Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Pretty much the same view as you have. The " nobody is bigger than the club" thing is all well and good but I think the club played it smart. Telling a player he's not going anywhere especially to a rival like arsenal but on the other hand knowing deep down he's our only world class player and we want to hang onto him, at least till the summer.

I do believe he will stay IF we manage a top 4 finish though.

As for his attitude, only time will tell. One thing is for sure, he gives 100% every game. Remember his celebration v Zenit........love him for that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Telling a player he's not going anywhere especially to a rival like arsenal for 41m, nothing like missing an important part off a statement biggrin.png

Everyone knows what was offered ,£40m + £1 what are you trolling for?Longstebe missed nothing ,you did ,unlucky !

If an outsider looked at Longs post without knowing the full story then he would have thought that Suarez was not for sale at any price, the amount i put was incidental, anyway he wouldn't have gone to the Arse for 41m but certainly 50m !!!!

Facts Alredo ...<deleted> facts ,I thought we where talking in facts.Now it's incidental ? <deleted> .Jog on you mug

• Like 1

Pretty much the same view as you have. The " nobody is bigger than the club" thing is all well and good but I think the club played it smart. Telling a player he's not going anywhere especially to a rival like arsenal but on the other hand knowing deep down he's our only world class player and we want to hang onto him, at least till the summer.

As for his attitude, only time will tell. One thing is for sure, he gives 100% every game. Remember his celebration v Zenit........love him for that.

Telling a player he's not going anywhere especially to a rival like arsenal for 41m, nothing like missing an important part off a statement biggrin.png

Everyone knows what was offered ,£40m + £1 what are you trolling for?Longstebe missed nothing ,you did ,unlucky !

If an outsider looked at Longs post without knowing the full story then he would have thought that Suarez was not for sale at any price, the amount i put was incidental, anyway he wouldn't have gone to the Arse for 41m but certainly 50m !!!!

You are the only outsider dear d!ckhead,

If you are talking about the summer transfer saga - I only see that as a positive for our club. We stood our ground, the owners backed the manager and we showed we have the clout to hang on to one of the best strikers on the planet without European football.

We weren't discussing the club or their actions over the summer, we were discussing the player and his actions over the summer.

That's why i said, can't believe how quick you are to gush over a player who did what he did to your club a few short months ago, and not can't believe how quick you are to gush over a club that did what it did to you a few short months ago.

I don't know if mm meant he is a "model-pro" more that he is behaving like one….at the moment.

I daresay even Joey Barton could be called a model pro if we were to carefully select a small sliver of a window in his career.

For me the label model pro is used for players who behave in this way for, if not their entire career, the vast majority of it, not for a few weeks of one season.

You said what "he did to your club" that infers he did something to damage our club which is why I asked you the question which you didn't answer. That is why I offered a reply assuming that is what you meant.

So what did Suarez actually do over the summer? He wanted champions league at Madrid, so what? All the Arsenal <deleted> was wind and piss to get a move to Madrid but they weren't forthcoming. I don't see what the big deal is as far as his actions are concerned, no transfer request was submitted, never mind twice.

I didn't say he was a model pro so no point discussing it. I will keep on supporting Suarez as long as he is playing beautiful football and banging in goals. He is one of the best of our times and his football outshines the rest of it, and I will keep on gush gush gushing in awe as long as he is in a red shirt!

Madrids target was always Bale as shown by their relentless pursuit. Suarez is currently a better player but four years older i believe. They probably felt Bale was a better investment. Either way, i doubt your owners would have refused 60m from Madrid or Arsenal if it was on the table and to be fair, Suarez is hardly a youngster in footballing terms and wants CL football. Liverpool's going in the right direction but questionable whether you are moving fast enough for him to fulfill his CL dreams.

If Liverpool do make the top four then FSG might still think its time to cash in if the right offer came in, and pending on the amount given to reinvest, and the progress shown by the like of Coutinho&co Rodgers might not be averse to the idea. I very much doubt Suarez cares where he plays providing its one of the other big clubs. Starting to look like a win win for Liverpool as i see it.

Arsenal believe their last bid will ultimately be accepted, but Rodgers countered: “If Arsenal want the player [suárez], then they have to produce the value for the player,” Rodgers said. “There was an offer a few weeks ago of £35 million and two weeks later it is now £40 million and £1. I don’t think it is anywhere near the value of what he is worth.

Flipfloppers, is that facts enough for ya ?

Edited by alfieconn

You said what "he did to your club" that infers he did something to damage our club which is why I asked you the question which you didn't answer. That is why I offered a reply assuming that is what you meant.

It doesn't infer anything of the sort. That is your own interpretation. What he tried to do was <deleted> the club over. He failed and made a tit of himself in the process. The fact that you now feign ignorance of what he did, shows that we truly have come full circle with some Liverpool supporters. Almost right back to the T-Shirt printing days... in fact, judging from comments made the other day on here about being willing to suck the man off.. to an even sicker extreme. But go back a few weeks and this is the sort of thing being said:

he did it before to force through a move from groningen to ajax. he's a horrible little nurk and i wouldn't be too upset if steven gerrard broke his legs in training.

I hope he chokes on his next chivito.

he can piss off and find a club willing to pay £56m for him then pack his stuff and do one. want him gone now but not on the cheap. and as for this poor me poor me what a terrible life i lead, it's nauseating. like ronaldo with the 'slave' nonsense. the sad photo one the front of today's guardian sport is just pathetic.

So what did Suarez actually do over the summer? He wanted champions league at Madrid, so what? All the Arsenal <deleted> was wind and piss to get a move to Madrid but they weren't forthcoming. I don't see what the big deal is as far as his actions are concerned, no transfer request was submitted, never mind twice.

You told us yourself at the time why a transfer request was not submitted, and it had nothing to do with wanting to stay at the club.

Apparently Suarez would lose £5M if he submitted a transfer request

Stevie, one of the few who isn't currently acting like a fawning teenage girl at the feet of Justin Bieber, summed up well how things stood towards the end of the summer window, with regards this saga. You ask what he did to the club. This is it. Did it end up hurting the club? No. Thank goodness, for once, a club came out on top after one of these ridiculous player/agent challenges in which they make themselves out to be the victim. Bravo to Liverpool for standing up to this crap:

don't agree the player has the upper hand at all devil. a few points:

1. suarez now wants liverpool to honour this supposed gentleman's agreement but he's happy to dishonour his own, 4-year, legally-binding £120k per week one? OK.

2. the club has been consistent in its line from day one on this - the clause is not what suarez and his agent appear to think it is. therefore if someone wants to buy him, they pay the market rate. which is bids starting at £55m.

3. the press around this is all coming from suarez's end - so i don't see how that gives him the upper hand. he's bound to liverpool by a contract he signed, six months ago he did a press interview about how happy he would be to stay at liverpool next season even without champions league football - he's all over the place. now his agent is panicking and fanning these LFC-broke-its-promise flames because his agent doesn't want to admit he ballsed up on the contract clause that his client then signed.

4. there's actually nothing new in this interview other than him saying publicly what he and his agent and the club already knew - so how does he benefit from this? he just makes himself look a tit - which is of course something else we already knew.

club needs to stay strong on this and not get done over on the fee. problem suarez now faces is that aside from arsenal it's looking quite likely that nobody else wants to sign him or can afford him.

• Like 1

Who was getting sucked off?

Excuse me, can you explain?

No.

OK. All sounds very mature i must say...facepalm.gif

MM said he would like to suck Suarez off if he continues to perform well biggrin.png

He keeps banging them in.

I think it was a figure of speech term used in Liverpool for being content with a goal scoring centre forward...i don't know!! tongue.png

• Like 1

MM said he would like to suck Suarez off if he continues to perform well biggrin.png

I think it was a figure of speech term used in Liverpool for being content with a goal scoring centre forward...i don't know!! tongue.png

I'm not homophobic but i just think the continuing reference to gay sex acts in out of place on the football forum.

Perhaps i'm just old fashionedbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Banging what in, and to whom? I'm starting to lose track of what going on!!

MM said he would like to suck Suarez off if he continues to perform well Posted Image

I think it was a figure of speech term used in Liverpool for being content with a goal scoring centre forward...i don't know!! Posted Image

Ha ha nice one mate.

It doesn't infer anything of the sort. That is your own interpretation. What he tried to do was <deleted> the club over. He failed and made a tit of himself in the process. The fact that you now feign ignorance of what he did, shows that we truly have come full circle with some Liverpool supporters. Almost right back to the T-Shirt printing days... in fact, judging from comments made the other day on here about being willing to suck the man off.. to an even sicker extreme. But go back a few weeks and this is the sort of thing being said:
well if you had answered the f_cking question in the first place instead if sounding off like cock-sure ignoramus we could have ended this boring conversation 3 posts ago. So again I have highlighted the reasoning behind my comment and highlighted your reply..thanks for telling me what I told you!!!!

"feign ignorance" get off your horse. "almost right back to the T-shirt printing days" You really do sound like a toffee nosed limp wrist with your arrogant snipping bitchy comments and <deleted> stop quoting other people's comments and bringing random sound bites that have nothing to do with my opinion!

This really is a ridiculous, pointless conversation, you latched on to a comment with the name Suarez in it and as usual turn it back to the Evra incident, truly pathetic. Now you go ahead and have last word, we know this will never end until you get it!

Deary me, what a hissy fit that was. Have i caught you at the wrong time of the month, or are you always this jumped up and aggressive?

Anyway, putting all the tourettes outbursts from that post to one side, can't really fathom what you are saying or how any of it relates to the point i was making. Certainly what i said had nothing whatsoever to do with the Evra incident. For you to think that shows how far beyond any rational or logical thought process you have gone. No point discussing things further.

MM said he would like to suck Suarez off if he continues to perform well Posted Image

I think it was a figure of speech term used in Liverpool for being content with a goal scoring centre forward...i don't know!! Posted Image

I'm not homophobic but i just think the continuing reference to gay sex acts in out of place on the football forum.

Perhaps i'm just old fashionedPosted Image

Better a lick than a bite......fark where is mah coat....?

I'm up for a bit of Bookaki from the whole squad if we get champions league football next season!!!

Come on wink.png ..., messy mate, that is just messy. And I'm not talking about a great footballer.

Edited by nellyp
  • Like 1

Deary me, what a hissy fit that was. Have i caught you at the wrong time of the month, or are you always this jumped up and aggressive?

Anyway, putting all the tourettes outbursts from that post to one side, can't really fathom what you are saying or how any of it relates to the point i was making. Certainly what i said had nothing whatsoever to do with the Evra incident. For you to think that shows how far beyond any rational or logical thought process you have gone. No point discussing things further.

Thank God for that. These references back and forth get right on my nerves. My opinion changes day to day as I receive information, please don't go searching for past posts that will mean nothing to me today. yesterday i didn't like cake, today i have discovered I like blueberry dunking donuts; who would have believed it

When i said, "no point discussing things further", i meant specifically with members here who can't do so without name-calling fits and tantrums. That's all.

As for what gets on your nerves and the things you don't want posted, do you not think that you post things from time to time that get on other people's nerves? Do you not think there are things that you post that other people would prefer you to not? Are you going to change the way you post because someone else tells you they don't like it, or because they call you a cock sure limp-wristed pathetic ignoramus?

I think chances are we all get on each others nerves from time to time. Post things that annoy each other. Think it is something we have to live with on an open and public forum, providing a degree of civility and mutual respect is maintained beneath the banter.

• Like 1

Thank God for that. These references back and forth get right on my nerves. My opinion changes day to day as I receive information, please don't go searching for past posts that will mean nothing to me today. yesterday i didn't like cake, today i have discovered I like blueberry dunking donuts; who would have believed it

When i said, "no point discussing things further", i meant specifically with members here who can't do so without name-calling fits and tantrums. That's all.

As for what gets on your nerves and the things you don't want posted, do you not think that you post things from time to time that get on other people's nerves? Do you not think there are things that you post that other people would prefer you to not? Are you going to change the way you post because someone else tells you they don't like it, or because they call you a cock sure limp-wristed pathetic ignoramus?

I think chances are we all get on each others nerves from time to time. Post things that annoy each other. Think it is something we have to live with on an open and public forum, providing a degree of civility and mutual respect is maintained beneath the banter.

you forgot toffee nosed and I forgot patronizing condescension

• Like 1