Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

caughtoffside.com? can we not have at least a few standards regarding sources around here?

Would be very interesting though if it happened.

I still reckon a big name at Liverpool would be good...but probably a dream.

Up to Brendan.

Edinson Cavani to Liverpool: Odds slashed as world-class striker speaks to Uruguayan paper

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/07/27/edinson-cavani-to-liverpool-odds-slashed-as-world-class-striker-speaks-to-uruguayan-paper/

Worth a punt I would have thought.

There is more chance of you turning out for Liverpool next season

• Like 1

Edinson Cavani to Liverpool: Odds slashed as world-class striker speaks to Uruguayan paper

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/07/27/edinson-cavani-to-liverpool-odds-slashed-as-world-class-striker-speaks-to-uruguayan-paper/

Yep. I'd probably fail the medical.

I wonder what the problem with Remy was?

Lots of fit athletes have unusual heart electrics.

Could be something entirely different mind.

had problems when he transferred to marseille previously with a heart issue. also had knee problems in england i think. real shame for him and us, but it must be something significant for a player to fail a medical these days.

had problems when he transferred to marseille previously with a heart issue. also had knee problems in england i think. real shame for him and us, but it must be something significant for a player to fail a medical these days.

Interesting. I didn't know that about Remy.

Plenty more fish in the sea, and still a month to go.

Has failed 4 meds over the years. Has a hole in the heart (similar problem to Asa Hartford years ago).

Anyone get to watch it, I was in work with the radio on.

Really looking forward to see Sterling, Laser and Sturridge joining forces with their pace........makes me feel nice n warm inside :-)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Performance was ok mate. More workmanlike than spectacular though. Olympiakos made a good fight of it and it was pretty scrappy for the most part.

Skrtel (and Coates when he came on) were solid as was Enrique/Robinson. Jones only had one save to make throughout. Johnson was....Johnson!

Markovic showed some exciting flashes (only played 45m) and the Can/Henderson CM partnership looks promising.

Front guys played well in patches but not many clear chances created. Not sure how DS got MoM as I don't think he got a shot on target! Sterling looking the part though and Ibe/ Coutinho both good when they came on.

• Like 2

ol next season

apparently a hole in the heart..

It hasn't stopped him so far, why not just take a punt?

Gotta feel for the lad.

More fish P45 but fitting the style of play and budget narrows it down a bit.

ol next season

apparently a hole in the heart..

It hasn't stopped him so far, why not just take a punt?

Gotta feel for the lad.

More fish P45 but fitting the style of play and budget narrows it down a bit.

Understood Bob.

Wilai's a knowledgable bloke btw.

Remy medical carried out in the US I think. Harvard University Hospital cardiologist would have stopped the transfer I reckon. Nothing like the fear of litigation in the US.

• Like 1

remi's liverpools loss someone else's gain probably qpr wont be to upset.

wouldnt be surprised if it was down to the insurance company and i'de lay money Rodgers wont t be a particularly hapi bunny

ok just seen about the hole in the heart issue

real shame for the guy

but tbh from liverools and a playing point of view he's worked his way up to this level with it, cant c the logic in blanking him now

INSURANCE COMPANY has to be

real shame for the guy

but tbh from liverools and a playing point of view he's worked his way up to this level with it, cant c the logic in blanking him now

That's what i reckon and like you say another team's gain

real shame for the guy

Considering he's been a pro for something like 10 years ,I doubt if your speculation is true.

Maybe Rodgers just didn't like his jib after meeting him ,who knows? More to the point who cares? I reckon Ian Ayre should get a free pass on this one from BRBob thoughwhistling.gif

Anyway the Belguim kid Divock Origi looks a better prospect to me ,even if he does spend a year out on loan...

real shame for the guy

yep I'de have him at spurs. with a reasonable supply from what i've seen of him, i don't think a 15 20 goal season could be ruled out.

if he stays at qpr, he could be the difference between struggling against relegation and mid table.

real shame for the guy

yep I'de have him at spurs. with a reasonable supply from what i've seen of him, i don't think a 15 20 goal season could be ruled out.

if he stays at qpr, he could be the difference between struggling against relegation and mid table.

Same could be said for Bony.wink.png

real shame for the guy

& if he went to spurs the same would apply??whistling.gif

• Like 1

real shame for the guy

Same could be said for Bony.wink.png

...and Michu.

Benteke has gone quiet.

If I was Brendan, I'd go sh!t or bust for a big name like Cavani or Falcao.

Being cautious didn't get Liverpool where they finished last season.

101 goals and second.

Needs to keep sticking his neck out imho or it will be a compromise.

And you don't replace Suarez with a compromise.

real shame for the guy

& if he went to spurs the same would apply??whistling.gif

u want to talk spurs as well ,,, ok..... relegation dont think so , atm i think we've probably got enuf to flit with the top four,,,,, occasionally, but we'll probably end up roughly about where we finished last season Player wise we've lost nothing from last season so hopefully with this new coach things point towards a progression in our squad, One of last seasons buys to kic in, will/could make a significant difference for us. but ide still take a 15/20 goal a season striker, and from your point u've lost a 30 goal a season striker, plus playing less games Gerrards return logically be diminishing,, big ish holes to fill?, atm I see an overall improvement in your squad, but i dont see the 30 goals plus assists being adequately replaced, and its not just the goals themselves it's the momentum they bring. yet but still a month to go. But imo remi' was a cert for 15 2 20, that sort of 'guaranteed' return aint easy to find, and for the money was a relative snip, could he be the difference between a champions league finish or a top 6 finish or a to 6 finish to a mid table finish. who knows., but utd aint gonna make it easy for a top 4 spot esp with no Europa and significant investments planned. as for the champs lge,a world class player makes all the difference, we saw that with bale, but whatever happens i'm sure rodgers will put some good entertaining footie in front of us, if it don't quite happen,i'm sure it wont be from the want of him trying,

• Like 1

i'm sure rodgers will put some good entertaining footie in front of us, if it don't quite happen,i'm sure it wont be from the want of him trying,

Possibility exists that Brendan could get his knickers in a twist. Ask van Gaal, Mourinho or Pellegrini.

smile.png

Edited by P45Mustang

but utd aint gonna make it easy for a top 4 spot esp with no Europa and significant investments planned. as for the champs lge,a world class player makes all the difference, we saw that with bale,

Totally agree.

wai2.gif

real shame for the guy

Considering he's been a pro for something like 10 years ,I doubt if your speculation is true.

Maybe Rodgers just didn't like his jib after meeting him ,who knows? More to the point who cares? I reckon Ian Ayre should get a free pass on this one from BRBob thoughwhistling.gif

Anyway the Belguim kid Divock Origi looks a better prospect to me ,even if he does spend a year out on loan...

Yet another transfer incident and a strange one that could be another balls up? I guess we'll see, going to have to blame someone wink.png

• Like 1

Bob. I don't want to sound clever mate. But Brendan worked with Mourinho at Chelsea. Mourinho rated him.

But if you think Brendan is going to change history in a couple of seasons, it won't happen.

Never mind the special one. Brendan's up against Pellegrini and van Gaal.

And in the Champions League you are up against Guardiola, Simeone, Ancelloti, Enrique and a french bloke with a shed load of wonga.

Bangrakbob said

Yet another transfer incident and a strange one that could be another balls up? I guess we'll see, going to have to blame someone wink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

& He who doesn't want to sound clever ...

Bob. I don't want to sound clever mate. But Brendan worked with Mourinho at Chelsea. Mourinho rated him.

But if you think Brendan is going to change history in a couple of seasons, it won't happen.

Never mind the special one. Brendan's up against Pellegrini and van Gaal.

And in the Champions League you are up against Guardiola, Simeone, Ancelloti, Enrique and a french bloke with a shed load of wonga.

...managed to fulfil his dream!blink.png