Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

OK we need to change this to the Suarez thread, or it will die a death, Just like united and Evertonwink.png

Ha ha. You should work in marketing...

I reckon the top six now will be the top six (in a different order) at the end of the season, perhaps with Everton taking Liverpool's place and you finishing seventh.,,,

And they say Liverpool fans are delusional...

Apropos of which, I had to laugh when I saw this in the Mail today:

They're unbeaten at the top, with bragging rights over United and Suarez still up their sleeve. So, can Liverpool really mount a title challenge... or is top six just upside down?
Liverpool
Arsenal
Tottenham Hotspur
Manchester City
Manchester United
Chelsea

Any news on the extent of coutinho's injury? Think we would have won if stayed on the park this morning.

out until the end of <deleted> october. our luck with injuries so far this season has already been shocking.

at least suarez is back available next week. so that's something. question is who to play against saints at the weekend? perhaps young alberto in as a straight swap for coutinho.

Any news on the extent of coutinho's injury? Think we would have won if stayed on the park this morning.

out until the end of fuc_king october. our luck with injuries so far this season has already been shocking.

at least suarez is back available next week. so that's something. question is who to play against saints at the weekend? perhaps young alberto in as a straight swap for coutinho.

Jesus well this will test if our depth has good enough quality!

A stoke-like back four from us today. What a strange lineup. Hope it works!

It ain't working so far, I know Johnson is injured, but where is Enrique. We need more going on down the flanks, and we need to remember we're the home team here and start getting at them. I haven't seen Moses before but he looks good to me. Just give him the ball more, and Saints will start to unravel at the back.

Edited by nellyp

A stoke-like back four from us today. What a strange lineup. Hope it works!

It ain't working so far, I know Johnson is injured, but where is Enrique. We need more going on down the flanks, and we need to remember we're the home team here and start getting at them. I haven't seen Moses before but he looks good to me. Just give him the ball more, and Saints will start to unravel at the back.

Enrique's obviously not as match fit as the manager would like.

As the commentator said, Soton pressing high up stopping Liverpool building from the back as much as poss.

I'm enjoying this one. Liverpool playing some nice football and Soton well organized, certainly no pushover.

You are missing Coutinho though arn't you.

I'm enjoying this one. Liverpool playing some nice football and Soton well organized, certainly no pushover.

Me too. Still think Sturridge is too greedy. Plenty of times he could and should have laid the ball off but didn't.

I agree, and I think Sterling needs to sort out his first touch, it's crap.

Whoops, some serious issues at the back for Liverpool, and Gerard, Sturridge and Sterling not anywhere near their best. Kop started clearing out before the 90 mins. Good for Spurs though, scousers gonna be fighting 7th - 4th spot me thinks.

Whoops, some serious issues at the back for Liverpool, and Gerard, Sturridge and Sterling not anywhere near their best. Kop started clearing out before the 90 mins. Good for Spurs though, scousers gonna be fighting 7th - 4th spot me thinks.

Back to normal me thinks ian, fighting for 6th or 7th whistling.gif

Well we know what half baked fans think and newspapers write to sell, but between you and me sharecropper we ain't finishing 7th and you won't be finishing in front of us this season.

BangrakBob - I hear you might be signing the Greek Lad, I think his name's Hubris in January...

• Like 1

Well we know what half baked fans think and newspapers write to sell, but between you and me sharecropper we ain't finishing 7th and you won't be finishing in front of us this season. 

BangrakBob - I hear you might be signing the Greek Lad, I think his name's Hubris in January...

Bit early for the night of the long knives....made me laugh tjough!

• Like 1

Sturridge showed why he's still got some haters around. Talented kid but he can be frustrating. Definitely missing Coutinho. Moses with a great first step and quickness, but then....

Edited by jellydog

Sturridge showed why he's still got some haters around. Talented kid but he can be frustrating. Definitely missing Coutinho. Moses with a great first step and quickness, but then....

Last I heard you were putting the negative Sturridge talk down to bitterness.

Last I heard you were putting the negative Sturridge talk down to bitterness.

Given the volume level, bite and bile of said bitterness I plead guilty. I never said Sturridge was perfect, just not the anti Christ.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the game from a neutrals perspective. Entertaining game and i was very impressed with Southampton and the managers strategy.

Liverpool clearly miss Coutinho and were also rather exposed at left and right back which seeing the teamsheet came as little surprise. However, back it goes to squad depth with Rodgers saying he had to make do with what he's got. Reckon Liverpool might have equalized if Sturridge had crossed from the right rather than make a goal attempt. You had atleast one player totally unmarked. That said, Southampton are a very decent side that i'm not quite so happy to play now having watched that game.

Not a bad time for Suarez to return.

glad you enjoyed it carmine, i bloody didn't. worst we've played since hodgson that, absolutely diabolical. southampton played well and credit to them but we didn't half play into their hands.

four centrebacks thing didn't work. we were way too deep. gerrard was a passenger. mignolet is a great shotstopper but his distribution, particularly under pressure, needs a lot of work. there was no width right from the off - not surprising with two career centrebacks at fullback - and so we just had no options when trying to attack saints.

very few positives out of that. none, in fact. and as you say, good time for us to have suarez back available. brendan needs to answer a few questions after that mess.

Edited by StevieH
  • Like 1

glad you enjoyed it carmine, i bloody didn't. worst we've played since hodgson that, absolutely diabolical. southampton played well and credit to them but we didn't half play into their hands.

four centrebacks thing didn't work. we were way too deep. gerrard was a passenger. mignolet is a great shotstopper but his distribution, particularly under pressure, needs a lot of work. there was no width right from the off - not surprising with two career centrebacks at fullback - and so we just had no options when trying to attack saints.

very few positives out of that. none, in fact. and as you say, good time for us to have suarez back available. brendan needs to answer a few questions after that mess.

"he's a horrible little nurk and i wouldn't be too upset if steven gerrard broke his legs in training. (quote...Stevieh)

Good job Gerrard couldn't catch him then eh! 55555

I thought Liverpool were shocking. Even having Suarez back wouldn't help, such was the dearth of decent openings created.

I think Liverpool fans need to start realising the Rodgers is not capable of making the step up, even if you do throw money and players at him.

Southampton could have won this by three or four if Suarez was playing for them.

I thought Liverpool were shocking. Even having Suarez back wouldn't help, such was the dearth of decent openings created.

I think Liverpool fans need to start realising the Rodgers is not capable of making the step up, even if you do throw money and players at him.

Southampton could have won this by three or four if Suarez was playing for them.

About the shocking bit, i don't think it should come as any great surprise. When we played them, they snatched a goal in the first few minutes and then did didley squat for the rest of the game. Now you can, and i'm sure some Liverpool fans will, argue that as they ended up taking all three points, it was a tactical master-stroke, but i think the success of spending a game defending for 85 minutes comes down to a degree of luck, and i would question a team that has top four aspirations playing that way, especially when playing at home.

About the shocking bit, i don't think it should come as any great surprise. When we played them, they snatched a goal in the first few minutes and then did didley squat for the rest of the game. Now you can, and i'm sure some Liverpool fans will, argue that as they ended up taking all three points, it was a tactical master-stroke, but i think the success of spending a game defending for 85 minutes comes down to a degree of luck, and i would question a team that has top four aspirations playing that way, especially when playing at home.

The shocking bit can't be denied, but you need to live with the fact that we beat you, and saying all we did was defend in the game (apart from 5 minutes ) is ridiculous. Anyway, I too question my own team, I was disapponited with the way we played, and the team picked....especially as it was a home game. We need to have the balls to think we are going to beat teams like the Saints, even with players out, if we think we can get up to forth. My own opinion is tainted by the fact that I've only watched this game so far, but it was very disappointing

The shocking bit can't be denied, but you need to live with the fact that we beat you, and saying all we did was defend in the game (apart from 5 minutes ) is ridiculous. Anyway, I too question my own team, I was disapponited with the way we played, and the team picked....especially as it was a home game. We need to have the balls to think we are going to beat teams like the Saints, even with players out, if we think we can get up to forth. My own opinion is tainted by the fact that I've only watched this game so far, but it was very disappointing

There you go, first one this season biggrin.png

I desire to GET UP TO THE TOP, not just 4th, and am stating something we need to get there. What is this tedious prattle you love about 4th? Is it because your lot have been there and above so infrequently? coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I desire to GET UP TO THE TOP, not just 4th, and am stating something we need to get there. What is this tedious prattle you love about 4th? Is it because your lot have been there and above so infrequently? coffee1.gif

My tedius prattle facepalm.gif your the ones who keep prattling on about 4th and i'm just bringing it too peoples attention whistling.gif

My tedius prattle facepalm.gif your the ones who keep prattling on about 4th and i'm just bringing it too peoples attention whistling.gif

you do sound daft with this though alfie. liverpool fans have forgotten more about european cup competition and qualification than spurs fans will ever know. so us wanting to get back into a competition we've won five times and associate with some of the best nights in the club's history is hardly surprising is it?

• Like 1