Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

curbishly just lost all credibility with me. I have always though he was too biased agianst Liverpool but now he has gone nuts. How was the PENALTY against Struridge not given. He had both legs taken away while attacking in the box. I think it was more clear cut than the second (though that was also a penalty). The guy was trying so hard not to give a pen for handball and a rush of blood knocked Suarezes leg. I don't think Web wanted to give that either but knew he messed up on the first (falling back on the linesman again). I'm having a close look at Suarez tonight and think that he is going down sometimes but none so far with no contact, he is also not being given freekicks he should get.

Coutinhio looks interesting but needs to get into the game more. So far him and Enrique not working. Downing has improved but needs to go that bit further. looking forward to the second half and us pushing on against an, admittedly, weakened Swansea team.

I find it hard to believe that any team in the premiership would turn down the opportunity to have Suarez in their team. Liverpool far too confident Johnson trying to chip the goalie, from miles out.

I see you boys are still breathing our exhaust fumes, with games running out too, but surely our minds will be on the cup, or will they?

Minds definitely on the Cup and you got a 5-0 walloping for it..... that's half the goals you conceded all season in one match. Don't choke on the exhaust fumes on your way to Wembley thumbsup.gif

Edited by BangrakBob

Wonderful goal by Suarez, pure class.

That was sensational, having Sturridge as a strike partner gives Suarez so much more freedom to create absolute chaos in its most magical form, that was a televisual feast!

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

I see you boys are still breathing our exhaust fumes, with games running out too, but surely our minds will be on the cup, or will they?

Minds definitely on the Cup and you got a 5-0 walloping for it..... that's half the goals you conceded all season in one match. Don't choke on the exhaust fumes on your way to Wembley thumbsup.gif

Yes, we got a tanking, and I must say well done to the 'Pool. Unfortunately once the Swans team sheet was known, the result was pretty much sealed, God knows why we had to rest seven who played against QPR. There are no excuses. I did think the first pen was another dive but later we got away with a Bartley challenge that could well have been penalised - so it balances up. The season is not yet over though, and we shall have to see who is in Europe next season..

Edited by citizen33
  • Like 1

I have just spent most of te second half posting comments on the computer forum. They are very amused but wiped most of them off. I was way too excited to have 3 threads running at the same time. Suarez was brilliant again today. Him and Sturridge will rip teams apart. dare I say SAS, the only problem being keeping Suarez at LFC. That Brazilian guy (too many beers) looked great when he had the ball, just hope he is into looking for it as well as having it given to him. Swansea were well understrength, but it was the team we had to play. No way was Laudrup going to risk his main players to chase a game he didn't care about so we had won the game after 3-0.

Any Swansea supporter, or Welsh football supporter knows that a cup is worth more than an extra place or 2 in the league.. I am sure that Laudrup recognises that Swansea are not ready for europe and that if they get there they will only be weakened for the league. They need to concentrate on steady progression in the legue, and building towards a sustainable assault on the top 6 while being able to compete in Europe and the premiership in the same season

These are the posts that went onto the computer forum. probably not too interesting, but I made the effort once so I might as well stick them where they are supposed to go (up the detractors noses)

5-0 gotta be pleased. No real challenge from Swansea, but we did look very impressive in parts. Enriques goal was outstanding. We definitlely need 2 strikers as marking Suarez, though not easy, is too easy. This game has shown me that there is life in the old dogs yet. gerrard had agreat game,carragah looked comfortable. Once we were winning the game it was over. laudrup was never going to chase the game with players he was trying to protect. Expect comments abou a team understrength and they were but our players also played well. Again I thin curbishtwat has no idea. he was a crap manager and is now a crap commentator

Looking at the pens again we should ave had 3. People will say this was a bad move by Laudrup, believe me Swansea will prefer to win the Cup than be 1 place up in the league. laudrup must realise that Swansea are not ready to compete in Europe and the premiership, so why worry about getting up to 6th. Come on Swansea lets take the cup over the bridge.

Quote of the week

"Hi Michael what did you make of that"

"Yeah, it was a nightmare"

Gotta love him, he is class but will not last for many seasons at swansea

Just throwing this out there. there is talk about LFC going for Ashley Williams. After his book and comments about Suarez, do you think LFC should go for him to steady the defence ( I think he could fit), and upset Suarez, or think more for the future (i think Suarez will last 1 more season tops) and go for a more stable defence in the fiuteue.

Personally Williams gets on my tits (how old and how much football life has he had to write a book---pretentious <deleted>). But he could improve our defence, and i look to the future not toda

Yes, we got a tanking, and I must say well done to the 'Pool. Unfortunately once the Swans team sheet was known, the result was pretty much sealed, God knows why we had to rest seven who played against QPR. There are no excuses. I did think the first pen was another dive but later we got away with a Bartley challenge that could well have been penalised - so it balances up. The season is not yet over though, and we shall have to see who is in Europe next season..

I was surprised at the team sheet, could understand if you had a game in the mid-week but a full week off. Fair play to you anyway mate, good luck next weekend. Could be the first team to take the league cup out of England

Really disappointed with inconsistent form.

Would much rather have lost today, at least that would be consistent. :)

Hope we can have another great performance with lots of goals on Thursday! Will be a tough one to pull back.

Shame about Borini, he's had horrible luck his first season. I know he hasn't done amazingly well but I can barely remember the games when he was playing now, and with all the injuries I don't think you can judge his Liverpool career so far. Won't find a shortage of short-sighted muppets online demanding Borini OUT Rodgers OUT among others, though...

Wonderful goal by Suarez, pure class.

That was sensational, having Sturridge as a strike partner gives Suarez so much more freedom to create absolute chaos in its most magical form, that was a televisual feast!

Lots of people laughed when Liverpool paid 12 Mil for Sturridge.........try buying him now for that price.

It would be nice if Suarez stays as this looks like being one of the best partnerships in the league and Suarez can be amazing!

• Like 1

curbishly just lost all credibility with me. I have always though he was too biased agianst Liverpool but now he has gone nuts. How was the PENALTY against Struridge not given. He had both legs taken away while attacking in the box. I think it was more clear cut than the second (though that was also a penalty). The guy was trying so hard not to give a pen for handball and a rush of blood knocked Suarezes leg. I don't think Web wanted to give that either but knew he messed up on the first (falling back on the linesman again). I'm having a close look at Suarez tonight and think that he is going down sometimes but none so far with no contact, he is also not being given freekicks he should get.

Coutinhio looks interesting but needs to get into the game more. So far him and Enrique not working. Downing has improved but needs to go that bit further. looking forward to the second half and us pushing on against an, admittedly, weakened Swansea team.

Curbishly is a boring tw8t, spending his time kissing Redknapps arse and laughing at the inane unfunny quips from the big numpty that is Craig Burley.

i shouldn't worry about what he says mate, no one else does

Jellydog me old mate....not a bad debut that ey?

I didn't see the game but Coutinho played well, eh ? Scored a goal. Good for him, and maybe I was rash to doubt him. Time will tell !

To be honest, he only had a few flashes for his 60 minutes, but the goal was a good bit of football and well finished. Like you say time will tell.

Holy Sh*t balls what a goal!!! Suarez is unbelievable!!! 3-3!!! Come on lads!!!!!!!

Rued missed chances in the first game, and shouldo had a penalty tonight, maybe 2. Anyway played well tonight boys, and without Sturridge...well proud.

I might add...why the frig did BR make those changes when we were rolling on, tit!

Holy Sh*t balls what a goal!!! Suarez is unbelievable!!! 3-3!!! Come on lads!!!!!!!

Rued missed chances in the first game, and shouldo had a penalty tonight, maybe 2. Anyway played well tonight boys, and without Sturridge...well proud.

I might add...why the frig did BR make those changes when we were rolling on, tit!

Now I've got a drunk Ruski winding me up about the result......new I should have married Thai

I'm proud of the team for showing some fight, even though lost the tie. Only lost on away goals so it was pretty even overall. Think we lost it in the first leg, really. 'Bout time we showed some fightback like this.

Have to finish as high up as we can. If we can get 6th (obviously 5th would get Europa) we could maybe be in Europe again if the FA Cup final is contested between two teams who finish in the top 5 this season. That's the short way of saying it. You can see here:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/who-qualifies-to-play-in-europe/

Of course we'd all rather Champions League but I still like to see us at least in the Europa League. I know others disagree.

In any case, now all we have left is Premier League so hope we can go on a nice winning streak!

Edited by Jimjim

I'm proud of the team for showing some fight, even though lost the tie. Only lost on away goals so it was pretty even overall. Think we lost it in the first leg, really. 'Bout time we showed some fightback like this.

Have to finish as high up as we can. If we can get 6th (obviously 5th would get Europa) we could maybe be in Europe again if the FA Cup final is contested between two teams who finish in the top 5 this season. That's the short way of saying it. You can see here:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/who-qualifies-to-play-in-europe/

Of course we'd all rather Champions League but I still like to see us at least in the Europa League. I know others disagree.

In any case, now all we have left is Premier League so hope we can go on a nice winning streak!

I know what you mean about wanting to see your team play in europe. But speaking purely pragmatically, unless your squad is beefed up considerably i think its too big an ask to expect Rodgers to sustain of top four league challenge, take the FA cup seriously and go for the europa. Three years ago i felt Spurs could mount a top four challenge and we just succeeded but at the expense of the europa which, at the time, was the correct decision by Redknapp. If we hadnøt used the europa to play the youngsters and rest the first team top four would have been beyond us.

All that said and we still had a stronger squad than the one left to Rodgers.

Well played last night btw, sounded like a proper cup tie.

Is there anything of more importance to LFC right now than holding on to your best asset? It must be right up there, and I don't think the result last night bodes very well with regards that, firstly, because i think your best asset will be getting increasingly frustrated with going another year trophy-less, and secondly, because your best asset showed on the international stage and to all the other clubs around the world, what amazing quality he possesses, if they didn't know already.

I think now for sure, you're going to have a massive fight on your hands come summer. Good luck with that, and from a purely selfish point of view, i sincerely hope you win. wink.png

• Like 1

Is there anything of more importance to LFC right now than holding on to your best asset? It must be right up there, and I don't think the result last night bodes very well with regards that, firstly, because i think your best asset will be getting increasingly frustrated with going another year trophy-less, and secondly, because your best asset showed on the international stage and to all the other clubs around the world, what amazing quality he possesses, if they didn't know already.

I think now for sure, you're going to have a massive fight on your hands come summer. Good luck with that, and from a purely selfish point of view, i sincerely hope you win. wink.png

You know what Rix, with the slightest of adjustments you could post this on the Spurs thread aswell!biggrin.png

You know what Rix, with the slightest of adjustments you could post this on the Spurs thread aswell!biggrin.png

Indeed mate.

With regards that adjustment, yes, it should read: good bad luck with that, and from a purely selfish point of view, i sincerely hope you win we pinch him off you. biggrin.png

he appears to be happy and settled on merseyside but as you say he'll also want to be challenging for trophies. and he's frankly too good to not be playing at the very top level, i.e. regularly in the champions league. think we can expect big bids for him in the summer and it's going to be very hard to hang on to him.

top european transfer targets this summer are going to be suarez, cavani, neymar, falcao, bale. not sure what our owners or our club could do to stop suarez wanting to go if a big bid came in from barca or madrid or whoever.

top european transfer targets this summer are going to be suarez, cavani, neymar, falcao, bale. not sure what our owners or our club could do to stop suarez wanting to go if a big bid came in from barca or madrid or whoever.

Yep, and Man City would be completely crazy not to throw themselves into the mix on that one too. They can offer at least as much money as anyone else, and he doesn't even have to move home. Guarantees of silverware may be less solid, but i'm sure they can handsomely remunerate for that risk. How important is money versus trophies? And how important is club loyalty versus personal career goals? All to be revealed...

Yep, and Man City would be completely crazy not to throw themselves into the mix on that one too. They can offer at least as much money as anyone else, and he doesn't even have to move home. Guarantees of silverware may be less solid, but i'm sure they can handsomely remunerate for that risk. How important is money versus trophies? And how important is club loyalty versus personal career goals? All to be revealed...

yeah this is it. he loves it at liverpool but he also doesn't seem particularly money-motivated. so he'll want to start playing against the top sides in the biggest competition and at least challenging for, if not winning, the biggest trophies. i'm bracing myself for a difficult summer really. would be gutted to lose him when we've just got hold of sturridge and coutinho and the prospect of a really brilliant front three.

could watch this all day.

iS70udWseW9Z0.gif