Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

^ ^ could anyone elaborate on the Barca request, I'm reading it being retweeted but no source.

I'm still waiting for a reliable report that Barca requested apology.

Suarez position has obviously changed since he spent a couple of days chilling with his family in Uruguay. Heat of the moment stuff in Brazil. Will he bite anyone ever again?

He's promised he won't.

That'll do for me.

Barca will want him for as little as they have to pay. Economics.

Go'ed Luis ,whatever happens he's running the show .Pantomime at it's best.

I want to see him back in a Liverpool shirt,for all his failings .He's a pleasure on the eye.

We will win the league with our Luis ...Chompions.thumbsup.gif

it's his dream to play for Barcelona......hang on no real Madrid....no wait it's both of them apparently.

I want to see him back in a Liverpool shirt,for all his failings .He's a pleasure on the eye.

No 2 biggrin.png

and if he does go i also now expect us to hold barcelona to a proper fee, they're not getting him on the cheap.

Don't think they'll be getting him on the expensive either. If he wants to go, and go at a time when his madness is getting worldwide exposure, it will be hard to get anything like what he is worth. I'd say you'll be lucky to get half his potential value.

and if he does go i also now expect us to hold barcelona to a proper fee, they're not getting him on the cheap.

Don't think they'll be getting him on the expensive either. If he wants to go, and go at a time when his madness is getting worldwide exposure, it will be hard to get anything like what he is worth. I'd say you'll be lucky to get half his potential value.

Agreed. He's so damaged now he isn't worth anything like what he was prior to that last game. If he's happy enough to stay then Liverpool should keep him unless they are ok with selling him cheap and of course they won't be. He'll probably have another great season regardless and will quite possibly do something else equally idiotic and cringeworthy.

I'm actually surprised the likes of Barca are in for him no matter how good he is but i suppose thats where the "no bite" clause kicks in.

No 2 biggrin.png

No. 19

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Agreed. He's so damaged now he isn't worth anything like what he was prior to that last game. If he's happy enough to stay then Liverpool should keep him unless they are ok with selling him cheap and of course they won't be. He'll probably have another great season regardless and will quite possibly do something else equally idiotic and cringeworthy.

I'm actually surprised the likes of Barca are in for him no matter how good he is but i suppose thats where the "no bite" clause kicks in.

Actually I think Liverpool will get close to top dollar despite the bite. Suarez is a phenomenal player and he's going to bring the suitors calling regardless of biting. The suspension might lower the fee a bit, but not by much.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Actually I think Liverpool will get close to top dollar despite the bite. Suarez is a phenomenal player and he's going to bring the suitors calling regardless of biting. The suspension might lower the fee a bit, but not by much.coffee1.gif

With a successful world cup behind him how much do you think he'd have been worth?

It was £80M before the World Cup bite and it will be £80M after. In reality I don't see how any club could really justify paying more than 100M if he had golden balls and never harmed a fly. The 20M discount for grand nuttery was already there before the latest incident.

Ban or no ban he can still single handedly win them matches. If banned he is still good for 6/ 7 months worth of football twice a week in multiple competitions.

Barca would recoup a massive portion of that in merchandising alone.

I don't think a great performance from Suarez would have increased his value by much. Everybody who watches football knows what he is capable of doing. Its not as if he was/is and unknown. He's a beast.biggrin.png

So what do you think is his value?

It was £80M before the World Cup bite and it will be £80M after. In reality I don't see how any club could really justify paying more than 100M if he had golden balls and never harmed a fly. The 20M discount for grand nuttery was already there before the latest incident.

Ban or no ban he can still single handedly win them matches. If banned he is still good for 6/ 7 months worth of football twice a week in multiple competitions.

yeah - going to be interesting to see just how much this contract clause is now. £80m is about right now i guess. but i see no reason to think that john henry will sell him on the cheap - didn't last summer, why should we this? and his world cup performances have no bearing on his value, he was the best player in england by a country mile last season.

yeah - going to be interesting to see just how much this contract clause is now. £80m is about right now i guess. but i see no reason to think that john henry will sell him on the cheap - didn't last summer, why should we this? and his world cup performances have no bearing on his value, he was the best player in england by a country mile last season.

absolutely Stevie, I'd be surprised if Henry let him go for anything oner than his valuation. Henry showed he has the balls when we were in a much weaker position last summer, his position is much stronger now and he will have the backing of all and sundry.

absolutely Stevie, I'd be surprised if Henry let him go for anything oner than his valuation. Henry showed he has the balls when we were in a much weaker position last summer, his position is much stronger now and he will have the backing of all and sundry.

Henry showed he had balls by turning down 40,000,001 pounds biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

Can't agree with that Bob. All John Henry did was turn down a derisory. I think Henry is yet to really prove he's anything other than in it for the merchandise revenue. This summer he has a gilt edged opportunity to prove otherwise.

Can't agree with that Bob. All John Henry did was turn down a derisory. I think Henry is yet to really prove he's anything other than in it for the merchandise revenue. This summer he has a gilt edged opportunity to prove otherwise.

Derisory or not, it was above the apparent release clause and we were a team who came 7th that season. We had a player who was sulking, trying to force a move and we had to make him train on his own, everything pointed towards having to let him go and that he could cost us if we didn't. Additionally he brought no one in of any significance to prove his intent.

i think he took enough of a gamble under that pressure to say he has reasonably large testes.

• Like 1

Henry showed he had balls by turning down 40,000,001 pounds biggrin.png

Yes well I think I've replied to both Spuds in my response to carminewink.png

As a matter of interest what do people think Suarez's punishment will be if he bites another player ? obviously this should be taken into consideration when determining how much he is worth !!!

They should insert a "Teeth Cutting Out" clause. If he bits they can pull his teeth.

Derisory or not, it was above the apparent release clause and we were a team who came 7th that season. We had a player who was sulking, trying to force a move and we had to make him train on his own, everything pointed towards having to let him go and that he could cost us if we didn't. Additionally he brought no one in of any significance to prove his intent.

i think he took enough of a gamble under that pressure to say he has reasonably large testes.

Well if it was above the apparent release clause why didn't he go ?

Henry just said no..apparently he can do that

Oh I understand now, so it was a release clause without the release rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

CARILLION has been appointed as the preferred bidder for the £75m contract to extend the main stand Liverpool FC's Anfield stadium.The club wants to put an extra 8,500 seats in the stand, taking capacity to 21,000, and remodel the outside area.Supporters will cross a large plaza and enter the ground by walking up a large ramp at the stand above a new home for the Hillsborough Memorial. There are also plans for a further 4,800 seats at the Anfield Road end which would give the stadium a capacity of 58,800.Carillion said

Oh I understand now, so it was a release clause without the release rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Sportsmail understands Liverpool officials, including managing director Ian Ayre, have agreed to meet Raul Sanllehi, Barcelona’s director of football management, in London to discuss their valuation of the 27-year-old.

Barcelona are looking to strike a compromise of around £60m, based on the fact that Suarez is banned from football for the next four months following his bite on Italy’s Giorgio Chiellini.

Liverpool will not be swayed from their valuation of Suarez but will revive their interest in Barcelona forward Alexis Sanchez as part of the negotiations.

Edited by uptheos