Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I am in no way trying to stir things up here but if Suarez continues to play anything close to as good as that then Liverpool fc could find themselves embroiled in a very difficult january transfer window.

If he plays like that you can almost afford to concede a couple every game.

what makes you say that? we were able to turn down the offers for him in the summer so i'd hope/expect we'll be able to do the same in january. and he appears to have accepted all of his toys back into his pram.

Best pairing in the PL at the moment and Liverpool are looking really good.

alan hansen disagrees with you. on last night's MOTD he said van persie and rooney were better.

I respect his opinion, even if it's wrong.

hansen's been phoning it in for years. loved him as a player but as a pundit he's a lazy get. not a lawrensonesque gobshite though at least.

well we'll have to see. if he keeps this form up then his value continues to go up and someone will have to offer 70m to get him. which i don't see any club, even madrid, doing in january.

basically we need to give him a new contract really. for how good he is in the world football ranking etc, he's not on a comparable salary.

I don't see a January transfer, particularly if we are still in the hunt and as you say his value keeps on rising. Henry already proved his metal in this regard.

Whether we get top 4 or not I still think he MIGHT leave in the summer, if Madrid can afford him. I don't see him playing for likes of Monaco or PSG.

Still in the hunt for what ?

I don't know a couple of goals in open play against Hull at home?

Maybe I'm being optimistic and should just pray for a soft arse penalty

Strange answer to my question facepalm.gifbiggrin.png

I think you may find that a panel of judges would not give you a like for this rubbish either:rolleyes: . He's been with you for a year has he? Perhaps it's his fault that you are one loss away from a possible 15th position in the league:thumbsup: . Personally I would blame kagawa, such a great player letting the team down like he has. Its a bit strange that such a great player can't get in the manu (I almost said team) bunch, but Gerrard gets to captain England.

I actually don't think Gerrard is the greatest player in the history of Liverpool, and many of our supporters wouldn't; but is he the most influential? I think he probably is.

P.S. I see your ex is still showing his class...not:coffee1:

Getting confused here chaps. Isn't wilai one of your own? What's all this talk about him being one of ours?! Edited by rixalex

^Bahahaaahaaalaugh.png

Struggle to break open a paper bag that lot wink.png

I agree with you Bob yet were three points off the top and not playing very well.

If we start playing well we should leave you lot for dust then shouldn't wewink.png

I agree, but to be fair Saturday was the first time we have played well for 90 minutes too!

well we'll have to see. if he keeps this form up then his value continues to go up and someone will have to offer 70m to get him. which i don't see any club, even madrid, doing in january.

basically we need to give him a new contract really. for how good he is in the world football ranking etc, he's not on a comparable salary.

I don't see a January transfer, particularly if we are still in the hunt and as you say his value keeps on rising. Henry already proved his metal in this regard.

Whether we get top 4 or not I still think he MIGHT leave in the summer, if Madrid can afford him. I don't see him playing for likes of Monaco or PSG.

I don't mind saying it Alfie, we know it is what you want to hear. In the hunt for a champs league place. I have said since before the season started that I think we will challenge for a champs league place this season. I think our form since Coutinho and Sturridge have come in has been well within the top 4 places. I have no reason to change my prediction now. I am not getting carried away, I am certainly not saying we will get a top 4 place but I do think we will be in the mix late in the season. That will certainly be progress and I will be more than happy with that.

Regarding Saturday, was very pleased to see us play well for the full 90 minutes.

YB

I don't mind saying it Alfie, we know it is what you want to hear. In the hunt for a champs league place. I have said since before the season started that I think we will challenge for a champs league place this season. I think our form since Coutinho and Sturridge have come in has been well within the top 4 places. I have no reason to change my prediction now. I am not getting carried away, I am certainly not saying we will get a top 4 place but I do think we will be in the mix late in the season. That will certainly be progress and I will be more than happy with that.

Regarding Saturday, was very pleased to see us play well for the full 90 minutes.

YB

To be fair YB, it's not the case of what i want to hear, i was just asking BB a question as i wasn't too sure what he actually meant, after all there could be several answers of which only he will know !

^Bahahaaahaaalaugh.png

I agree with you Bob yet were three points off the top and not playing very well.

If we start playing well we should leave you lot for dust then shouldn't wewink.png

Hmmm it could be 9 points off the top if not for penalties, but granted you have the points.

IF you start playing well I doubt you will be leaving us for dust Carms. We've lost 1 in 17 league appearances, and are playing well.

YB

To be fair YB, it's not the case of what i want to hear, i was just asking BB a question as i wasn't too sure what he actually meant, after all there could be several answers of which only he will know !

Your arse!!

YB

Your arse!!

Well BB, i'm not that sort of guy but i'm sure your find someone on here who is smile.png

^Bahahaaahaaalaugh.png

Hmmm it could be 9 points off the top if not for penalties, but granted you have the points.

IF you start playing well I doubt you will be leaving us for dust Carms. We've lost 1 in 17 league appearances, and are playing well.

Yes you are playing very well at the moment and i enjoy watching you.

I do feel though if your target of top four (yes Alfie, i said itbiggrin.png ) is to be achieved your defense needs to tighten up because right now i'd fancy most top teams to open you up. On the flip side i don't think any defense would relish playing the Suarez/Sturridge partnership right now. I'm kind of hoping Sturridge goes off the boil by the time we meet. The again Suarez might try and eat the ref, head but the opposition manager and get banned

Edited by carmine

I do feel though if your target of top four (yes Alfie, i said itbiggrin.png ) is to be achieved your defense needs to tighten up because right now i'd fancy most top teams to open you up. On the flip side i don't think any defense would relish playing the Suarez/Sturridge partnership right now. I'm kind of hoping Sturridge goes off the boil by the time we meet. The again Suarez might try and eat the ref, head but the opposition manager and get banned

Yeah I'm really not sure about this 3 at the back against a top team, I think we could get slaughtered on the counter. It may be a tactic to finish off lesser teams. Will be interesting to see how we line up next week with Coutinho back.

Suarez is a reformed man we won't be seeing any of that malarky again whistling.gif

• Like 2

Bahahaaahaaalaugh.png

Apparently Carms, it wasn't what Alfies asking to hear. Looks like I am not the only one who thought it was. smile.png

Totally agree. We also need to tighten up considerably on set pieces.

Bahahaaahaaalaugh.png

Apparently Carms, it wasn't what Alfies asking to hear. Looks like I am not the only one who thought it was. smile.png

To be fair YB, i wasn't asking to hear anything, i just asked a simple question expecting a simple answer but it wasn't forthcoming, anyway being as you keep harping on about it, i actually thought that BB meant winning the title when he said,

if we are still in the hunt

which although it is similar it is not the same as saying finishing in the top 4.

Strange that everyone is so touchy on this thread when i have a pop about the top 4facepalm.gif still at least it doesn't get mentioned every week being as it only gets spoke about when you have a good win, should imagine your be having a week off next week whistling.gif

Bahahaaahaaalaugh.png

To be fair YB, i wasn't asking to hear anything, i just asked a simple question expecting a simple answer but it wasn't forthcoming, anyway being as you keep harping on about it, i actually thought that BB meant winning the title when he said,

which although it is similar it is not the same as saying finishing in the top 4.

Strange that everyone is so touchy on this thread when i have a pop about the top 4facepalm.gif still at least it doesn't get mentioned every week being as it only gets spoke about when you have a good win, should imagine your be having a week off next week whistling.gif

don't think we're touchy because you "have a pop" alfie, but more likely because the way you do it is so <deleted> boring and pointless. liverpool fans have forgotten more about the 'top four', playing in the european cup and actually winning the european cup than you can ever hope to know, of course we want to be back amongst it. so it's just bloody tedious, unfunny and dull hearing you bang on about it really mate.

• Like 2

Bahahaaahaaalaugh.png

Even if we loose next week, I will still believe we will be 'in the hunt' for it.

P.s Being a spurs fan you should know that being 'in the hunt for it' and finishing in the top 4 is definitely not the same thing.......ha ha......whistling.gifwhistling.gif

• Like 1

don't think we're touchy because you "have a pop" alfie, but more likely because the way you do it is so <deleted> boring and pointless. liverpool fans have forgotten more about the 'top four', playing in the european cup and actually winning the european cup than you can ever hope to know, of course we want to be back amongst it. so it's just bloody tedious, unfunny and dull hearing you bang on about it really mate.

Yes, you had your days, but thats all in the past, days long gone ( i doubt if YB was even born then ), get over it and everyone wants to be amongst it but what other team harps on about it everytime they have a good win like you lot ? oh sorry i forgot your differentlaugh.png

Edited by alfieconn

Even if we loose next week, I will still believe we will be 'in the hunt' for it.

P.s Being a spurs fan you should know that being 'in the hunt for it' and finishing in the top 4 is definitely not the same thing.......ha ha......whistling.gifwhistling.gif

We certainly know more about being in the hunt for it in recent years than yourselves biggrin.png

We certainly know more about being in the hunt for it in recent years than yourselves biggrin.png

My point exactly! biggrin.png

Yes, you had your days, but thats all in the past, days long gone ( i doubt if YB was even born then ), get over it and everyone wants to be amongst it but what other team harps on about it everytime they have a good win like you lot ? oh sorry i forgot your differentlaugh.png

Yes wasn't born.

Come to think of it, I do remember at night in 2005 when I was just legal to buy a pint and we won the Champions league!

YB

• Like 2

Liverpool was fantastic against West Brom in their 4-1 victory, and suarez was top of his game scoring a hat-trick. They should be finish in the top 4 this season.

long way to go yet, but fingers crossed and one game at a time eh?

suarez could have had four or five and it wouldn't have flattered him.

Liverpool was fantastic against West Brom in their 4-1 victory, and suarez was top of his game scoring a hat-trick. They should be finish in the top 4 this season.

But you were talking about top 4 last season and probaly the season before and look where you ended up, never heard of the old saying "under promise and over achieve" thumbsup.gif

But you were talking about top 4 last season and probaly the season before and look where you ended up, never heard of the old saying "under promise and over achieve" thumbsup.gif

There are 6 teams trying to get into 4 places, don't get carried away. Let's get to the latter stages challenging and see what happens. Whatever happens no one, not even Alfie, can deny that we are progressing under Rodgers.

You certainly didn't hear me talking about top 4 over the last couple of season.

YB

There are 6 teams trying to get into 4 places, don't get carried away. Let's get to the latter stages challenging and see what happens. Whatever happens no one, not even Alfie, can deny that we are progressing under Rodgers.

You certainly didn't hear me talking about top 4 over the last couple of season.

YB

To be fair YB your a relative newbie so it obviously wasn't you !

Posted 2011-10-02 17:44:24

Liverpool's start to the season is in many respects better than it looks.

We have had 4 'tough' away fixtures this year Arsenal, Stoke, Everton and Spurs (winning two and losing two). In last seasons match equivalents we lost three and drew one. If you add the fact that we won at Wolves at home this year (lost last year) our match equivalent progress is running at +8 for the season. That is not bad after 7 games. If we achieve +12 for the entire 38 games, we will make 70 points which will, almost certainly, be enough for fourth. At +8 we are joint leader in the PL on a match equivalent basis with Newcastle.

Anyway i have sussed out whats happening with you lot, you are working on the theory that you talk about top 4 every season knowing eventually you will get in the top 4 even if it's 15 years time and then that season your be spot on laugh.png

Don't get me wrong Yb most supporters have an opinion on weather their team will finish in the top 4, but with most of you bindippers it's flip flopping, win 2 games on the trot,you talk about top 4, lose a couple, no mention, have a good win, back on the top 4 subject again facepalm.gif

I might even start calling you lot the "flipfloppers" instead of the "bindippers" biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn