Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

• Capello was manager at the last world cup

Never let the facts interfere with a load of ballacks though Bob.thumbsup.gif

Good manager is Rodgers btw.

Looking for our old Chelsea mucker Gus to get something tonight though.

thumbsup.gif

A feel a <deleted> good thrashing is in order tonight wink.png

what the...??? "deleted" I thought that was new fashionable trend people were typing instead of swearing on here. It was hardly a swear word, is "dam" a swear word

I thought it was people doing it themselves too. Dam is definitely not a swear word, though damn is sometimes mistaken for one

damn (v.) dictionary.gif late 13c., "to condemn," from Old French damner "damn, condemn; convict, blame; injure," derivative of Latin damnare "to adjudge guilty; to doom; to condemn, blame, reject," Damn and its derivatives generally were avoided in print from 18c. to c.1930s (the famous line in the film version of "Gone with the Wind" was a breakthrough and required much effort by the studio) I think we may be passed the1930s

thumbsup.gif

what the...??? "deleted" I thought that was new fashionable trend people were typing instead of swearing on here. It was hardly a swear word, is "dam" a swear word

I thought it was people doing it themselves too. Dam is definitely not a swear word, though <deleted> is sometimes mistaken for one

<deleted> (v.) dictionary.gif late 13c., "to condemn," from Old French damner "<deleted>, condemn; convict, blame; injure," derivative of Latin damnare "to adjudge guilty; to doom; to condemn, blame, reject," <deleted> and its derivatives generally were avoided in print from 18c. to c.1930s (the famous line in the film version of "Gone with the Wind" was a breakthrough and required much effort by the studio) I think we may be passed the1930s

Ironic that a post that shows a word needn't be deleted has so many deleted words in it. $hit...Is that gonna be deleted??

Would have thought that getting by and avoiding injury to SAS would be more appropriate to these sort of games Stevie. Maybe that's what happened (judging only by the result).

What Rodgers has done with Gerrard this season has been amazing, he's slowly turned him into a Pirlo type of player, hes probably creating more chances now then he ever did. Although i should say the style of football we play now probably helps him.

I daresay this will unleash another hissy fit, but as have said before, Hogson was the one who really initiated Gerrard's evolution into the player we see today, during the last world cup, when he used him so effectively. After that competition, I got it on the neck on here for stating my views that Gerrard was no longer best employed as a gunning forward, attacking, goal scoring midfielder, and would be better used by Liverpool, as he was used by England, in a more defensive role, further back, starting moves off. I was told I was stupid, or words to that effect, and that Gerrard would always be best in an attacking role, to which my response was, well, let's see where Liverpool play him then. I think we have our answer, do we not?
  • A deeper role with England was only out of necessity to fit other players in to the starting line up
  • The last WC was 4 years ago when Gerrard was still a lethal attacking midfielder and it was still his best role
  • He has single handedly carried Liverpool through games and won games on his own as an attacking midfield/striker since the last WC. It's only the fact that LFC were in rapid decline via the previous owners that he didn't have the personnel around him to help excel or add credence.
  • The only reason he is playing in that role now for Liverpool is to fit him in to a team that attacks at a pace he couldn't keep up with at his age/stage of his career
  • This won't be a full-time role for too long, we will need to bring someone younger in next season.
If you'd have made those comments last season maybe but in my opinion 4 years ago was too soon.

I'd have to agree with comments regarding Rodgers influence, it is not a coincidence that he is getting the best out of every single player on that park and it is blatantly obvious the improvements in multiple players in that team.

My mistake. Apologies. I was talking about the Euros in 2012, not the World Cup in 2010. So, yes, i was making those comments last season.

The fact that i was talking about the England team under Hodgson, and was talking about the competition in which Gerrard played in a deeper role and played his best games for England, might have given the hint that i wasn't talking about 2010, a year in which we weren't managed by Hodgson, and a year in which Gerrard didn't play very well for England, but rather talking about 2012.

Aside from my mix up of World Cup and Euros, all my other points remain. Gerrard was the only player in 2012 the England team to make it in the UEFA team of the tournament, and that was in no small measure due to the role he was asked to play. Of course it was down to himself too, but Gerrard has always been a world class player, but he had never shown it in an England shirt up until then. Since that tournament, his career, which was starting to slide a bit and be questioned, has enjoyed something of a renaissance, with him playing some of his best ever football in my opinion.

thumbsup.gif

I thought it was people doing it themselves too. Dam is definitely not a swear word, though <deleted> is sometimes mistaken for one

<deleted> (v.) dictionary.gif late 13c., "to condemn," from Old French damner "<deleted>, condemn; convict, blame; injure," derivative of Latin damnare "to adjudge guilty; to doom; to condemn, blame, reject," <deleted> and its derivatives generally were avoided in print from 18c. to c.1930s (the famous line in the film version of "Gone with the Wind" was a breakthrough and required much effort by the studio) I think we may be passed the1930s

I spelt it dam to give an idea about the word that was censored, I couldn't spell it <deleted> people would not know what the <deleted> I was talking about

Actually enjoying this <deleted> delete censor....no need for self censorship, thanks to the <deleted> automated censor.

• Like 1

well that was a bit more nerve-racking than we were hoping for. but three points is three points. now onto spurs.

How Adam Johnson missed that header, i really thought that was it. It looked like the players as much as us fans are getting a bit nervy now. Sunderland set up well, 3 centre-backs was working. I don't think they'll go down.

• Like 1

Liverpool v Spurs 10pm on Sunday......farewell cricking neck at 1am syndrome!

Thought it was 11.00pm

The clocks change in the UK that weekend do they?

To think, you would have missed the first half! biggrin.png

and a Soldado hatrick.

COYS

• Like 1

well that was a bit more nerve-racking than we were hoping for. but three points is three points. now onto spurs.

How Adam Johnson missed that header, i really thought that was it. It looked like the players as much as us fans are getting a bit nervy now. Sunderland set up well, 3 centre-backs was working. I don't think they'll go down.

i like gus poyet, so would quite like them to stay up yeah. and that johnson header was like &lt;deleted&gt; gudjohnsen in 2005, how the hell did they not score?

had a chat with a couple of mates who went the match last night, they reckoned that the fans' confidence made the players a bit jumpy and nervous. this was the first home match where the fans are now really believing we might just do it, and that transmitted through to the players - but having got this one out of the way and dogged it out, we should hopefully adjust to the nerves before sunday again. 12 months ago we'd not have won that match, we'd have blown it. now we're 7 cup finals away from bloody utopia.

• Like 1

Liverpool v Spurs 10pm on Sunday......farewell cricking neck at 1am syndrome!

Thought it was 11.00pm

The clocks change in the UK that weekend do they?

To think, you would have missed the first half! biggrin.png

Generally speaking Spurs miss the first half under Tim anyway mate!!

Then they get a chirpy half time blocking followed buy our tactical genius running round the dressing room high fiving everyone. Tim then does his pre second half chat with that Geoff Shreeves from Sky, tells him tactics and team set ups are over rated and we seem to mystifyingly get a result. Get it?!!

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

i like gus poyet, so would quite like them to stay up yeah. and that johnson header was like <deleted> gudjohnsen in 2005, how the hell did they not score?

had a chat with a couple of mates who went the match last night, they reckoned that the fans' confidence made the players a bit jumpy and nervous. this was the first home match where the fans are now really believing we might just do it, and that transmitted through to the players - but having got this one out of the way and dogged it out, we should hopefully adjust to the nerves before sunday again. 12 months ago we'd not have won that match, we'd have blown it. now we're 7 cup finals away from bloody utopia.

Yeah "we're going to win the league" was resonating last night biggrin.png

That is exactly what I was thinking, 12 months ago that header would have gone in or we would have folded easy in the dying minutes. We've got the nervy test out the way at home, picked up 3 points and learnt from it.

Time for a shellacking on Sunday to blow out the cobwebs wink.png

What Rodgers has done with Gerrard this season has been amazing, he's slowly turned him into a Pirlo type of player, hes probably creating more chances now then he ever did. Although i should say the style of football we play now probably helps him.

I daresay this will unleash another hissy fit, but as have said before, Hogson was the one who really initiated Gerrard's evolution into the player we see today, during the last world cup, when he used him so effectively. After that competition, I got it on the neck on here for stating my views that Gerrard was no longer best employed as a gunning forward, attacking, goal scoring midfielder, and would be better used by Liverpool, as he was used by England, in a more defensive role, further back, starting moves off. I was told I was stupid, or words to that effect, and that Gerrard would always be best in an attacking role, to which my response was, well, let's see where Liverpool play him then. I think we have our answer, do we not?
  • A deeper role with England was only out of necessity to fit other players in to the starting line up
  • The last WC was 4 years ago when Gerrard was still a lethal attacking midfielder and it was still his best role
  • He has single handedly carried Liverpool through games and won games on his own as an attacking midfield/striker since the last WC. It's only the fact that LFC were in rapid decline via the previous owners that he didn't have the personnel around him to help excel or add credence.
  • The only reason he is playing in that role now for Liverpool is to fit him in to a team that attacks at a pace he couldn't keep up with at his age/stage of his career
  • This won't be a full-time role for too long, we will need to bring someone younger in next season.
If you'd have made those comments last season maybe but in my opinion 4 years ago was too soon.

I'd have to agree with comments regarding Rodgers influence, it is not a coincidence that he is getting the best out of every single player on that park and it is blatantly obvious the improvements in multiple players in that team.

My mistake. Apologies. I was talking about the Euros in 2012, not the World Cup in 2010. So, yes, i was making those comments last season.

The fact that i was talking about the England team under Hodgson, and was talking about the competition in which Gerrard played in a deeper role and played his best games for England, might have given the hint that i wasn't talking about 2010, a year in which we weren't managed by Hodgson, and a year in which Gerrard didn't play very well for England, but rather talking about 2012.

Aside from my mix up of World Cup and Euros, all my other points remain. Gerrard was the only player in 2012 the England team to make it in the UEFA team of the tournament, and that was in no small measure due to the role he was asked to play. Of course it was down to himself too, but Gerrard has always been a world class player, but he had never shown it in an England shirt up until then. Since that tournament, his career, which was starting to slide a bit and be questioned, has enjoyed something of a renaissance, with him playing some of his best ever football in my opinion.

I can't really infer you meant another tournament completely because Gerrard has been asked to play out of position for England for a very long time including that World Cup.

Other than that I can't disagree with you too much, we might be here a very long time smile.png

I can't really infer you meant another tournament completely because Gerrard has been asked to play out of position for England for a very long time including that World Cup.

Other than that I can't disagree with you too much, we might be here a very long time smile.png

When I was typing my post I was in the back of my mind questioning whether the last national tournament was a World Cup or a Euros, and was going to check it, but I foolishly thought, not to worry, they'll know what tournament I mean because there has only been one competition in which Hodgson has been in charge and only one competition in which Gerrard has played exceptionally well. Alas not. An opportunity for misunderstanding was presented by my own mistake, and so, of course, it was taken with both hands.

Nice 3 points - still in this.

Yes we looked of the pace last night, even Suarez had a bad game...or did he? Thats just it we have now got so accustomed to killing teams by 3,4,5, 6 goals and Suarez getting a brace or two.

I love these results though,even if a bit nervy at the end - as a few posters have mentioned we would of either drawn or lost that last season. But we stuck at it and the way suarez held the ball up at the end and battled the defenders in the corner summed up the character of this team as a collective now.

I think we will push City and Chelsea to the end - I am daring to just believe... smile.png

Edited by Devil
  • Like 2

i like gus poyet, so would quite like them to stay up yeah. and that johnson header was like <deleted> gudjohnsen in 2005, how the hell did they not score?

Pedantic I know...but Johnson put the cross in, twas O'shea that missed. Jeez you boys must have been pissedbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Pedantic I know...but Johnson put the cross in, twas O'shea that missed. Jeez you boys must have been pissedbiggrin.png

it was, of course. and it was 5 in the damn morning!

New energy at Liverpool thumbsup.gif

Well if Garth Crooks can do it, why not?

"TVF Dream Team" thumbsup.gif

Still a few playing and management positions to be filled, but here's the starting line up as it stands:

Bob ( Liverpool ) Striker

Rijit ( Spurs ) AM

StevieH ( Liverpool ) AM

mrbojangles ( City) CB/GK. Leadership role depending on where he feels most comfortable.

Les Dawson ( Arsenal ) LB. Ashley Cole type role.

Smokie ( Spurs ) RB

oldgit ( Chelsea ) Motivational Physio wai2.gif

YoungBrit ( Liverpool ) Grass technology/IT/Social Media-Corporate Affairs and placement of jumpers)

P45Mustang ( Chelsea ) Half time oranges smile.png

Nickname: " Tom Yum Goongers " or the "Goongers". Asia-Pacific League: " The Prawns " smile.png

Team Kit: Red shirts, blue shorts, white socks. In respect of legendary managers from English football ( one in particular but not English), and the King of Thailand.

Team Motto: " Kill Bill, 10!"

Stadium and Training Ground: 2 floating barges on the Chao Praya, Nonthaburi. To start with.thumbsup.gif

Sponsors: TMB Bank of Thailand ( see sponsors video on later post)

Sponsors Logo: TMB, but only ever to appear on the left breast or left sleeve. Never on the right.

wai2.gifthumbsup.gif

• Like 2