Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I don't think he would after all it is the Carling Cup and historically we have used it to play youngsters and fringe players,there will be maybe 8 changes to the team from Sunday i would think and Hernandez and Wellbeck should be good enough.

Should be good enough for what? Not to lose more than 1-0 again? wink.png

Along with "this is the toughest CL group we've ever been in" to the continuing embarrassing suggestions about his fixture list conspiracy, your manager has now said Utd fans should prepare for "more blows" this season!! Perhaps he thinks you are going down again tonight?

Jesus, more and more evidence that Moyes is struggling. The poor record is one thing, but the woe is me mentality is quite another. Why doesn't he just announce that the team is shit and it might take him a year to get things right (sarcasm)? This is no way to rally the troops and no wonder United looked like a pack of wounded dogs against City.

You know SAF is having some major second thoughts about now. Can you imagine him talking for public consumption about "more blows" ?! Not in a million years.

ferguson used to do similar but it was always to create a siege mentality and to get a positive reaction out of his players. and also to influence referees and administrators of the game of course, all of whom were terrified of him. moyes just sounds peevish though, like some kid who has been told that he has to do his homework screaming 'it's just so unfair' at his parents.

• Like 1

I don't think he would after all it is the Carling Cup and historically we have used it to play youngsters and fringe players,there will be maybe 8 changes to the team from Sunday i would think and Hernandez and Wellbeck should be good enough.

Should be good enough for what? Not to lose more than 1-0 again? wink.png

Along with "this is the toughest CL group we've ever been in" to the continuing embarrassing suggestions about his fixture list conspiracy, your manager has now said Utd fans should prepare for "more blows" this season!! Perhaps he thinks you are going down again tonight?

Jesus, more and more evidence that Moyes is struggling. The poor record is one thing, but the woe is me mentality is quite another. Why doesn't he just announce that the team is shit and it might take him a year to get things right (sarcasm)? This is no way to rally the troops and no wonder United looked like a pack of wounded dogs against City.

You know SAF is having some major second thoughts about now. Can you imagine him talking for public consumption about "more blows" ?! Not in a million years.

ferguson used to do similar but it was always to create a siege mentality and to get a positive reaction out of his players. and also to influence referees and administrators of the game of course, all of whom were terrified of him. moyes just sounds peevish though, like some kid who has been told that he has to do his homework screaming 'it's just so unfair' at his parents.

A better description than mine Stevie. "Peevish", yes, absolutely. SAF would be shaking his fist whereas Moyes would be walking away with his head down. My impression so far.

I would have thought Liverpool fans would have been more sympathetic to Moyes's plight. They know all about new managers coming in, stepping up a level, and admittedly whilst Liverpool aren't in United's league, Rodgers has so far performed well for you, and when things go wrong (like against Southampton) you don't all call for his head (yet).

• Like 2

4th.... more like 6th, depending on the biter though. If he comes back hungry who knows how long the next suspension will be. The Kop emptying before the final whistle was notable! And Southampton were not that good frankly.

Here we go " Polly wanna a cracker? Liverpool 4th" 4th 10th 7th 1st what's the point at this stage. You lot managed a late winner against a promoted side. So what we had a <deleted> game" that is football. The boss had the balls to try to make do with injury issues it didn't work. We learnt our reliance on the Brazilian maestro is to heavy and we didn't have a contingency to counter his injury! We didn't have the pounds or pull in the market like your lot did. We will work with what we have and if we can keep our best 11 fit and on the park we will beat anyone including your 100 million upgrade.

Btw the Kop don't walk, look forward to seeing you on the park

Thats easy to say knowing that the chances of ever playing your strongest 11 are slim, but in case you do this has been noted ! rolleyes.gif

4th.... more like 6th, depending on the biter though. If he comes back hungry who knows how long the next suspension will be. The Kop emptying before the final whistle was notable! And Southampton were not that good frankly.

Here we go " Polly wanna a cracker? Liverpool 4th" 4th 10th 7th 1st what's the point at this stage. You lot managed a late winner against a promoted side. So what we had a <deleted> game" that is football. The boss had the balls to try to make do with injury issues it didn't work. We learnt our reliance on the Brazilian maestro is to heavy and we didn't have a contingency to counter his injury! We didn't have the pounds or pull in the market like your lot did. We will work with what we have and if we can keep our best 11 fit and on the park we will beat anyone including your 100 million upgrade.

Thats easy to say knowing that the chances of ever playing your strongest 11 are slim, but in case you do this has been noted ! rolleyes.gif

True Alfie and after 5 games it's already a disaster injury wise and our weakness in depth was ever present against the saints at home facepalm.gif I hope we are all fit when the time comes or I'm sure this post will be kindly resurfaced by your good self wai2.gif

anyway the red knight our weee <deleted> is back tonight and that is a nice start to recovery

True Alfie and after 5 games it's already a disaster injury wise and our weakness in depth was ever present against the saints at home facepalm.gif I hope we are all fit when the time comes or I'm sure this post will be kindly resurfaced by your good self wai2.gif

anyway the red knight our weee <deleted> is back tonight and that is a nice start to recovery

Why would you want him back, according to your good self you have a better record when he doesn't play facepalm.gif

Why would you want him back, according to your good self you have a better record when he doesn't play facepalm.gif

He adds a bit of bite.

• Like 2

bloody silly statistics wink.png I've got a full boner already and there is still an hour to go biggrin.png

Be wary of a new Sunderland today.... They could well stick it up you!

They'll be sticking it up themselves if they turn up today...

Interesting game for a neutral..... Good luck!

my point was we play them tomorrow fella, but appreciate the well wishes ;)

Looking forward to your match tonight, great full evening of footy

Be wary of a new Sunderland today.... They could well stick it up you!

They'll be sticking it up themselves if they turn up today...

my point was we play them tomorrow fella, but appreciate the well wishes ;)

Lol nice one.... Yup got your point..... Now!

Yeah, a great weekend of football. Hope I can stay awake for the Swansea match.... But I suspect LEO will get me by midnight.

• Like 1

spot the deliberate mistake in the irish times predicted line-ups.

993415_10151926353678554_444119032_n.jpg

Bless the dutchman! there in memory....

This is a potentially tough one for Liverpool and i don't envy you. If the feeling towards the mad italian was anything to go by the players are going to want to go out and prove a point. Could be a real scrap this one!

• Like 1

This is a potentially tough one for Liverpool and i don't envy you. If the feeling towards the mad italian was anything to go by the players are going to want to go out and prove a point. Could be a real scrap this one!

i sincerely wish kuyt was in our squad today. and every week really.

it is a tricky one this - player power got rid of the fascist, so the players should be up for proving why they were right to rebel. proving a point as you say. and this is one of those matches where a yarddog like lee cattermole traditionally plays like some weird pirlo/makelele hybrid against us. and some unknown forward has the game of his life while the goalkeeper plays like gordon banks. yes, i'm talking about you kevin lisbie and jurgen macho.

am hoping suarez has a blinder and just takes them apart. we're going to be setting up weird though, possibly three at the back, and it'll not give us much rhythm as a result. fingers crossed. we need the win after losing two on the bounce.

i sincerely wish kuyt was in our squad today. and every week really.

it is a tricky one this - player power got rid of the fascist, so the players should be up for proving why they were right to rebel. proving a point as you say. and this is one of those matches where a yarddog like lee cattermole traditionally plays like some weird pirlo/makelele hybrid against us. and some unknown forward has the game of his life while the goalkeeper plays like gordon banks. yes, i'm talking about you kevin lisbie and jurgen macho.

am hoping suarez has a blinder and just takes them apart. we're going to be setting up weird though, possibly three at the back, and it'll not give us much rhythm as a result. fingers crossed. we need the win after losing two on the bounce.

Agree mate and a world class player is the sort that swings these games as long as the rest are prepared to get stuck into the scrap that i think this will be.

Big game this for you and one that will give you very good momentum if you win it because they are not a bottom of the league side i would want to play right now.

• Like 1

0-5 and top of the league. With a reality check I will be happy with a one goal winning margin, as I think this will be a scrap. Personally I would like some physicality in the middle, and If I see Allen anywhere near this game I'm gonna kick the TV. A great game for Henderson to show he can get up for a fight. We need to approach it as they will, first to every ball and snapping like terriers to get the ones back that we lose. One good thing about the situation is that they will want to win today, which will leave more room for us to attack. Come on you reds.

P.S. I am in Bkk and have Sun satellite in my room, does anybody know if they have football on? I have brought my true sat box with me and set it up for the kids, and it is a lot of hassel to put the Sun back running if there's no Footie

I just had a look at our bench. Wow I am well happy with our squad, top quality at the peak of their careers. Seriously though, looking at that won't send shivers down many spines, looking forward OK but for now we need more players who have been there and done it before if we are gonna get in the top (nearly alfie...nearly).