Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Well <deleted> my old boots, this is more like it. Ricky Lambert, hey? There I was thinking CL football will bring some talent. What a statement that is. clap2.gif I guess it's a step up from Aspas. whistling.gif

If it wasn't for Rodgers talent and skills last season we'd have been wanting to tear that transfer committee a new ar-se-hole for the bag of sh-ite they brought home in the summer.

If we are going to sign Lallana and Lambert for double his worth is a sweetener deal this should not be getting out. It is once again looking like amateur night at the big top with that clown Ayre leading the line.

Although I could be wrong, but these Jack Daniels are dictating my cynicism right now..bloody tasty cynicism though

Do you honestly think that it's Ayre and not Rodgers making the decision to buy him, you seem obsessed by the fact that mangers don't have a say in who their club buys whistling.gif

I didn't say that Alfie, my issue is not with Rodgers identifying players, it's the next part of the process that involves Ian Ayre. Last season's windows emphasised his ineptitude at closing deals, Mkhitarayan, Salah and Kono.

This whole Lallana situation is starting to smell the same. Identify the player, strike a deal or move on. Don't faff about with miserly offers hoping to mither clubs in to submission or negotiating taking this player or that player that is not a target to save a few bob, we look like fools. Just drop it and move on or find someone who can negotiate effectively. There must be 3 or 4 targets for each signing needed.

Also the World Cup is approaching, I want to see some urgency in getting business done, including shifting player as a priority.

How do you know its not Lallana's agent stalling hoping his player has a big world cup so as to up the cost of a deal?

We wouldn't want a Moyse-Woodward type fiasco occurring though, would we? smile.png

Bring out your best squad please Liverpool and we play EPL and CL with you,

Cheers.

thumbsup.gif

Well <deleted> my old boots, this is more like it. Ricky Lambert, hey? There I was thinking CL football will bring some talent. What a statement that is. clap2.gif I guess it's a step up from Aspas. whistling.gif

If it wasn't for Rodgers talent and skills last season we'd have been wanting to tear that transfer committee a new ar-se-hole for the bag of sh-ite they brought home in the summer.

If we are going to sign Lallana and Lambert for double his worth is a sweetener deal this should not be getting out. It is once again looking like amateur night at the big top with that clown Ayre leading the line.

Although I could be wrong, but these Jack Daniels are dictating my cynicism right now..bloody tasty cynicism though

Do you honestly think that it's Ayre and not Rodgers making the decision to buy him, you seem obsessed by the fact that mangers don't have a say in who their club buys whistling.gif

I didn't say that Alfie, my issue is not with Rodgers identifying players, it's the next part of the process that involves Ian Ayre. Last season's windows emphasised his ineptitude at closing deals, Mkhitarayan, Salah and Kono.

This whole Lallana situation is starting to smell the same. Identify the player, strike a deal or move on. Don't faff about with miserly offers hoping to mither clubs in to submission or negotiating taking this player or that player that is not a target to save a few bob, we look like fools. Just drop it and move on or find someone who can negotiate effectively. There must be 3 or 4 targets for each signing needed.

Also the World Cup is approaching, I want to see some urgency in getting business done, including shifting player as a priority.

To be fair I mis-read the bit about Ayre letting things out, but you did say " There I was thinking CL football will bring some talent" and " transfer committee a new ar-se-hole for the bag of sh-ite they brought home in the summer" implying that Rodgers doesn't have a say !

I see your point, but obviously the transfer committee is failing as a start to finish process. Also the money factor is always an inevitable part for us.

The part that I don't understand. If Rodgers identifies a player, then surely the man who is looking after the finance and contractual aspects should know before we go and make an arse of ourselves that the we cannot afford them. Not "ok I'll see what I can do" Then coming out 4 weeks later saying "well I gave it my best shot" Total amateur bollicks, and every time it happens it has a negative impact on fans, players in the team, manager, it devalues our attraction to new talent and it has happened way too often since this committee was set up.

My issue really is with Ian Ayre, a G & H appointment who is not a good at negotiating player purchases.

Mourinho.

Maureen.

Any good?

smile.png

in response to a heysel post? have a word lad. getting boring this.

Just for the record, Stevie. My post was a response to JacknDanny's joke about Cantona with a 'u'.

Not in response to your post about heysel.

Which is why we have a quote button. I also had no idea what you were saying

• Like 1

How do you know its not Lallana's agent stalling hoping his player has a big world cup so as to up the cost of a deal?

This is true and I don't know if that is the case but if the Lallana deal breaks down that is 4 "top class" players deal break downs in a row.

BBC reporting 2 year deal done for Lambert, medical tomorrow

I'd say Lambert is good value at $4.5mil. Heady footballer, unselfish, will score goals and doesn't mind passing the ball. Will nail a PK if Gerrard ain't on the pitch. Likely to be a good addition to the locker room as well.

An even better buy if Rodgers can use it as a wedge for Lallana and/or Lovren. Money is an issue I know, but both would be nice additions.

I'd say Lambert is good value at $4.5mil. Heady footballer, unselfish, will score goals and doesn't mind passing the ball. Will nail a PK if Gerrard ain't on the pitch. Likely to be a good addition to the locker room as well.

An even better buy if Rodgers can use it as a wedge for Lallana and/or Lovren. Money is an issue I know, but both would be nice additions.

What's a 'heady footballer' ?

Also I can't take anyone very seriously when talking footy & using the term 'locker room'. It's just so 'American'bah.gif

I'm hoping we can get out of Lambert as much as we got out of the last scouse, Liverpool mad fan that played lower league footy before signing for us.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Also I can't take anyone very seriously when talking footy & using the term 'locker room'. It's just so 'American'bah.gif

I'm hoping we can get out of Lambert as much as we got out of the last scouse, Liverpool mad fan that played lower league footy before signing for us.thumbsup.gif

OK MM. Translation:

"Heady" =smart.

What's the limey equivalent of "locker room" ? Dressing room ? Loo ?

OK MM. Translation:

"Heady" =smart.

What's the limey equivalent of "locker room" ? Dressing room ? Loo ?

Changing Room .

or round 'ere...

Chainzeesthumbsup.gif

• Like 2

coffee1.gif

Michu plays for Swansea btw.

jellydog didn't know that until I got BigToe on the case.

Talk about putting your foot in it.

Me shoe.

biggrin.png

Large Jack Daniel's, no rocks.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by P45Mustang

I won't correct it....a new order definitely emerging....meanwhile window licker Levy is busy admiring his balance sheet.....

"Up down turn around please don't let me hit the ground" great band.. enjoy the Bernard indeed

I reckon your new manager is going to do what both AVB and TS couldn't with that team almost as it is.

NB. don't tell Alfie i said that wink.png

Edited by BangrakBob

Albert Moreno gathering pace, apparently 16.2 M bid put in.

Yep. Good move.

Chelsea were sniffing around apparently. thumbsup.gif

( Who needs Baldini? One year at Real Madrid, and then he's Capello's assistant at England facepalm.gif. Not quite sure where to play him to be honest. smile.png).

Yep. Good move.

( Who needs Baldini? One year at Real Madrid, and then he's Capello's assistant at England facepalm.gif. Not quite sure where to play him to be honest. smile.png).

That has me puzzled, why did Chelsea back right off and out of it?

Yep. Good move.

Not sure they have Bob. You know what Mourinho is like.

Needs Cole replacement. Now it's Shaw, now it's not.

Dunno. Moreno is obviously rated, but if he came to Chelsea we'd have to call him John to avoid confusion with the boss, cos Dave Azpuletc is gonna move RB. facepalm.gif

Liverpool will be fine whatever Chelski do. thumbsup.gif

Yep. Good move.

Dunno. Moreno is obviously rated, but if he came to Chelsea we'd have to call him John to avoid confusion with the boss, cos Dave Azpuletc is gonna move RB. facepalm.gif

Quite possibly they are saving their cash for Costa and Shaw....to be frank though Chelsea have so many players its not funny.

Yep. Good move.

Quite possibly they are saving their cash for Costa and Shaw....to be frank though Chelsea have so many players its not funny.

Love seeing United miss out on Shaw, as much as their "war chest" might help this summer, they will find it difficult to get the cream.

Well if twitter is anything to go by tonight, this transfer committee is going to make me eat my words.

Apparently Moreno is all but done for 17M, and Can for 20M with Shaqiri, Lovren and Lallana in advance stages blink.png

• Like 1

It's true smokie. We have a lot of quality and shed loads bought at low cost and out on loan.

Once FFP came looming in 2009 Abramovich started applying it. So no penalties, and we are selling players like Mata and Luiz to buy new ones. No big spending spree.

Not sure what PSG are doing currently, in spite of UEFA penalties. City built after Chelsea and got their knuckles rapped.

All you can do is play to the whistle. Cynics would say you can cook the books. But when Chelsea go to the Bernebau or NouCamp, the playing field is level. And it's 90 minutes with 2 teams and 2 bosses and only one team will win the CL.

wink.png

Well if twitter is anything to go by tonight, this transfer committee is going to make me eat my words.

Apparently Moreno is all but done for 17M, and Can for 20M with Shaqiri, Lovren and Lallana in advance stages blink.png

Could it be that come the England v Italy game we'll have 8 LFC players in the squad? 90 odd% of incoming deals done & just a few out goings to tie up & maybe a few loan deals? Here's hoping.