Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Correct me if i'm wrong but haven't you stated on this forum Stevie that you don't watch England games any more? Doesn't seem to have stopped you commenting on the team though. :o

you're correct, but i think there's a world of difference between a man utd fan passing comment on deadly rivals liverpool and reds fans taking him to task on it and me making talk about the ridiculous pretentious circus and PR exercise that is the england national team.

It's amazing, every single time you agree with some journalist, it get's posted like it's "TRUTH". :D

It's amazing, every single time you agree with some journalist, it get's posted like it's "TRUTH". :o

bloody hel_l james, i know you don't know the media in the uk but david pleat isn't 'some journalist'. he's an ex-manager who is now just about the most objective and intelligent pundit and football analyst in the country.

Correct me if i'm wrong but haven't you stated on this forum Stevie that you don't watch England games any more? Doesn't seem to have stopped you commenting on the team though. :o

you're correct, but i think there's a world of difference between a man utd fan passing comment on deadly rivals liverpool and reds fans taking him to task on it and me making talk about the ridiculous pretentious circus and PR exercise that is the england national team.

Trying but really struggling to see the distinction you are making here Stevie.

To my mind, people passing judgements on teams that they don't bother watching is wrong, period - whether that be a United fan commenting on the way Liverpool play, or a Liverpool fan commenting on the performance of England.

I myself am both a fan of United as a club and moreover football in general - well good football that is! That's why i will be watching Liverpool play tonight. I'm aware though that i am the exception rather than the rule. The vast majority of club fans very rarely watch a game unless it's their own team playing.

To my way of thinking, it's sad that people can't appreciate good football unless it's their own team but that's obviously their decision to make.

How many of you Liverpool fans will be watching United play on Wednesday i wonder?

It's amazing, every single time you agree with some journalist, it get's posted like it's "TRUTH". :o

bloody hel_l james, i know you don't know the media in the uk but david pleat isn't 'some journalist'. he's an ex-manager who is now just about the most objective and intelligent pundit and football analyst in the country.

who does he write for Times Online? seems to me (if my memory is correct) I quoted something from Mr. Pleat recently that you really objected to...selective memory you have. :D

He got that article right, StevieH, except for the rotation part. Myth.

not a myth. just something he's done far less this season than previous ones.

Myth in that he's singled out for it as if it's somehow his unique, flawed strategy but the stats show in Premier league matches that Benitez "rotates" as much as the other top sides in England. Is anyone rabbling on about how Wenger's rotation strategy is the reason for their dip in form this season? If it was Liverpool they would.

To my mind, people passing judgements on teams that they don't bother watching is wrong, period - whether that be a United fan commenting on the way Liverpool play, or a Liverpool fan commenting on the performance of England.

I myself am both a fan of United as a club and moreover football in general - well good football that is! That's why i will be watching Liverpool play tonight. I'm aware though that i am the exception rather than the rule. The vast majority of club fans very rarely watch a game unless it's their own team playing.

To my way of thinking, it's sad that people can't appreciate good football unless it's their own team but that's obviously their decision to make.

How many of you Liverpool fans will be watching United play on Wednesday i wonder?

i do often watch england games though, usually with fingers crossed hoping that steven gerrard doesn't get injured in yet another pointless friendly - i just don't enjoy watching them. i watch all sorts of football, lots of spanish and italian in particular and i'm a big fan of french football, i used to write about it as it goes. and i think we disagree about this 'good' football thing - the only 'good' football is that which wins.

and no, i won't be. even if i could be bothered staying up all night on wednesday i'd still rather watch arsenal vs roma. i'd rather bang nails into my eyes than sit through a united match in all honesty.

who does he write for Times Online? seems to me (if my memory is correct) I quoted something from Mr. Pleat recently that you really objected to...selective memory you have. :o

nope, guardian online and print. he makes the odd mistake sure but usually only on facts or stats, not usually on his tactical analysis. he's the best around on that.

Myth in that he's singled out for it as if it's somehow his unique, flawed strategy but the stats show in Premier league matches that Benitez "rotates" as much as the other top sides in England. Is anyone rabbling on about how Wenger's rotation strategy is the reason for their dip in form this season? If it was Liverpool they would.

i don't have the numbers to hand but i imagine that alex ferguson has done more rotating than any other manager this season - a couple of seasons ago when rafa was being panned for it in the press, he made 117 rotational changes in the season, chelsea made 118 and united made 119. it's just another stick the media, erroneously, uses to beat him with.

and wenger's got away with murder this season. if they finish outside the top four he'll be to blame but the press generally give him an incredibly easy ride.

He got that article right, StevieH, except for the rotation part. Myth.

not a myth. just something he's done far less this season than previous ones.

Tend to agree, when SAF rotates it's usually with success though :o

I think you will find most Footie fans watch as much as they can get Rixalex. We are lucky in Thailand to get as many games as we do. I will definitely watch the Man Ure game anyway as I will all the Champions League games especially at this stage of the tournament. I enjoy watching Inter Milan play :D , Ibra and Adriano are pure class when in form.

I watch La Liga and a lot of Serie A games also, I have for years since Maradona and Careca was at Napoli... Footie has always been a obsession since a kid and cant get enough if it... Greatest Sport ever!

I think you will find most Footie fans watch as much as they can get Rixalex. We are lucky in Thailand to get as many games as we do. I will definitely watch the Man Ure game anyway as I will all the Champions League games especially at this stage of the tournament. I enjoy watching Inter Milan play :D , Ibra and Adriano are pure class when in form.

I watch La Liga and a lot of Serie A games also, I have for years since Maradona and Careca was at Napoli... Footie has always been a obsession since a kid and cant get enough if it... Greatest Sport ever!

Unlike the rest of us, Stevie doesn't have to work I guess. :D

you want to compare post counts james? :D

yes, but I have been a member for 4 years, about 1000 per year. not bad considering I don't wake up until 1030 am everyday like others. :o

yes, but I have been a member for 4 years, about 1000 per year. not bad considering I don't wake up until 1030 am everyday like others. :o

and 3,500 of which have been in the liverpool thread.

i'm up at 7am most days man. won't be tomorrow like as i'll be in the pub until about 5.30am. . .

and 3,500 of which have been in the liverpool thread.

i'm up at 7am most days man. won't be tomorrow like as i'll be in the pub until about 5.30am. . .

regarding the above, I subscribe to the old saying "never piss in your own back yard".

you have been here less than a year and have managed to pump up 1500 'very' odd posts and only in the LP thread. Don't know if that makes you a fan or supporter. :D

As for the pub tonight, suffice to say if you go through we'll see you online tomorrow bright and early I imagine, but should you fail, guess we'll chat again on Thursday.

You have to hand it to Real's president, before the start of the home and away with LP he predicted that the spanish giants would cruise to a 5-0 or 5-1 agg total and that's what happened... oops, guess he meant the other spanish giants at the kop.

We crushed Real Madrid tonight and I think that's one of the best performances by any team in Europe so far this season.

Torres was up for this one from the get go,with Real having no answer for him. Both him and Gerrard were simply untouchable and a class above anyone else on the pitch tonight.

Really enjoyed that! Fantastic all round display and maybe a warning to everyone else in the competition...

lets hope we can carry some of the Euro magic into Saturdays Premier league match.

YNWA

what a joy to watch that was eh? could have been 10-0 and madrid couldn't have complained. in fact it might have been 10-0 if they didn't have the spanish shay given in nets. best front two on the planet takes another team apart, mascherano played really well as did arbeloa and babel had probably his best game for us. pleased to see jay spearing get a runout and look keen. mascherano's yellow keeps him out of the first leg of the quarters unfortunately.

and yeah dev, give a performance anything like that at old toilet on saturday and we might get something.

best front two on the planet takes another team apart

Obviously stevie was still at the pub when he wrote this. :o

name a better front pairing than gerrard and torres, james. they're currently peerless in world football. best striker and best hole player on the planet.

best front two on the planet takes another team apart

Obviously stevie was still at the pub when he wrote this. :o

name a better front pairing than gerrard and torres, james. they're currently peerless in world football. best striker and best hole player on the planet.

you get no argument from me as to their abilities, especially SG. But in order to be 'the best', one needs to be able to do it on a consistent basis. Great performance against Real, but when they go missing in 'other' games its hard to qualify them as best. Torres has potential to be the best at his position, but due to his constant injury woes, one has to wonder if he will ever shed his reputation as 'best striker in the world - when fit'.

you get no argument from me as to their abilities, especially SG. But in order to be 'the best', one needs to be able to do it on a consistent basis. Great performance against Real, but when they go missing in 'other' games its hard to qualify them as best. Torres has potential to be the best at his position, but due to his constant injury woes, one has to wonder if he will ever shed his reputation as 'best striker in the world - when fit'.

'constant injury woes', bugger off james, every player gets injuries. torres scored 33 goals last season and then the winner in the euro championships. he's the best striker on the planet right now bar none.

First and foremost, a great performance all over the pitch from Liverpool and couldn't have played the game better really.

The "but", and a "but" that Liverpool could do nothing about, was that Real just never turned up. They were dreadful.

Of course though you can only beat what's in front of you, and that you did. Well done.

Fingers crossed for two more English clubs to join the party tonight. :o (Of course i know you Liverpool fans won't be crossing your fingers for that!)

First and foremost, a great performance all over the pitch from Liverpool and couldn't have played the game better really.

The "but", and a "but" that Liverpool could do nothing about, was that Real just never turned up. They were dreadful.

Of course though you can only beat what's in front of you, and that you did. Well done.

Fingers crossed for two more English clubs to join the party tonight. :o (Of course i know you Liverpool fans won't be crossing your fingers for that!)

they're the biggest club in the world but they're a bit of a shadow of the team they were for a couple of years of the galactico era. nonetheless they were on the back of ten straight wins in la liga, their squad cost more than double what ours did and we gave them an absolute lesson. delighted.

will be even more delighted tonight should gobshite jose and his team of pedestrians pull off an unlikely shock in salford.

'constant injury woes', bugger off james, every player gets injuries. torres scored 33 goals last season and then the winner in the euro championships. he's the best striker on the planet right now bar none.

Hmm so you are saying he is the best striker this year?

try reading it again as a statement of fact as opposed to attempting to spin it to suit your agenda. :o

try reading it again as a statement of fact as opposed to attempting to spin it to suit your agenda. :o

no agenda, but torres is another couple of hamstrings away from being the next Louis Saha hahahahah :D

no agenda, but torres is another couple of hamstrings away from being the next Louis Saha hahahahah :o

'course he is. do you know who the two players are who alex ferguson most regrets not signing for manchester united? a propos of eff all.

He is the best striker around, I don't disagree for one moment what stevie is saying, I'd love to have him at Man Utd. If we are talking about this year, then we are only three months in, so because of his injuries he hasn't scored as many as some. Good result though for Liverpool, as Msingh said Real were poor in both legs, but that takes nothing away from this result.