tiny bit more sense, but none of the names being mentioned seem like much improvement over him, especially not when you consider that they will cost you millions more of outlay.

. We would be no better off now if Carroll had stayed, in fact we might be worse off.

You've lost me with that statement ! could you explain ?

WHU - 12 games - 1 goal - injured for 3 months.

LFC - 44 games - 6 goals - injured for 2 months?

A player who is unable to adapt to our playing style so you need to adapt the team's playing style to his limited strengths. A hinderance that could have cost us more points and slow the progression of adapting to BR's model.

Edited by BangrakBob

WHU - 12 games - 1 goal - injured for 3 months.

LFC - 44 games - 6 goals - injured for 2 months?

A player who is unable to adapt to our playing style so you need to adapt the team's playing style to his limited strengths. A hinderance that could have cost us more points and slow the progression of adapting to BR's model.

I think you could have still started making the progression of adapting to BR's model. Carroll would have been a good plan B for when things weren't working. Change things around and give the opposition a different sort of threat to worry about in the last 20 minutes for example. For goodness sake, you paid over 30m for the guy, and now you are saying not that he wouldn't improve the team, but that his mere presence makes the team worse. One h3ll of a buy eh.