Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

we missed alonso and gerrard too much. city played pretty well though.

Yep. Thought it was a good game. We did well to keep you from scoring in the first 30 minutes, which quietened you down. Thought we could have nicked the 3 points but overall, a draw was a fair result. I'd have taken that before the game.

Yes a draw was probably a fair result and nice that the Blue side of Manchester would do the Red side a favour.

Liverpool supporters might enlighten me on the following.

Benitez still has me mystified. It seems he feels he must air his grievances prior to every important game. This time , the contract issue,again the on going saga. Its obviously he or his staff that are leaking the stories to the media it would hardly come from the owners that he is disatisfied with his contract negotiations.Its a distraction the team doesnt need and Liverpool have always,in the past, kept problems "in-house"

Secondly I have heard nor seen any questions from supporters why Benitez ,this season, practiced his own form of ethnic cleansing by removing most of his British players, Crouch , Finnane , Pennant , Keane etc and moved in donkeys like Lucas. If Lucas is a better player than those Ive never kicked a ball.

0.53 seconds into last nights game the camera zooms into Benitez who is furiously scribbling down notes. The shopping list on the way home ? draft of his press conderence post match ? Seems the guy is as Ferguson alluded to is "troubled" Liverpool well may still win the Premiership but why is their Manager making it harder for them.

Reporters ask him stupid questions because they want drama and juicy answers. Usually, he's pretty stand-offish about those things. He just gives a brief response, usually with a straight face and just says it plain. He doesn't like to hide his answers but doesn't really like to talk about other issues. How is that mystifying? The rest is just your armchair opinion, to which you're certainly entitled.

Reporters ask him stupid questions because they want drama and juicy answers. Usually, he's pretty stand-offish about those things. He just gives a brief response, usually with a straight face and just says it plain. He doesn't like to hide his answers but doesn't really like to talk about other issues. How is that mystifying? The rest is just your armchair opinion, to which you're certainly entitled.

Well how do you explain that weekly the "dirty lines" is aired. He encourages the media to pursue him like he did with the Ferguson rant. What was the purpose of that ?Maybe he needs some "how to handle the media training" Its very demeaning to the club to constantly be going over old ground .From memory this is the 4th draft contract he has publicly refused, which is his choice ,but why talk about it. Can you ever remember Ferguson discussing his contractual arangements with United ?

I would welcome Liverpool being successful but if he continues to shoot himself in the foot it wont happen.As you say we all have our opinions. I just dont see the point in his actions.

Well how do you explain that weekly the "dirty lines" is aired. He encourages the media to pursue him like he did with the Ferguson rant. What was the purpose of that ?Maybe he needs some "how to handle the media training" Its very demeaning to the club to constantly be going over old ground .From memory this is the 4th draft contract he has publicly refused, which is his choice ,but why talk about it. Can you ever remember Ferguson discussing his contractual arangements with United ?

I would welcome Liverpool being successful but if he continues to shoot himself in the foot it wont happen.As you say we all have our opinions. I just dont see the point in his actions.

he's been forced into the public statements on his contract because the club CEO, who is an incompetent buffoon, in partnership with one of the owners, continues to knife him in the back and attempt to get him out of the club. he's been left with little choice but to discuss it in public to try and make the fans aware of quite how fuc_king disgracefully he is being treated by a man not fit to lick his loafers.

and as you say, that's the fourth or perhaps even fifth 'draft' contract that has been put in front of him. why drafts? why not just offer him a proper contract? because rick parry continues to try to save his own neck at the expense of the manager and team. rafa's not at fault here, the jokers currently running the club into the ground are.

he's been forced into the public statements on his contract because the club CEO, who is an incompetent buffoon, in partnership with one of the owners, continues to knife him in the back and attempt to get him out of the club. he's been left with little choice but to discuss it in public to try and make the fans aware of quite how fuc_king disgracefully he is being treated by a man not fit to lick his loafers.

and as you say, that's the fourth or perhaps even fifth 'draft' contract that has been put in front of him. why drafts? why not just offer him a proper contract? because rick parry continues to try to save his own neck at the expense of the manager and team. rafa's not at fault here, the jokers currently running the club into the ground are.

As the owner of the club - if he wanted Rafa out - pretty simple it seems to me?

Obviously things are being held up in lieu of the search for the new owner who may or may not want to keep all or part of the current administration.

hicks wants to keep rafa, gillett would bin him because gillett has bought all of parry's bullshit. i want hicks, gillett and parry out of the club as they're all frauds.

understandable, but right now I am concerned about tonight's game - exciting stuff but the format is hit and miss. :o

More of the same. www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2009/6223/1224241664624.html

I see the head of Madrid thinks he will beat you 3-0 tonight and 2-1 at LP. Optimistic or too much Spanish wine?

typical gobshittery and the sort of thing managers usually stick on the dressing room wall to do their pre-match teamtalk for them.

think it'll be tough though, particularly if gerrard doesn't start. if we get to half time nil nil i'll be happy.

and a lot of liverpool fans are forgetting / ignoring that at the minute. we're simply not in the same financial bracket as united and chelsea so to compete with them is about as good as it gets for now. liverpool fans who 'expect' to finish ahead of united or 'expect' to win the league are deluded. we're starting from a position of weakness and the playing field isn't level.

The topic of spending has been well covered already, and although there is some disagreement on the figures, i think it's generally agreed that in terms of the spending during Rafa's tenure is concerned, there's really not much in it, between Liverpool and the other "big" teams.

Besides, money is over-rated. Sure you need it, but there are other things that count as much. We all saw what Wenger managed. How did he do it from such a position of weakness and on the unlevel playing field you mentioned? By being a darn good manager is how. You should really try getting one. :o

and a lot of liverpool fans are forgetting / ignoring that at the minute. we're simply not in the same financial bracket as united and chelsea so to compete with them is about as good as it gets for now. liverpool fans who 'expect' to finish ahead of united or 'expect' to win the league are deluded. we're starting from a position of weakness and the playing field isn't level.

The topic of spending has been well covered already, and although there is some disagreement on the figures, i think it's generally agreed that in terms of the spending during Rafa's tenure is concerned, there's really not much in it, between Liverpool and the other "big" teams.

Besides, money is over-rated. Sure you need it, but there are other things that count as much. We all saw what Wenger managed. How did he do it from such a position of weakness and on the unlevel playing field you mentioned? By being a darn good manager is how. You should really try getting one. :D

the list that was published had Liverpool 7th most rich, not chump change. LP has spent on players. Torres, Keane, Dossenna etc. Agreed not the same as City but then again neither is your league position (yes, that's a dig a city) :o

Agreed not the same as City but then again neither is your league position (yes, that's a dig a city) :o

Have as many digs as you like Jimmy. I'm really not worried. We are only just starting out on the journey and building the team. The future is looking extremely bright through my eyes. :D

Agreed not the same as City but then again neither is your league position (yes, that's a dig a city) :o

Have as many digs as you like Jimmy. I'm really not worried. We are only just starting out on the journey and building the team. The future is looking extremely bright through my eyes. :D

another sandstorm in downtown mecca today BJ?

Tonight I hope LP beat Madrid - yes I know shouldn't cheer for the enemy but I have much more respect for LP than the 3 ringed circus in Spain.

another sandstorm in downtown mecca today BJ?

Actually, you're not far off there. The last week has been a tad windy and sand in the air. Back to normal now though :D

hehe. fuc_king boss that was, how good are we in europe?

cracking banner in our end, 'be afraid los merengues, the spanish are here'.

effectively minus gerrard and torres again, the organisation and workrate were superb.

Excellent work rate, fantastic result & i don't mind admitting it surprised me with no Gerrard starting & Torres not very effective..

Top Result..

Excellent work rate, fantastic result & i don't mind admitting it surprised me with no Gerrard starting & Torres not very effective..

Top Result..

we've beaten both man united and chelsea without the pair of them already this season. it's the likes of bloody stoke, wigan, fulham and hull that we've had the problems with. it's frustrating.

I know for a lot of you English football club supporters there seems to be some sort of tribal code that you must always cheer for the downfall of your nearest and biggest rivals, but for me, i enjoyed watching Liverpool get one over all those sissies with their silly hair bands and their theatrical rolly polly antics. Of course not to say that that nonsense doesn't exist over our side of the Channel, but over there it's at a different level.

And I can see why Robben has fitted in so well. Never have i held a player in such high esteem (during his first season i think it was at The Bridge when he was an absolute revelation down the flanks and scoring goals to boot) to end up despising every fibre of his being. To think that i was ever sorry he never came to ManU. Forget about whether he's a good footballer or not, the man is a shameful human being and it'll be a sad day if he ever comes back to the Premiership. Good riddance to that twunt.

Feels good to have gotten that off my chest. Sorry, please continue....

I know for a lot of you English football club supporters there seems to be some sort of tribal code that you must always cheer for the downfall of your nearest and biggest rivals, but for me, i enjoyed watching Liverpool get one over all those sissies with their silly hair bands and their theatrical rolly polly antics. Of course not to say that that nonsense doesn't exist over our side of the Channel, but over there it's at a different level.

And I can see why Robben has fitted in so well. Never have i held a player in such high esteem (during his first season i think it was at The Bridge when he was an absolute revelation down the flanks and scoring goals to boot) to end up despising every fibre of his being. To think that i was ever sorry he never came to ManU. Forget about whether he's a good footballer or not, the man is a shameful human being and it'll be a sad day if he ever comes back to the Premiership. Good riddance to that twunt.

Feels good to have gotten that off my chest. Sorry, please continue....

Fully agree!

How 'bout them apples?

according to andy gray madrid were poor and we were lucky to catch them on an off day. it really is quite a coincidence that when we faced juventus and chelsea in 2005, barca in 2007, inter in 2008 and now madrid in 2009 they all had off days.

How 'bout them apples?

according to andy gray madrid were poor and we were lucky to catch them on an off day. it really is quite a coincidence that when we faced juventus and chelsea in 2005, barca in 2007, inter in 2008 and now madrid in 2009 they all had off days.

So last year, I guess you had an off-day against Chelsea. :o

How 'bout them apples?

So last year, I guess you had an off-day against Chelsea. :o

we didn't play as well as we might have done in the second leg, no.