Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I can remember when Liverpool were just an ordinary team, then along came Shankly, now there was a manager and some other good ones followed afterwards but for over 20 years Liverpool have been in the doldrums, now after 3 matches and 3 wins, top the league, confidence is high and it looks better than hoped for, it will interesting to see how things look at Christmas. This season before the kick off, I would have said top 4 same again, even though Spurs and Liverpool have spent a lot, it takes a lot get there, with the good start maybe Luis will feel heartened but where do you play him and who do you leave out from a winning side?

As ever every season is different, but never dull and its good that there are 6 or 7 aiming for the top 4.

Over 20 years in the doldrums includes 2 European cup finals in the last 8 years. Including Istanbul. Think your memory is getting a bit selective in your old age are kid. ;-)

I can remember when Liverpool were just an ordinary team, then along came Shankly, now there was a manager and some other good ones followed afterwards but for over 20 years Liverpool have been in the doldrums, now after 3 matches and 3 wins, top the league, confidence is high and it looks better than hoped for, it will interesting to see how things look at Christmas. This season before the kick off, I would have said top 4 same again, even though Spurs and Liverpool have spent a lot, it takes a lot get there, with the good start maybe Luis will feel heartened but where do you play him and who do you leave out from a winning side?

As ever every season is different, but never dull and its good that there are 6 or 7 aiming for the top 4.

Over 20 years in the doldrums includes 2 European cup finals in the last 8 years. Including Istanbul. Think your memory is getting a bit selective in your old age are kid. ;-)

I think the point nong was making Stevie is that Liverpool FC have not won the league for nigh on 24 years thumbsup.gif

Suarez will come in for Aspas ,I'm 99.9% sure of that .The front three/four will be very fluid,with them pulling defenders left ,right & deep at will.

Bloody hell how old are you if you remember before shankly arrived??whistling.gif

Don't lets go down the nostalgia road please, I was only a kid but remember the great Billy Liddell

billy_liddell.JPG

Suarez will come in for Aspas ,I'm 99.9% sure of that .The front three/four will be very fluid,with them pulling defenders left ,right & deep at will.

Bloody hell how old are you if you remember before shankly arrived??whistling.gif

Well I remember the Mersey beat era, it was a time when people looked to see how Liverpool had done because of the connection. Before Shankly Liverpool were jsu an average club, sorry if that upsets anyone and I am not a Liverpool supporter by the way, but, when he arrived things changed, whata manager, shrewd and great motivational skills. I did see some of the team of the time play, usually at Forest as I lived in Norfolk at the time, so I do remember they were a formidable outfit, but no excuse for beating Forest in Nottingham!

Well I remember the Mersey beat era, it was a time when people looked to see how Liverpool had done because of the connection. Before Shankly Liverpool were jsu an average club, sorry if that upsets anyone and I am not a Liverpool supporter by the way, but, when he arrived things changed, whata manager, shrewd and great motivational skills. I did see some of the team of the time play, usually at Forest as I lived in Norfolk at the time, so I do remember they were a formidable outfit, but no excuse for beating Forest in Nottingham!

You're not a geography scholar either lad 5555! Norfolk and Nottingham may both start with an N but they are nowhere near each other!

:(

i'm pretty sure i never saw batman sink his teeth into the joker's arm. the little <deleted> has got a lot of apologising to do and a lot of amends to make. so just want to see him get his head down and get on with playing football.

sad.png

i'm pretty sure i never saw batman sink his teeth into the joker's arm. the little <deleted> has got a lot of apologising to do and a lot of amends to make. so just want to see him get his head down and get on with playing football.

me too, but i will not be happy if our supporters go against him, he'll have enough on his plate with the mancs. Will Sturrige be out?

You're not a geography scholar either lad 5555! Norfolk and Nottingham may both start with an N but they are nowhere near each other!

If you lived in West Norfolk Wilai, NFFC would have been the closest First Division side (when words had their basic meaning and did not have to be dressed up by pverpaid marketing consultants) of any moment during long periods of the second half of the 20th Century. Without looking up a map Nottingham may even be closer to Norwich than is London.

[it goes without saying that no self-respecting football fan in Norfolk would count Ipswich as a 'side of any moment'tongue.png ]. I think I was the only person on the planet has supported both Norwich City and Ipswich Town at the same time (late 60's/early 70's) and lived to tell the tale - notoriously loose football tart that I am.

Old bugger who has also lived in Norfolk.

sad.png

Me too, but I will not be happy if our supporters start to get on his back. he needs to buckle down to prove he wants to play. Will Sturrige be out?

I can remember when Liverpool were just an ordinary team, then along came Shankly, now there was a manager and some other good ones followed  afterwards but for over 20 years Liverpool have been in the doldrums, now after 3 matches and 3 wins, top the league, confidence is high and it looks better than hoped for, it will interesting to see how things look at Christmas. This season before the kick off, I would have said top 4 same again, even though Spurs and Liverpool have spent a lot, it takes a lot get there, with the good start maybe Luis will feel heartened but where do you play him and who do you leave out from a winning side?

Excellent post. Break a leg Liverpool! :P

sad.png

Me too, but I will not be happy if our supporters start to get on his back. he needs to buckle down to prove he wants to play. Will Sturrige be out?

Sturridge should be OK and given our lack of European football we should field a strong XI against them.

And the fans have already cheered Suarez so he'll get the usual backing. Just needs to knuckle down now.

When you sit back and think about it, what has Suarez done that has been so bad ? Granted he's a bit of a nut, but as far as biting Ivanovic, Ivanovic is a big dude who won't get out of your way. There are only a few options if you want him out of your way, biting is one of them. Que sera sera. And Evra ? Racial abuse is a very bad thing but Evra is a whinging <deleted> and always has been. Verbally abusing him (not racially) should be every footballers god given right.smile.png

• Like 2

HT: Peru 0 Uruguay 1......Our Red Knight won and converted a penalty, then got kicked in the arse and a Peruvian was sent off in the ensuing melee. Another quiet day in the life of little Luis!!! Not a bad game actually. Expect more fireworks 2nd half!

Finished 2:1. Great free kick from Farfan..... Cavani = £55m, Monkey = £85m to £100m?............Our little wee <deleted> = £Priceless!!!!

is the link here that Bale, Cavani and Suarez all tried desperately hard by whatever means to force a transfer but Suarez is the odd man out for not getting away with it?

biggrin.png

• Like 1

OK we need to change this to the Suarez thread, or it will die a death, Just like united and Evertonwink.png

Ha ha. You should work in marketing...

I reckon the top six now will be the top six (in a different order) at the end of the season, perhaps with Everton taking Liverpool's place and you finishing seventh.,,,

OK we need to change this to the Suarez thread, or it will die a death, Just like united and Evertonwink.png

Ha ha. You should work in marketing...

I reckon the top six now will be the top six (in a different order) at the end of the season, perhaps with Everton taking Liverpool's place and you finishing seventh.,,,

And they say Liverpool fans are delusional...