Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

What I don't understand is how come since Rodgers has taken over you have spent 210 million,are you lot saying he did not spend it and had no say who came in?

Give us one quote from any of our posters who have said that.

Ok put it simple how many of your starting 11 have been Rodgers buys?

Nev, its been done to death that we've spent a lot of money, a lot of buys have been dross and the Manager clearly hasn't been the one to have 100% say in this. The club even phrased the term 'transfer committee' with which some local Journos (James Pearce) etc have said involves more than 4-5 people (Owner - Henry, MD- Ian Ayre, Manager - Rodgers, Chief Scout and a few others) i.e the manager doesn't say who he wants and then the club goes out to get them only, with the manager making the final decision if buy them - instead its a mess.

It lacks any transparency, lacks clear direction and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to listen figure out when Rodgers says in press conferences over the course of the year that "we need to buy 'proven quality, as we lack experience and can't really on potential and youth" That doesn't sound like a Manager who's had a free rain on all these buys and sounds more like a mix of what the owners want and what the 'transfer committee' want which has resulted in some very bad buys but also some good ones.

So out of curiosity Nev, as you asked others about how many players brought in while under Rodgers are part of our best x11. Thats one to be debated but easily (x8 players) as per below in 'my opinion' playing in a 3-4-3-1 at this time.

Mignolet
Can, Skertel, Sakho
Henderson, Allen, Lucas, Moreno
Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho
Stutridge
Then you have Markovic, Origi, and of course Ibe (not Rodgers) who will all in my mind be a major part of that starting team next season.
  • Like 1

What I don't understand is how come since Rodgers has taken over you have spent 210 million,are you lot saying he did not spend it and had no say who came in?

Nev, its been done to death that we've spent a lot of money, a lot of buys have been dross and the Manager clearly hasn't been the one to have 100% say in this. The club even phrased the term 'transfer committee' with which some local Journos (James Pearce) etc have said involves more than 4-5 people (Owner - Henry, MD- Ian Ayre, Manager - Rodgers, Chief Scout and a few others) i.e the manager doesn't say who he wants and then the club goes out to get them only, with the manager making the final decision if buy them - instead its a mess.

It lacks any transparency, lacks clear direction and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to listen figure out when Rodgers says in press conferences over the course of the year that "we need to buy 'proven quality, as we lack experience and can't really on potential and youth" That doesn't sound like a Manager who's had a free rain on all these buys and sounds more like a mix of what the owners want and what the 'transfer committee' want which has resulted in some very bad buys but also some good ones.

So out of curiosity Nev, as you asked others about how many players brought in while under Rodgers are part of our best x11. Thats one to be debated but easily (x8 players) as per below in 'my opinion' playing in a 3-4-3-1 at this time.

Mignolet
Can, Skertel, Sakho
Stutridge
Then you have Markovic, Origi, and of course Ibe (not Rodgers) who will all in my mind be a major part of that starting team next season.

To be fair, in this day and age, large transfers are always going to involve the money men so as long as Rodgers gets the final say then I can't see a problem !!

Actually it sounds similar to the AVB situation, a lot of people saying the transfers wasn't his, all down to Levy,Baldini etc then it come out he agreed all of them !!!! so to me that's 100%.

he doesn't always get 'the' final say though. he gets 'a' final say on one of a selection of players chosen by the transfer committee for a particular position. sometimes he gets the players he genuinely wants as in the cases of joe allen and lallana. sakho, for example, wasn't a rodgers signing. nor were likes of aspas and luis alberto. it's a mess of a system.

• Like 2

he doesn't always get 'the' final say though. he gets 'a' final say on one of a selection of players chosen by the transfer committee for a particular position. sometimes he gets the players he genuinely wants as in the cases of joe allen and lallana. sakho, for example, wasn't a rodgers signing. nor were likes of aspas and luis alberto. it's a mess of a system.

Correct Stevie !

Correct Stevie !

To be fair Devil, you did say "with the manager making the final decision if buy them" so that's why I mentioned about final say !

Anyway if what your saying is correct then Rodgers needs to man up and start making demands, after all, he has a enough to say about everything else !

Edited by alfieconn

Mignolet
Can, Skertel, Sakho
Stutridge

Anyway how does the committee actually work ? I would imagine initially Rodgers give them an idea of what positions he wants to fill and with whom and they come back with several options for that position after doing due diligence !

Edited by alfieconn

Mignolet
Can, Skertel, Sakho
Stutridge

Anyway how does the committee actually work ? I would imagine initially Rodgers give them an idea of what positions he wants to fill and with whom and they come back with several options for that position after doing due diligence !

yeah that's about the size of it. but as everyone knows when you design a horse by committee you end up with a camel. or iago aspas.

bet wenger doesn't have a transfer committee. or mourinho. they identify the player they want and the club goes out and gets them. if they can't for some reason get the manager's first choice they then go back and ask the manager who his second choice is.

• Like 2

Correct Stevie !

To be fair Devil, you did say "with the manager making the final decision if buy them" so that's why I mentioned about final say !

Anyway if what your saying is correct then Rodgers needs to man up and start making demands, after all, he has a enough to say about everything else !

Alfie odd you took part of the paragraph and then only quoted the last part of the sentence - Sorry I thought it was bloody obvious what I was saying. So now your saying the manager needs to man up? Christ I give up...

Anyway moving on.

Positives: Rodgers has a quality 'young' side that will grow and improve. Needs 2 'top' quality, experienced players in the summer with player sales we can tweak the squad for those that are outgoing.

Worth remembering given all this sudden Jurgen Klopp talk ...look at his side from 2008 to the his side now, there is at least 10 players from that original squad still there and they make up the core now (yes he lost some big players too) but the point is they were originally ages of 19,20 when he started with them and now they have developed into a top side ages 26, 27. Its not too far away from where LFC are at but we are into 3 years with Rodgers !

Mignolet
Can, Skertel, Sakho
Stutridge

yeah that's about the size of it. but as everyone knows when you design a horse by committee you end up with a camel. or iago aspas.

bet wenger doesn't have a transfer committee. or mourinho. they identify the player they want and the club goes out and gets them. if they can't for some reason get the manager's first choice they then go back and ask the manager who his second choice is.

Again well said Stevie, thats the point right there !

Mignolet
Can, Skertel, Sakho
Stutridge

Clubs with a budget are never going to get every player the manager wants ! and that probably includes Wenger.

Clubs with a budget are never going to get every player the manager wants ! and that probably includes Wenger.

come on alfie, at least try and grasp the point eh? the point is that if wenger doesn't get his first choice wenger tells the money men to go and sign his second choice. but ultimately he picks the players and tells the club to go get them. rodgers doesn't have that level of autonomy. which is why liverpool's transfer setup is a bloody mess.

come on alfie, at least try and grasp the point eh? the point is that if wenger doesn't get his first choice wenger tells the money men to go and sign his second choice. but ultimately he picks the players and tells the club to go get them. rodgers doesn't have that level of autonomy. which is why liverpool's transfer setup is a bloody mess.

To be honest your saying Rodgers doesn't have that level of autonomy when you don't fully know what imput he has on buying players.

Stevie, I'm only playing devils advocate here because I can't believe that Rodgers would stay there if what your saying is true !!

I doubt Rodgers is worse off than most managers anywhere when it comes to transfers. There aren't likely to be many who have the liberty of Mourinho or Wenger.

At any rate, better than being at Newcastle.thumbsup.gif

I doubt Rodgers is worse off than most managers anywhere when it comes to transfers. There aren't likely to be many who have the liberty of Mourinho or Wenger.

"Liberty of Wenger"?

I think he's earned it mate!

blink.png

• Like 1

"Liberty of Wenger"?

blink.png

Where did I indicate that he had not ?blink.png

"Liberty of Wenger"?

blink.png

Not often I like your posts....but that is true.

Mourinho has as well....more by default....there is no one else there to stop him.

Kenny still holds the honourable roll of 'legend'.thumbsup.gifwai.gif .

nah man legend isn't near enough. kenny's god. untouchable and perfect. there's nothing i wouldn't do for that man. gerrard's probably, just about give or take a john barnes or graeme souness, the best player i've seen play for liverpool. suarez is up there too actually. but i'd walk over hot coals for kenny. childhood hero and just immaculate.

• Like 1

A quick one for H. A short while ago on here you mentioned being in Krabi and heading to the beach with totty in one hand and alcohol in the other, I never caught how that worked out, any chance of an update?

Ah well, bit disappointing not to get all three points with the amount of possession we had in their half of the field.

Another game that shows we need better quality up front.

West Brom were poor up front but at least Lovren did his job when called upon.

Edited by longstebe
  • Like 1

Ah well, bit disappointing not to get all three points with the amount of possession we had in their half of the field.

Another game that shows we need better quality up front.

West Brom were poor up front but at least Lovren did his job when called upon.

<deleted> Pullis parking the bus for what??

A Spurs lad was bangin on about how good Pullis is, I think he is a sh-it, one dimensional, boring <deleted>.

If Pullis had a ton of talent he still be a boring <deleted>, grinding out results not giving sh-it about playing decent a brand football.

Tony Pullis the poor mans Jose Mourinho. !

• Like 1