Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

A past quote from Rodgers:

Of course Luis wants to work and play at the top level. But unless something drastic happens, he will be staying here.

biggrin.png

Brendon really shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a microphone should he!!

Liverpool FC v Thailand Match - great goals to see for a bit of fun/friendly.

Had a blast over the 2 days.

Took my Mrs to her first Liverpool game (in fact her first game of any sort)

She made a banner 'Suarez Stay With Us' after standing in the rain in the training session he came over and signed it (was a cool moment) he smiled, thumbs up. We then posted the Banner on Twitter and got tons of followers - Mr Transfer Gossip himself IndyKaila retweeted it so everyone thinks he's signed a contract to stay tongue.png

Amazing attitude and work rate from him in training and Coutinho can really play !

I met Ian Rush and D Haman on stage at Central World, after winning a quiz, they signed my hat and some small talk (top blokes) then saw Daniel Agger, Rodgers and co on the team bus stuck in Bangkok traffic on the way home - got a thumbs up from them.

Some images on my past 2 days smile.png

http://imgur.com/a/lsu6b

Why would you want him to stay facepalm.gif did you not do better without him last season thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

She made a banner 'Suarez Stay With Us' after standing in the rain in the training session he came over and signed it (was a cool moment) he smiled, thumbs up. We then posted the Banner on Twitter and got tons of followers - Mr Transfer Gossip himself IndyKaila retweeted it so everyone thinks he's signed a contract to stay tongue.png

Amazing attitude and work rate from him in training and Coutinho can really play !

I met Ian Rush and D Haman on stage at Central World, after winning a quiz, they signed my hat and some small talk (top blokes) then saw Daniel Agger, Rodgers and co on the team bus stuck in Bangkok traffic on the way home - got a thumbs up from them.

Why would you want him to stay facepalm.gif did you not do better without him last season thumbsup.gif

I was hoping he stayed so Bale went to Madrid instead biggrin.png

• Like 1

actually alfie I'mnot sure which will be more irratating him staying and the scoucers doin a u'ey and him walking on water AGAIN or him leaving and them whinging bout how the papers have massively wronged them AGAIN !

• Like 1

I was hoping he stayed so Bale went to Madrid instead biggrin.png

Me too

What do we think about this apparent Reina ousting? He did give great service and loyalty for 8 years, maybe it could have been handled better? At the same time he would be wearing a Barca shirt now if Vic hadn't have done a u-turn.

What do we think about this apparent Reina ousting? He did give great service and loyalty for 8 years, maybe it could have been handled better? At the same time he would be wearing a Barca shirt now if Vic hadn't have done a u-turn.

To be fair to Rodgers Bob it seems he saw something he didn't like in Riena's little digs to get a move to Barca and given the chance he has got rid of him,let's only hope more players take heed or there clubs do the same and get rid of at the next opportunity....well done to Brenda!

And in Mignolet you have a more than adequate keeper with prem experience.

What is the lad ipsa? like the new striker?

Edited by MrRed
  • Like 1

To be fair to Rodgers Bob it seems he saw something he didn't like in Riena's little digs to get a move to Barca and given the chance he has got rid of him,let's only hope more players take heed or there clubs do the same and get rid of at the next opportunity....well done to Brenda!

And in Mignolet you have a more than adequate keeper with prem experience.

What is the lad ipsa? like the new striker?

MrRed, I tend to agree, some halfwits on twatter going on about him being hard done by, but I don't think Rodgers had a choice to but to act on his apparent exit, tough for you if it doesn't work out. Team comes first, I'm not sure what Reina expected considering the circumstances. I'm sure if he didn't want an exit we could have given him a send off when we decided to let him go, but it was his choice initially.

Yep Mignolet I'm more than happy with.

I think the Apas lad is going to surprise a few people, good movement, nice footwork and can score goals. Only thing is he looks a bit under weight, but was hard to tell if that would be an issue yet.

• Like 2

I think that is your problem Bob especially up front you have a few lightweights don't you in Coutinho,Sterling,Sturridge and this new lad,in midfield Allen is also in need of a few steaks.

Could be very easily bullied against a strong powerful Hammers or the Stoke.

Still Stevie G will be there and you will need a big season from him i think to get into the top four placings.

I think that is your problem Bob especially up front you have a few lightweights don't you in Coutinho,Sterling,Sturridge and this new lad,in midfield Allen is also in need of a few steaks.

Still Stevie G will be there and you will need a big season from him i think to get into the top four placings.

Although not that well built, Coutinho seems to have some strength and I'm sure they'll work on bulking him up, still young. I think Sturridge has enough about him. Sterling still a wiper snapper but he looks to have filled out a bit, but a way to go. Yeah Allen, particularly in the position he plays.

Some muscle and some height to go with it wouldn't go astray, you could see that last season. No point whipping crosses in if you haven't the physic to get on the end of it. All season long I never got excited about corners as we just were not a threat. The squad overall is on the light side.

I think we need a big season from SG just to stay where we are at the moment, I'm not sure if he's got it in him. If we can rely less on him, and take the pressure off a bit we will get more out of him. Too much for too long I think has taken it's toll.

I think Coutinho is going to be the man this season, and then he'll be of to La Liga for some stupid fee next year biggrin.png

Although not that well built, Coutinho seems to have some strength and I'm sure they'll work on bulking him up, still young. I think Sturridge has enough about him. Sterling still a wiper snapper but he looks to have filled out a bit, but a way to go. Yeah Allen, particularly in the position he plays.

Some muscle and some height to go with it wouldn't go astray, you could see that last season. No point whipping crosses in if you haven't the physic to get on the end of it. All season long I never got excited about corners as we just were not a threat. The squad overall is on the light side.

I think we need a big season from SG just to stay where we are at the moment, I'm not sure if he's got it in him. If we can rely less on him, and take the pressure off a bit we will get more out of him. Too much for too long I think has taken it's toll.

I think Coutinho is going to be the man this season, and then he'll be of to La Liga for some stupid fee next year biggrin.png

No mention of Suarez facepalm.gif it's like he's not there laugh.png

Don't be a girl Alfie....he won't be just like your main man won't be.

Liverpool get Mr Ed's tip for top four!!

They must be guttedbiggrin.png

btw, why are football fans still going on about players be "too light wait" for the premier league? That notion is absolute <deleted> Ed

Don't be a girl Alfie....he won't be just like your main man won't be.

Your probaly right Red but the difference will be about 50m biggrin.png

btw, why are football fans still going on about players be "too light wait" for the premier league? That notion is absolute <deleted> Ed

Love your rebuttal Carms, if I were a judge I would through this argument out the court room after hearing that wink.png

Seriously though, how can a player not be "too light wait" for the premier league? Surely a lad that weighs 60 odd kilos getting out muscled and falling over a lot because of contact needs a few bowls o' Betty's Hot Pot?

Love your rebuttal Carms, if I were a judge I would through this argument out the court room after hearing that wink.png

Seriously though, how can a player not be "too light wait" for the premier league? Surely a lad that weighs 60 odd kilos getting out muscled and falling over a lot because of contact needs a few bowls o' Betty's Hot Pot?

We can all take weights to extreme i suppose Bob. A skinny 50 kilo 5'2" thai might be lightweight i agree. How many do you know that weigh 60 kilos playing in europe.

A 110 kilo russian might be a bit heavy and slow too but that is a bit extreme too.

I am ofcourse referring to players such as Modric, Zola, originally regarded by our all knowing all seeing football media as too lightweight to cut it in the premier league

Edited by carmine

We can all take weights to extreme i suppose Bob. A skinny 50 kilo 5'2" thai might be lightweight i agree. How many do you know that weigh 60 kilos playing in europe.

A 110 kilo russian might be a bit heavy and slow too but that is a bit extreme too.

I am ofcourse referring to players such as Modric, Zola, originally regarded by our all knowing all seeing football media as too lightweight to cut it in the premier league

Silva has not done badly either. I still think a little bulk helps, but having a big heart makes up the difference.

All the above players mentioned were just small and i wouldn't say particularly lightweight either,what i was referring to is the skinny boys who need a little bulking out similar to United's young gun Jacuzzi who impressed against the lightweight Asians biggrin.png

To be clear Messi is small but most defo not a lightweight thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

good idea this, am pleased the club is doing it.

though why the mail feels the need to blur out some of the terms but not others is beyond me. but then it is a vile, hypocritical, despicable rag of an excuse for a newspaper.

All the above players mentioned were just small and i wouldn't say particularly lightweight either,what i was referring to is the skinny boys who need a little bulking out similar to United's young gun Jacuzzi who impressed against the lightweight Asians biggrin.png

To be clear Messi is small but most defo not a lightweight thumbsup.gif

Yeah this is the type of player I am talking about, the ones that look like they'd get blown over in a strong wind, Apsas does look like that. The likes of Messi, Zola and Modric have good low central of gravity, a strong core and lower body with strength in balance.

So what's up with Sturridge then? Assuming you buy biter 2 to play with biter 1, what will become of Sturridge? Is he a really odious person? I only ask because his goal rate for you guys is pretty good and they include goals against us, united and City. At Bolton he played well, at Chelsea he wasn't bad at all, especially as we played him on the wing a lot of the time. I know he can be selfish, but he does score and I think he gave you 5 assists last year as well. So why is he not a first choice striker?