Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Suarez cheatede and admitted it. We have all known this a long time, he goes down too easily.

I admire your candour but as far as everyone else is concerned, you need only back in this thread a couple of months to see that as far as us all knowing it is concerned, there were clearly those who didn't.. now they seem to, but still can't bring themselves to condemn or even criticise his actions.

truth is i am utterly past caring, it's mind-numbingly boring. england is the only country where this is even a debate. every other country and its league just takes it as part of the game. which clearly, whatever you argue, implies some degree of moral superiority. it's ridiculous.

suarez does what he has to do to try and win football matches. just like every, single other player. only in england bang on as if he's something akin to lance armstrong.

Boring yeah typical victims response,so what you are saying is because it is rife in Italy and other Euro leagues we should except it?.....and in the next breath you slag the FA off .....hypocrite of the highest order....nuff said ignore.

you are not invited to participate until you admit your players (past and present) are just as guilty, otherwise you will also need to admit to being a hypocrite. So put up or shut up

Edited by nellyp

snowing again in liverpool. hmmm.

No problem, they dress as if they're going mountaineering anyway.

Oh I forgot, the little darlings might slip.

Well that should start a whole new round of diving speculation, excuses, rationalising.

Suarez cheatede and admitted it. We have all known this a long time, he goes down too easily. So do far too many others for us to criticise it any more. Lets start a discussion about cheating defenders at corners...at least that would be a breath of fresh air, oh sorry i meant the stale stink of more cheating

I think your way off the mark..saying he goes down too easily???

I don't think so. i believe the modern generation do it consistantly, I do not believe he is the worst, even though castigated as being so. I do believe he does it though. I am proud to be able to say that he does not do it as much now (look at tonights game), but even if he never does it again, I cannot say he did not do it, and i won't say that.

Wasn't this the same team Robbie Fowler (unfortunate name in this context) played for when he remonstrated with the referee for giving him a penalty against Arsenal when he knew he had just fallen over and not been fouled?

Set that against the present shameful Liverpool Way about condoning cheating, as espoused on this board.

Presumably you think Fowler was a moron for his behaviour back then, or has the ethics of the team and the club changed?

• Like 1

I admire your candour but as far as everyone else is concerned, you need only back in this thread a couple of months to see that as far as us all knowing it is concerned, there were clearly those who didn't.. now they seem to, but still can't bring themselves to condemn or even criticise his actions.

truth is i am utterly past caring, it's mind-numbingly boring. england is the only country where this is even a debate. every other country and its league just takes it as part of the game. which clearly, whatever you argue, implies some degree of moral superiority. it's ridiculous.

suarez does what he has to do to try and win football matches. just like every, single other player. only in england bang on as if he's something akin to lance armstrong.

Funny you should mention Lance Armstrong. Just been reading through the thread on here about him, and was astonished by the number of people in states of varying degrees of denial about what he has done. Less so now of course that he has come out and admitted it all, but even before he did so, it was obvious to most of us that he wasn't clean, but many were desperate to offer excuses and justifications.

In light of recent misunderstandings about analogies, i suppose before i continue i should spell out that Armstrong's actions are actually crimes, in my book anyway, and Suarez's actions never have been - although some might call them "crimes" against football... wink.png

Seriously though, the reason i mention about Armstrong is because i believe there has likewise been a lot of denial going on with regards Suarez, particularly from those within the club, and it is this denial that creates, at least on forums like this, the constant circle of bickering. I appreciate how tiresome it can be for those constantly trying to defend him, and how they would dearly like to be discussing just about any other subject, but i think it is you guys who are mostly to blame for keeping the debate going round in circles.

When carmine mentioned earlier about how he was bothered by Fergie's touchline antics and the bullying of officials he is known to get involved in, i'm sure had i, or any other United supporter, come on here and responded with a lot of denials, excuses and justifications, stated how it was just a part of the game, how every single manager does all they can to win football matches, i'm quite sure there would have been a flurry of responses back at what a load of crap that was, and how Fergie was on a different level to all the other managers, and the back and forth bickering could have gone on for weeks. I didn't deny, excuse of justify his actions. I agreed his actions were wrong and i agreed that he shouldn't be able to get away with it. The debate ended. Nothing much more to discuss.

The concept of holding your hands up and recognising that your club has done something wrong, is a concept some people seem to struggle with. Denial seems the default response.

With Suarez, firstly there were the denials, excuses and justifications about his racial abuse.

After he was found guilty of it, there has amazingly been denial that he was found guilty. That one really amazed me. One thing to argue that he shouldn't have been found guilty, but to argue that he wasn't, that's just bizarre.

Then there were the denials, excuses and justifications about his diving. That went on for months, but even those most deeply in denial, were forced awake from their state after he performed one of the most ridiculous dives you'll ever see. But as quickly as these people were shaken from that denial, they seamlessly replaced that one with a list of new ones, such as:

"he is not the worst" - err, well in the Premiership, i rather think he is... who has been worse than him in the last six months?

"all cheating is exactly the same" - err, no it isn't, some has little effect on a game, some completely changes the outcome. No cheating of any kind should be allowed, but arguing that it is all exactly the same and that those people who get far more outraged at the guy who swan dives in the box after no contact, than they do the guy who claims a throw in that wasn't his, are hypocrites with a sneering superiority complex, is a complete nonsense, and to be frank, i think anyone who claims to feel exactly the same measure of annoyance at those two different types of cheating, when used against their own club, is lying.

"cheating and diving is part of the game" - err, no it isn't, just because it happens and just because players get away with it, doesn't mean it is supposed to happen. Not saying it can or ever will never be totally eliminated, but one thing is for sure, if we simply accept it, and if there is no outrage when cheating occurs, or, even worse, if there is actually praise for when cheating is done "well", cheating will become more and more prevalent.

In fairness, you don't all have your heads in the sand. Nellyp has been very honest about the situation and accepted that there is a problem with the player. He is quick to point out that Suarez's is far from being the only one and i have no problem with that. It's true. Many of them are at it. You won't see me defending any of them, not when it is blatant and repeated almost every game. And that goes for players at my club too. Ronaldo and Nani were terrible and the worst culprits at their own time. They received a lot of flack, not least on here, and at that time, i don't seem to recall anyone saying how they were past caring and how the topic was mind-numbingly boring, and how they would rather not talk about those players, but talk about ticket prices. I have no memory of that at all. I have memories of pretty much everyone chipping in week after week with comments about what <deleted> <deleted> they were. Nobody seemed to tire of the topic then. Seems attitudes rather change when it is your own player at the centre of it. Suddenly cheating becomes the most boring and unimportant issue there is. How terribly convenient.

Anyway, I have made a note about these views you hold of having no interest in talking about it, just in case at some future time when your club loses a game thanks to cheating, you forget your total disinterest in the topic, and start talking about it. wink.png

• Like 2

Funny you should mention Lance Armstrong. Just been reading through the thread on here about him, and was astonished by the number of people in states of varying degrees of denial about what he has done. Less so now of course that he has come out and admitted it all, but even before he did so, it was obvious to most of us that he wasn't clean, but many were desperate to offer excuses and justifications.

In light of recent misunderstandings about analogies, i suppose before i continue i should spell out that Armstrong's actions are actually crimes, in my book anyway, and Suarez's actions never have been - although some might call them "crimes" against football... wink.png

Seriously though, the reason i mention about Armstrong is because i believe there has likewise been a lot of denial going on with regards Suarez, particularly from those within the club, and it is this denial that creates, at least on forums like this, the constant circle of bickering. I appreciate how tiresome it can be for those constantly trying to defend him, and how they would dearly like to be discussing just about any other subject, but i think it is you guys who are mostly to blame for keeping the debate going round in circles.

When carmine mentioned earlier about how he was bothered by Fergie's touchline antics and the bullying of officials he is known to get involved in, i'm sure had i, or any other United supporter, come on here and responded with a lot of denials, excuses and justifications, stated how it was just a part of the game, how every single manager does all they can to win football matches, i'm quite sure there would have been a flurry of responses back at what a load of crap that was, and how Fergie was on a different level to all the other managers, and the back and forth bickering could have gone on for weeks. I didn't deny, excuse of justify his actions. I agreed his actions were wrong and i agreed that he shouldn't be able to get away with it. The debate ended. Nothing much more to discuss.

The concept of holding your hands up and recognising that your club has done something wrong, is a concept some people seem to struggle with. Denial seems the default response.

With Suarez, firstly there were the denials, excuses and justifications about his racial abuse.

After he was found guilty of it, there has amazingly been denial that he was found guilty. That one really amazed me. One thing to argue that he shouldn't have been found guilty, but to argue that he wasn't, that's just bizarre.

Then there were the denials, excuses and justifications about his diving. That went on for months, but even those most deeply in denial, were forced awake from their state after he performed one of the most ridiculous dives you'll ever see. But as quickly as these people were shaken from that denial, they seamlessly replaced that one with a list of new ones, such as:

"he is not the worst" - err, well in the Premiership, i rather think he is... who has been worse than him in the last six months?

"all cheating is exactly the same" - err, no it isn't, some has little effect on a game, some completely changes the outcome. No cheating of any kind should be allowed, but arguing that it is all exactly the same and that those people who get far more outraged at the guy who swan dives in the box after no contact, than they do the guy who claims a throw in that wasn't his, are hypocrites with a sneering superiority complex, is a complete nonsense, and to be frank, i think anyone who claims to feel exactly the same measure of annoyance at those two different types of cheating, when used against their own club, is lying.

"cheating and diving is part of the game" - err, no it isn't, just because it happens and just because players get away with it, doesn't mean it is supposed to happen. Not saying it can or ever will never be totally eliminated, but one thing is for sure, if we simply accept it, and if there is no outrage when cheating occurs, or, even worse, if there is actually praise for when cheating is done "well", cheating will become more and more prevalent.

In fairness, you don't all have your heads in the sand. Nellyp has been very honest about the situation and accepted that there is a problem with the player. He is quick to point out that Suarez's is far from being the only one and i have no problem with that. It's true. Many of them are at it. You won't see me defending any of them, not when it is blatant and repeated almost every game. And that goes for players at my club too. Ronaldo and Nani were terrible and the worst culprits at their own time. They received a lot of flack, not least on here, and at that time, i don't seem to recall anyone saying how they were past caring and how the topic was mind-numbingly boring, and how they would rather not talk about those players, but talk about ticket prices. I have no memory of that at all. I have memories of pretty much everyone chipping in week after week with comments about what <deleted> <deleted> they were. Nobody seemed to tire of the topic then. Seems attitudes rather change when it is your own player at the centre of it. Suddenly cheating becomes the most boring and unimportant issue there is. How terribly convenient.

Anyway, I have made a note about these views you hold of having no interest in talking about it, just in case at some future time when your club loses a game thanks to cheating, you forget your total disinterest in the topic, and start talking about it. wink.png

Excellent post mate but far to good for these scouse monkeys....you have to remember that in "self pity city" they have there own code of misconduct. wink.png

Edited by MrRed

Well that should start a whole new round of diving speculation, excuses, rationalising.

Suarez cheatede and admitted it. We have all known this a long time, he goes down too easily. So do far too many others for us to criticise it any more. Lets start a discussion about cheating defenders at corners...at least that would be a breath of fresh air, oh sorry i meant the stale stink of more cheating

I think your way off the mark..saying he goes down too easily???

There we go.... proof that it's not only a river in Egypt.

Excellent post mate but far to good for these scouse monkeys....you have to remember that in "self pity city" they have there own code of misconduct. wink.png

This is a terrible thing to say, and could be considered racist by many Liverpudlians. i suggest you retract it with an apology

Edited by nellyp

This is a terrible thing to say, and could be considered racist by many Liverpudlians. i suggest you retract it with an apology

I am so sorry Nelly if i upset any Liverpuddaliens people comparing them to our banana eating primates,i retract my statement with a full apology that i was wrong and ill informed.

The monkeys are indeed wiser as you will see below and the proverbial principle is quite relevant to the homo-scouse beliefs on the man? ape? Suarez.

The three wise monkeys sometimes called the three mystic apes, are a pictorial maxim. Together they embody the proverbial principle to "see no evil, wink.png hear no evil, wink.pngspeak no evil" wink.png

The three monkeys are Mizaru, covering his eyes, who sees no evil; Kikazaru, covering his ears, who hears no evil; and Iwazaru, covering his mouth, who speaks no evil. Sometimes there is a fourth monkey depicted with the three others; the last one, Shizaru, symbolizes the principle of "do no evil". He may be shown crossing his arms.

There are various meanings ascribed to the monkeys and the proverb including associations with being of good mind, speech and action. In the Western world the phrase is often used to refer to those who deal with impropriety by turning a blind eye!!!!! whistling.gif

• Like 1

Nice save Mr Red. Thanks for the apology. Any idea where the original monkies came from?

Obviously my guess would be Manchester. With fergaru covering his eyes, kickazaru (being cantona) covering his ears, and iwazuagoodaru (being Scoles) covering his mouth (unlikely)

Nice save Mr Red. Thanks for the apology. Any idea where the original monkies came from?

Obviously my guess would be Manchester. With fergaru covering his eyes, kickazaru (being cantona) covering his ears, and iwazuagoodaru (being Scoles) covering his mouth (unlikely)

Good guess....for proof of Mancunian roots you need look no further than King Monkeh himself

post-102811-0-74251400-1358696466_thumb.

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

And there's me thinking you where talking about Davy Jones biggrin.png

Seems we are close to signing Brazilian midfielder Philippe Coutinho is

From the Echo -

The Reds’ initial bid of 6million euros (£5million) was rejected by the Italian club but they are ready to increase that offer to push the deal through.Cash-strapped Inter are willing to sell the 20-year-old Brazil international, who has indicated he’s keen on a move to Anfield.

Liverpool are confident further negotiations this week will reach a successful conclusion and Coutinho is viewed as a hugely exciting talent.

Blessed with pace and technically gifted, the versatile youngster can play in central midfield, out wide or in the No 10 role as a second striker.

Boss Brendan Rodgers is keen to add to the £12million signing of striker Daniel Sturridge with at least two more new faces before the window shuts next week.

The arrival of Coutinho won’t stop Liverpool from looking to complete a deal for Blackpool winger Tom Ince - but only if the price is right.

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2013/01/21/philippe-coutinho-set-to-become-liverpool-fc-s-second-january-signing-100252-32642667/#ixzz2IbE2AHgz

intriguing one this, he looks a smashing talent. and it also looks like we've sorted out our transfer bidding a bit as well - instead of going in with stupidly high offers that clubs can't believe we're actually playing a bit of hardball and starting low. fingers crossed on this one.

• Like 1

From the Echo -

The Reds’ initial bid of 6million euros (£5million) was rejected by the Italian club but they are ready to increase that offer to push the deal through.Cash-strapped Inter are willing to sell the 20-year-old Brazil international, who has indicated he’s keen on a move to Anfield.

Liverpool are confident further negotiations this week will reach a successful conclusion and Coutinho is viewed as a hugely exciting talent.

Blessed with pace and technically gifted, the versatile youngster can play in central midfield, out wide or in the No 10 role as a second striker.

Boss Brendan Rodgers is keen to add to the £12million signing of striker Daniel Sturridge with at least two more new faces before the window shuts next week.

The arrival of Coutinho won’t stop Liverpool from looking to complete a deal for Blackpool winger Tom Ince - but only if the price is right.

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpool.../#ixzz2IbE2AHgz

Coutinho has done very little at Inter. Yes, only a baby, but I've never been much impressed. "Potential"-a french word meaning you ain't done shit yet.thumbsup.gif

From the Echo -

Coutinho has done very little at Inter. Yes, only a baby, but I've never been much impressed. "Potential"-a french word meaning you ain't done shit yet.thumbsup.gif

The latest Italian superstar for Liverpool eh?

When will you lot learn....? biggrin.png

From the Echo -

He's a kid who has played 5 leagues games for Inter this season. 16 appearances for Espanyol last season on loan as a 19 year old, scoring 5 goals in a team that finished 5 points above relegation. We'll see.

• Like 1

well i've learned that he's brazilian rather than italian smokie. wink.png

Blast! And cheaper than Damaio as well. Well researched Stevie....I just worry you'll end up with another dud like last time.

Your team needs the finished article rather than a risky 22 year old.....just my opinion.

got a bit of a repution dribbling and has some pace about him, perhaps rodgers is going to use him wide ? wasnt he gonna be the next brazilian wonder kid and inter paid 5?mil for him as a 16 year old? , seems rafa whilst at inter raved bout him and said he was inters future ,liverpool nipping tin whilst inter are in serious finacial restructuring ,sounds a good move and maybe he could prove 2 be a snip.

• Like 2

Blast! And cheaper than Damaio as well. Well researched Stevie....I just worry you'll end up with another dud like last time.

Your team needs the finished article rather than a risky 22 year old.....just my opinion.

you're going well smokes, Italian and now he's 2 years older biggrin.png

• Like 1

intriguing one this, he looks a smashing talent. and it also looks like we've sorted out our transfer bidding a bit as well - instead of going in with stupidly high offers that clubs can't believe we're actually playing a bit of hardball and starting low. fingers crossed on this one.

instead of going in with stupidly high offers

Like Sturridge, you mean?

Also, how much are the New Yanks prepared to spend to fund Liverpool's transfer policy this January? They deserve to be shredded on their signings, because of their inept performance in the summer. Most players cost a lot more in January than in the summer (eg Sturridge), and clubs are more desperate, and agents know it.

Edited by sharecropper

you're going well smokes, Italian and now he's 2 years older biggrin.png

Mere details. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Well researched!! It involves a quick browse on wikipaedia matesmile.png

He might be cheaper than Damiao but theres really no relevence is there. A striker top notch striker can score from the slightest of oppotunities and drag you out of the shit time and time again....ask Wenger last season and Fergie this one.

btw LFC fans, <deleted> is jamie Carragher bleating on about describing Gerrard as your best ever player. He isn't even better than Terry McDermott who played a similar position if my memory serves me well.......... which ofcourse it might not! Don't get me wrong i think Gerrard a very fine player and was world class but there are limits arn't there!

btw LFC fans, <deleted> is jamie Carragher bleating on about describing Gerrard as your best ever player. He isn't even better than Terry McDermott who played a similar position if my memory serves me well.......... which ofcourse it might not! Don't get me wrong i think Gerrard a very fine player and was world class but there are limits arn't there!

haven't read carragher's comments myself but there's definitely a very strong case for saying that gerrard is liverpool's best ever player, yeah. i know a lot of long-term reds who now think that. i think he's still second to kenny personally but he's definitely up there. and class as terry mac was gerrard's been in a different bracket. dalglish, gerrard, souness. those three followed closely by many, many other greats led by rush and barnes.

haven't read carragher's comments myself but there's definitely a very strong case for saying that gerrard is liverpool's best ever player, yeah. i know a lot of long-term reds who now think that. i think he's still second to kenny personally but he's definitely up there. and class as terry mac was gerrard's been in a different bracket. dalglish, gerrard, souness. those three followed closely by many, many other greats led by rush and barnes.

Well thats an interesting opinion. Problem for me discussing is my memory has faded and though not deny the case i certainly didn't realise he was rated that highly.

Shame he wasn't able to play more regularily in his best position then!

Well thats an interesting opinion. Problem for me discussing is my memory has faded and though not deny the case i certainly didn't realise he was rated that highly.

Shame he wasn't able to play more regularily in his best position then!

I thought Phil Neal was a better player.

Edit: Than McDermott I meant! As Stevie points out below that side was laced with class.

Edited by smokie36