Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

What we need to remember is up until 6 weeks ago we were awful every week since August, and without any sign of improvement. The last month we have improved drastically. We are heading in the right direction playing good football, a few tweaks in the summer ( buying quality goal scorers) and we'll be right.

What we need to remember is up until 6 weeks ago we were awful every week since August, and without any sign of improvement. The last month we have improved drastically. We are heading in the right direction playing good football, a few tweaks in the summer ( buying quality goal scorers) and we'll be right.

yeah, loads of signs of progress and reasons for optimism. just a shame the two strikers we signed last summer to provide decent cover for sturridge have been such a huge disappointment.

yeah, loads of signs of progress and reasons for optimism. just a shame the two strikers we signed last summer to provide decent cover for sturridge have been such a huge disappointment.

I gave up on those strikers months back. I enjoy the games more, less vitriolic spitting at the TV. However, it is such a missed opportunity with those behind 1st and 2nd dithering and faltering again.

• Like 1

Are you guys not worried about Skrtel and the silly challenges he does? I only managed to watch the first half so didn't see all the shennanigan's what went on in the second half but last night for me, was a deffo stonewall penalty on Costa that he got away with. He seems to ride his luck almost every match, particularly when he's defending corners or set pieces.

Are you guys not worried about Skrtel and the silly challenges he does? I only managed to watch the first half so didn't see all the shennanigan's what went on in the second half but last night for me, was a deffo stonewall penalty on Costa that he got away with. He seems to ride his luck almost every match, particularly when he's defending corners or set pieces.

I think he's actually calmed down & not playing roman greco wrestling as much as he was ..! Anyone nailing Costa and getting away with it is ok in my book.

I like Skrtel, he's hard.

I think he's actually calmed down & not playing roman greco wrestling as much as he was ..! Anyone nailing Costa and getting away with it is ok in my book.

Don't get me wrong, I like hard players myself but he's certainly treading a thin line IMO. In many instances a ref would have given a pen for that last night and there must be many a time Liverpool fans breathe a sigh of relief when he gets away with some of his fouls in the box.

I agree with nailing Costa though. Just wish he'd done more of a permanent job tongue.png

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I like hard players myself but he's certainly treading a thin line IMO. In many instances a ref would have given a pen for that last night and there must be many a time Liverpool fans breathe a sigh of relief when he gets away with some of his fouls in the box.

I agree with nailing Costa though. Just wish he'd done more of a permanent job tongue.png

rams bottoms right boj, but I do agree with you. Watching Skrtel in the box is like watching Koto pass the ball out from the back.

We'll have to hope Fabregas and Felipe are out instead.thumbsup.gif Or, given what I just read, Costa gets banned for awhile.

Edited by jellydog

Correct Bob we have improved , but on Saturday we will have a choice of 4 very quick strikers i.e. Sturridge , Sterling , Ibe & Markovic , I sincerely hope Rodgers goes with these & not Lambert , Borini & Balotelli .

For me Skrtel was M.O.M. on Tuesday night .

Unless i'm confused he gave away a stonewall penalty that could have finished the tie off bar a blind ref. If i was an opposition manager i'd have him targeted as highly likely to do something stupid under pressure and for me he's a liability.

Correct Bob we have improved , but on Saturday we will have a choice of 4 very quick strikers i.e. Sturridge , Sterling , Ibe & Markovic , I sincerely hope Rodgers goes with these & not Lambert , Borini & Balotelli .

Sterling, Ibe and Markovic are not really strikers, saying that, the other three are not really strikers. That leaves Sturridge as our only striker.

Unless i'm confused he gave away a stonewall penalty that could have finished the tie off bar a blind ref. If i was an opposition manager i'd have him targeted as highly likely to do something stupid under pressure and for me he's a liability.

When marking a-oles like Costa you need someone like Skrtel , I wish Lambert had his bottle & could head a ball the same , then he would be useful instead of useless .

When marking a-oles like Costa you need someone like Skrtel , I wish Lambert had his bottle & could head a ball the same , then he would be useful instead of useless .

Thats exactly what you don't want. You need a cool disciplined head. The second leg was an example. You should have no complaints because you will never see a more obvious penalty not given. Costa gets in the face and under the skin of the likes of Skrtel and makes then lose their self discipline. He's a nasty runt but very effective.

Sterling, Ibe and Markovic are not really strikers, saying that, the other three are not really strikers. That leaves Sturridge as our only striker.

Out & out strikers they may not be , but with their kind of pace , they frighten the opposition to death . I maybe being a bit harsh on Balotelli he may be worth playing a/s Sturridge .

Out & out strikers they may not be , but with their kind of pace , they frighten the opposition to death . I maybe being a bit harsh on Balotelli he may be worth playing a/s Sturridge .

Not harsh at all. He's not worth playing. Suggestions are he doesn't pull his weight in training like the others do, and aside of that, he doesn't even suit your style of play.

correct carmine. he's an absolute dead loss who doesn't even look like he likes playing football these days. such a letdown.

He does like his cheeky, but extremely ill-thought-out and poorly executed flicks, doesn't he?

• Like 1

A lot of the rags are running the same story regarding Danny Ings.

Looks like he'll be loaned back to Burnley till the end of the season.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-join-race-burnley-8545982Long

Longstebe , for me if we get Danny Ings for a reputed 3 mill it will be a real bargain he is good not great , our best option would be swap him for Lambert now , never mind loaning him back .

Yeah he is <deleted> too and Borini and the lazy mercenary Balomoney...

Sturridge is World class though isn't he when he actually is fit and looks interested. Big shock for him and your players when it finally sinks in that he really is just another injury prone journeyman that relies to much on others.

Sturridge is World class though isn't he when he actually is fit and looks interested. Big shock for him and your players when it finally sinks in that he really is just another injury prone journeyman that relies to much on others.

kinda like van persie

kinda like van persie

Ba da bing, ba da boom.