Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

That pitch is bloody atrocious for a club of your stature.

errrr...that's why we are trying to get it re-laidthumbsup.gif
It's a Desso pitch mate, it shouldn't need relaying. You're doing it wrong.

Lifespan of about 10 years it says. Ours is 14 years, hence a new pitch is needed.

• Like 1

Excuse my ignorance Chicog , but what is a Desso pitch . That was no excuse for not being able to break down a very average team . For God sake we just beat City & played some great stuff against Burnley .The last thing we needed was to have to play this ale-house team again , with a ref that let them get away with murder , all this shirt pulling & body checking really does my head in .

Excuse my ignorance Chicog , but what is a Desso pitch . That was no excuse for not being able to break down a very average team . For God sake we just beat City & played some great stuff against Burnley .The last thing we needed was to have to play this ale-house team again , with a ref that let them get away with murder , all this shirt pulling & body checking really does my head in .

Ok mate just checked it out Grass & artificial mix , Should have beaten them on a park pitch.

Last night`s game summed up perfectly when I said we struggled against so-called weaker opposition . Blackburn mid championship side . LFC 90% possession did not create one clear cut chance . Very , very poor .

You actually had 70% possession but its an over rated stat anyway, . More significant is your twenty-one shots with only four being on target.

• Like 1

Ok mate just checked it out Grass & artificial mix , Should have beaten them on a park pitch.

on the contrary, they'd fancy themselves far more against us on a park pitch. we try and play on the deck, they lash it up to that lower league lump gestede.

as carmine says, we just didn't get the shots on target, make their keeper work enough and ultimately stick the ball in the net. one of them days. they happen.

Last night`s game summed up perfectly when I said we struggled against so-called weaker opposition . Blackburn mid championship side . LFC 90% possession did not create one clear cut chance . Very , very poor .

You actually had 70% possession but its an over rated stat anyway, . More significant is your twenty-one shots with only four being on target.

Carmine a lot of the shots were out of desperation , If we had played with the energy we showed vs. Burnley we would have won . Brendan said as much in his post match comments .

Stevie , what a yard dog that Gestede , He should have been sent off for the deliberate way he meant to injure Skrtel .

he was playing to his strengths, can't blame him for that. though there is a bit of a trend in the FA cup this season for refs to let underdogs get away with a bit too much physicality, stuff that in premier league matches would be cracked down on and result in cards. which means they're reffing the occasion and not the rules. so that's a bit crap.

but don't think gestede should have walked for that, no. it wasn't the challenge that hurt skrtel, it was the landing. yellow at the very most.

• Like 1

Carmine a lot of the shots were out of desperation , If we had played with the energy we showed vs. Burnley we would have won . Brendan said as much in his post match comments .

I agree with you to a point. Yes you need energy but this has to be combined with creativity.

I'll cite the Cap One final as a point in question. Spurs had loads of energy and lots of shots at goal but for all the huff and puff with lacked the creativity to seriously trouble Chelsea. Courtois didn't actually have to make a save because we didn't "create" a single clear cut opportunity for all our 63% possession.

You just had an off day as we all do when you seemed to hit a brick wall.

Edited by carmine

we were missing lucas, allen and gerrard from centre mid, henderson is playing with a foot injury and injections, can had to be moved out of his recent familiar position in defence into midfield, from 5 minutes in we had an entirely new back 3 compared to what we've been playing recently. sturridge is obviously still not fully match fit. it was one of those days. not to mention fair play to blackburn, they had a plan, stuck to it and pulled it off. tails up for the replay now. just wish it wasn't a bloody month away.

• Like 1

Lifespan of about 10 years it says. Ours is 14 years, hence a new pitch is needed.

Drainage system needs replacing....but they can't do that until after the cranes have been and gone as their weight will break the pipework.

Stevie , what a yard dog that Gestede , He should have been sent off for the deliberate way he meant to injure Skrtel .

he was playing to his strengths, can't blame him for that. though there is a bit of a trend in the FA cup this season for refs to let underdogs get away with a bit too much physicality, stuff that in premier league matches would be cracked down on and result in cards. which means they're reffing the occasion and not the rules. so that's a bit crap.

but don't think gestede should have walked for that, no. it wasn't the challenge that hurt skrtel, it was the landing. yellow at the very most.

Stevie when I first saw the incident , I thought exactly as you say, but after watching it again ,Gestede seem to get his arm around Skrtels neck & force him down , I would like to see it again I could be wrong , but Skrtel was down a hell of a long time for it to be a simple fall . There was a lot of worried looking LFC players looking down on Skrtel ..

I agree with you to a point. Yes you need energy but this has to be combined with creativity.

I'll cite the Cap One final as a point in question. Spurs had loads of energy and lots of shots at goal but for all the huff and puff with lacked the creativity to seriously trouble Chelsea. Courtois didn't actually have to make a save because we didn't "create" a single clear cut opportunity for all our 63% possession.

You just had an off day as we all do when you seemed to hit a brick wall.

Vs Chelsea in a final lacking creativity is excusable , but vs. an ale house team like Blkbrn on your own midden no way . For me it was too many games too close together . Btw I am only excusing the players who played in all the games , Johnno & Marko no excuses , why we are offering Johnno a new contract is beyond me , he is a shadow of his former self .

Stevie when I first saw the incident , I thought exactly as you say, but after watching it again ,Gestede seem to get his arm around Skrtels neck & force him down , I would like to see it again I could be wrong , but Skrtel was down a hell of a long time for it to be a simple fall . There was a lot of worried looking LFC players looking down on Skrtel ..

yeah he landed on his back, neck and head at the same time coming down from a great height. but not as a result of gestede wrapping his arm around him or anything. just a bit of a naughty challenge from gestede leading with his arm but it was all about skrtel's fall/landing.

Actually, Mr Bower said his team were surprised how much grass there was on the Anfield pitch, like playing at Wembley compared to Ewood park.

Wow so it's better than Ewood Park.

Not saying much really!

Yes and Skrtel being such an angel...every time I see those tattooed arms wrapped around an opposition players neck from a set piece it reminds me of a python.How do you come to the conclusion it was deliberate ???

No one wants to see anyone hurt but in Skrtlel's case he dishes out far more than he receives.

What's with the Balotelli issue why is BR still believing in the guy? like playing with 10 men,accept its was a mistake to sign him (described as a no brainer at the time)and give someone else a go ,there might just be another Harry Kane type lurking amongst the younger brigade.

• Like 1

Actually, Mr Bower said his team were surprised how much grass there was on the Anfield pitch, like playing at Wembley compared to Ewood park.

Not saying much really!

I'm sure his comments were a bit of a pish take.

It's clear to see that it needs relaying.

We look forward to playing on some nicer surfaces such as arsenals.

Not saying much really!

It's the same surface. They obviously bolluxed it up when they installed it. Ours was done from scratch as part of the stadium build.

Not saying much really!

It's the same surface. They obviously bolluxed it up when they installed it. Ours was done from scratch as part of the stadium build.

Is your stadium 14 years old, think not.

So my point still stands, your pitch is in a lot better condition than ours, whether it's the same or not.

Kids beat the Tricky Blues 2:1 in the mini-derby. Cleary and Wilson with the goalsclap2.gif

Great stuff Willai .....get in there you mighty reds .......

Just seen a few hilites what a goal by young HW , he reminds me of a young Harry Kewell which will do me . Sakho also played first half .