Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

gotta love clean sheets

Phew ...,weathered their good play first half but fantastic to take back control. Important save from Mig that first half.

Good tactical change at half time, better shape and limited their width.

Suarez was untouchable today - World Class.

• Like 1

Another good win that. Didn't watch it so can't comment but the result is a very good result. We were beaten there last year, well beaten.

Regarding Lucas coming back, I am not sure what I would do at the moment but a friend of mine was saying he wouldn't bring him back in because we are playing so well. Interesting.

YB

Liverpool playing well. No so long ago it was talk of top 4. Now it is the title and rightly so.

we're still a chihuahua in a horse race. or something.

brilliant win that, real proper job. southampton played well, had their moments, we still knew how to change it up with sterling coming on and second half we were excellent. best the defence have played in ages too. a lovely rare clean sheet.

Southampton still exposed your defensive frailities especially in the first half

on another day could have scored a few.

If your defence can tighten up for the remaining 10 games then they have a good shout

for the title, but that's a big "if"

Liverpool playing well. No so long ago it was talk of top 4. Now it is the title and rightly so.

brilliant win that, real proper job. southampton played well, had their moments, we still knew how to change it up with sterling coming on and second half we were excellent. best the defence have played in ages too. a lovely rare clean sheet.

Southampton still exposed your defensive frailities especially in the first half

If your defence can tighten up for the remaining 10 games then they have a good shout

they're a really good side, we expected them to. on the other hand, we could have scored five or six and apart from them hitting the post through lallana we had the much better, clearer chances.

our defence probably is too inconsistent and error-prone to win the title this season, agreed. but on the other hand we could just keep outscoring everyone. . .

they're a really good side, we expected them to. on the other hand, we could have scored five or six and apart from them hitting the post through lallana we had the much better, clearer chances.

our defence probably is too inconsistent and error-prone to win the title this season, agreed. but on the other hand we could just keep outscoring everyone. . .

Well, if you can make 2nd, there is every chance you can just go up one more spot........it's not as if you're

miles away.......2nd isn't exactly bad at this stage of the season you know.

There is a good arguement for any of the top 4 to take it.

Chelsea have the easiest run in, in theory.

Liverpool don't have any other game distractions.

Arsenal can take points off everyone.

City, well, City are City.

• Like 1

Well, if you can make 2nd, there is every chance you can just go up one more spot........it's not as if you're

miles away.......2nd isn't exactly bad at this stage of the season you know.

it's march and we're still in the mix. it's much, much more than anyone could have expected at the start of the season. i still think one of chelsea or city should win it because of their enormous resources and squad depth - but if we just keep scoring goals at the rate we are, who knows?

From what I've seen, it's not just the goals you score but the chances you create (and blow).

Put away a few of those and I think you have every chance. But regardless, CL spot is looking a done deal and hopefully that will keep Suarez at Anfield.......what a player!

• Like 1

There is a good arguement for any of the top 4 to take it.

Chelsea have the easiest run in, in theory.

Liverpool don't have any other game distractions.

Arsenal can take points off everyone.

City, well, City are City.

Liverpool also play Chelsea and Man City at Anfield in April.

Those two games are now 6 pointers! and could very well

determine who takes the title.

Live from Aintree:

" Two furlongs left to run and we have....The Chav in the blue colours leading by a length from Le Arse and Shankly's Boy making a strong run

on the inside. The Sheik is tucked in behind looking ominously comfortable. Hotspur in the sheepskin noseband leads the chasing pack with Moyesies Ex ( sired by The Chang and wearing the distinctive double elephant livery) and Squeeky Bum a distant 7th.

In the stands, The Chav's trainer is doing a remarkably good impression of the twitching Harry Redknapp, and Brown Ale's trainer is head butting the plate glass of the owners' box. The Russian, American and Arab owners appear unmoved.

Back to the race...just under two furlongs to go. The Chav leads; dark and intense, eyes focussed on the winning line. All he needs now is for his mount to turn on the hazard warning lights and he'll look just like a London taxi on a run to the chip shop. Le Arse is skating across the Aintree turf like Thierry Henry at Highbury before they learned how to lay grass, and Shankly Boy's mount has definitely got the bit between his teeth. Closely followed by the grey, The Sheik, reminiscent of the 1961 winner Nicolaus Silva and running as smoothly as black gold up a well pipe. Further back, and difficult to tell from here, but Squeeky Bum looks to have a burst blood vessel like Frank Ribery had, or the saddle is slipping. Either way, Squeeky Bum's mount is definitely looking hacked off and it's going to take a catastrophe of Foinavon proportion for Squeeky Bum to get a place. Just under two to go....."

Cheers Sport. Just a bit of fun.

Be interesting to hear one's predictions for final places in the Premiership for 2014.

I have looked at the top 6 teams and their upcomimg matches and tried to guess the results. Yeh I know football is far from an exact science and with ref decisions, player injuries and suspensions taking its toll, and luck going against a team, anything can happen. There is also fixture congestion to consider with teams still playing in Europe, though I suspect not much longer, and the FA Cup. This could go in Liverpool's favour as they only have to concentrate on the league and no games to catch up.

My predictions are given below in the order I think will be the final places with the points secured at the moment, followed by points I think will be attained from the remaining matches then the final total of points.

Chelsea 63 - 26 - 89

Man City 57 - 31 - 88

Liverpool 59 - 24 - 83

Arsenal 59 - 19 - 78

Spurs 53 - 23 - 73

Everton 48 - 20 - 68

Look at the remaining fixtures for each team and give your predictions then add up the points and give your view on the final standings.

Be interesting to hear one's predictions for final places in the Premiership for 2014.

I have looked at the top 6 teams and their upcomimg matches and tried to guess the results. Yeh I know football is far from an exact science and with ref decisions, player injuries and suspensions taking its toll, and luck going against a team, anything can happen. There is also fixture congestion to consider with teams still playing in Europe, though I suspect not much longer, and the FA Cup. This could go in Liverpool's favour as they only have to concentrate on the league and no games to catch up.

My predictions are given below in the order I think will be the final places with the points secured at the moment, followed by points I think will be attained from the remaining matches then the final total of points.

Chelsea 63 - 26 - 89

Man City 57 - 31 - 88

Liverpool 59 - 24 - 83

Arsenal 59 - 19 - 78

Spurs 53 - 23 - 73

Everton 48 - 20 - 68

Look at the remaining fixtures for each team and give your predictions then add up the points and give your view on the final standings.

might want to create a new thread for this...

• Like 1