Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

23 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

15 clean sheets, second most in EPL

10 clean sheets most in UCL 

Best defensive record in the EPL since VvD signed. 

15 goals to 3 goals against Porto - City and Roma in the knock out stages of UCL 

Worth a teacher's Silver star only. Help yourself. 

82b4c581-bb74-473c-a1ea-7db68550087b_1.3dd3f9a9d88bde0fbfb08444b83afae2.jpeg

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Haha 1

Some interesting comments relating to next season so I will join in.

Liverpool need more depth of quality to win the league.

Man City will continue to suffer QF CL defeat.

Man Utd will sign 2 100m quid players.

Chelsea will rock out of Europe at the earliest opportunity.

Arsenal mid table (I'm gonna love this)

Tottenham is a total mystery and if Levy doesn't open the biscuit tin Poch will be gone by next May.

But the real question I want to get to is where will Bale go this summer and who wants him?

2 hours ago, StevieH said:

haha, have a day off lad. you just went the long way round to say "team's best goalscorer scores most goals for them", which is literally applicable to every team.

it isn't that long ago certain whoppers were saying we were a one-man team in philippe coutinho and we sold him in january.

StevieH, generally a team's best goal-scorer does score scores most goals for them if THEY PLAY REGULARLY, but you are conveniently ignoring my main point, which was that it is the VERY HIGH PERCENTAGE of the LIVERPOOL GOALS that Salah has scored -  so hypothetically what affect would it have had on Liverpool if he had been out injured.

Think we can all agree that Salah, Kane, Lukaku and Aguero are goal-scorers and their respective team's best goal-scorer.

Salah has scored 39% of Liverpool’s Premier goals (and 55% of Liverpool’s front 3’s goals) and 34% (every third goal) of all of Liverpool’s goals. Similarly Kane has scored 40% of Spur’s Premier goals and 35% of all of Spur’s goals. Whereas Lukaku has scored 21% of ManU’s Premier goals and 25% of all of ManU’s goals, and similarly Aguero has scored 24% of City’s Premier goals and 22% of all of City’s goals.

Can you now see the reliance of Spurs and Liverpool on Kane and Salah  respectively for their goals? Think you can. :laugh:

The Harry Kane Team? The Mo Salah team?

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Some interesting comments relating to next season so I will join in.

Liverpool need more depth of quality to win the league.

Man City will continue to suffer QF CL defeat.

Man Utd will sign 2 100m quid players.

Chelsea will rock out of Europe at the earliest opportunity.

Arsenal mid table (I'm gonna love this)

Tottenham is a total mystery and if Levy doesn't open the biscuit tin Poch will be gone by next May.

But the real question I want to get to is where will Bale go this summer and who wants him?

I don't want Bale. Too old, too expensive, didn't like the way he went on strike.  I'd rather punch him than employ him.Rather have the lad thats taken his place anyway, Ascensio!!   And he's about eight years younger.

Don't agree about City, they'll strengthen and do better.  

Already made the point about Liverpool.

United probably will.  And they'll grind grind grind away.  Won't work at elite CL level but will continue consistently in the premier league.

Arsenal is a big open question mark, especially if they go the ex player route rather than safe hands.  We live in hope, we have a lot of payback.

Wrong, no mystery about Spurs, everyones leaving,  again.  Will the last person out please turn the lights off.  We'll probably be relegated., i read it all on here, must be true.

Chelsea....who's the manager, whats his summer budget.  They always spend their way out of any perceived trouble.  

• Haha 1

Salah could be on 50+ goals already if he was a bit more selfish. A winger turned striker who has set a bar so high he makes aguero look like a championship striker. Salah has been the focal point but what makes the front 3 so effective is that they are all on the pitch at the same time terrorising teams and I cannot think of a better trio of players to have played together with such effectiveness. Been a few double acts but a trio? 

4 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Scuttlebutt on Twatter that Ox didn't do an ACL. MCL ? He had an MCL injury a few years ago. Regardless, he'll still miss the WC.

Life can be cruel, especially as he was playing better than he had for yonks at Arsenal.

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Salah could be on 50+ goals already if he was a bit more selfish. A winger turned striker who has set a bar so high he makes aguero look like a championship striker. Salah has been the focal point but what makes the front 3 so effective is that they are all on the pitch at the same time terrorising teams and I cannot think of a better trio of players to have played together with such effectiveness. Been a few double acts but a trio? 

I'm not saying Salah is better or worse than Aguero as a player and a as goalscorer but I remember certain posters a few years back posting similar to your comment but replace Salah for Diego Costa, after his first good season and look how that turned out. Salah has had 2 good goalscoring seasons since he debuted in 2010 (last and this season). Let's see if Salah can keep banging them in season after season -  especially after his debut season here when teams will have learned his 'skills' - as Aguero does, shall we before making comparisons. Salah's 43 in 47 is very impressive: Aguero's 30 in 39 is yet another season which isn't too shabby.

54 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I'm not saying Salah is better or worse than Aguero as a player and a as goalscorer but I remember certain posters a few years back posting similar to your comment but replace Salah for Diego Costa, after his first good season and look how that turned out. Salah has had 2 good goalscoring seasons since he debuted in 2010 (last and this season). Let's see if Salah can keep banging them in season after season -  especially after his debut season here when teams will have learned his 'skills' - as Aguero does, shall we before making comparisons. Salah's 43 in 47 is very impressive: Aguero's 30 in 39 is yet another season which isn't too shabby.

Salah is better than Aguero ever was or ever will be. You don't get in the top 3 candidates for ballon d or by accident and if he had been playing the position he is now over the last 3 seasons he would have scored more but he hasn't. I don't think we need to bring in his history with chelsea given they have a skill of releasing their best players in favour for the in crowd.

5 hours ago, carmine said:

Not kack, improved, markedly,  but still vulnerable.  You'd still fancy yourselves to score against them but its more about how many you concede.

Yes, in hindsight and looking at their GD compared with their peers, they're not too shabby. But it does seem on the days when the front 3 are having a grand day out, the back 4 aren't.

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Salah is better than Aguero ever was or ever will be. You don't get in the top 3 candidates for ballon d or by accident and if he had been playing the position he is now over the last 3 seasons he would have scored more but he hasn't. I don't think we need to bring in his history with chelsea given they have a skill of releasing their best players in favour for the in crowd.

You may well be right after all he's had an exceptional season. You may well be wrong and it's just an exceptional season. Has this candidate for ballon do'r been hiding his amazing talent or is he a late developer or has Klippety worked his magic? Time will tell, eh.

15 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You may well be right after all he's had an exceptional season. You may well be wrong and it's just an exceptional season. Has this candidate for ballon do'r been hiding his amazing talent or is he a late developer or has Klippety worked his magic? Time will tell, eh.

He probably delayed his own development by going to Chelsea but a few on here could see early on he would do a whole lot better with more games and this is what we are now witnessing with the sheer destruction he has imposed on teams on the CL. Some decent teams too! Make no mistake we are in the final.

44 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

He probably delayed his own development by going to Chelsea but a few on here could see early on he would do a whole lot better with more games and this is what we are now witnessing with the sheer destruction he has imposed on teams on the CL. Some decent teams too! Make no mistake we are in the final.

I almost want you to lose 3-0 next week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Salah is a player European teams now fear and when he went off it gave Roma a breather.

Don't make that mistake again in this competition.

No doubt that substitution was a very bad decision. Just the applause alone was enough to re-ignite the Romans.

31 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

My first thought on hearing the draw Bob was that a Liferpool fan would get stabbed in Rome.

However shockingly it happened in Liverpool already.

Yes and the community has stepped up and raised 32k for him and his family. The club has also asked for his GAA shirt to put in the dressing room on Wednesday and LfC execs have gone to Rome for an extraordinarily meeting today.

i wouldn’t be going, not content with stabbing you those duckers will stab you in the arse, cowards. 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

i went to roma away in 2001 bob, you couldn't pay me enough to go back there again. couple of lads near us got knifed in the arse going over the bridge, one lad got stabbed in the gut and it felt entirely organised by the police. like you were being herded. got mates going there next week and i think they're mental.

• Sad 1

that said, look at souness here in 1984. he wasn't going to let anything happen that night other than his team winning. apparently at the end of the match after the penos he collapsed in tears in joe fagan's arms, totally spent at dragging his team to a european cup win by sheer will. what a player he was.

Liv+Roma+83+84++3%2529+%2528fhhhg1%2529.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StevieH said:

i went to roma away in 2001 bob, you couldn't pay me enough to go back there again. couple of lads near us got knifed in the arse going over the bridge, one lad got stabbed in the gut and it felt entirely organised by the police. like you were being herded. got mates going there next week and i think they're mental.

United got the same kind of treatment there about 10 years ago. 

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Certainly hope the police do a good job of protecting the fans.

But hope your team bus gets some of your own treatment :tongue:

On past performance the Italian police are verging on part of the problem.  I say verging because they simply don't do enough.  furthermore, they tend to lash out at times when cool heads are needed.

• Like 1

^^ quite innocent of you to say they are verging on part of the problem :laugh:

There is a simple series of events when English fans go to that ground. Roma fans bait English fans by throwing missiles etc > English fans take the bait and throw back / try to bypass police > police steam in and it's baton time. 

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

^^ quite innocent of you to say they are verging on part of the problem :laugh:

There is a simple series of events when English fans go to that ground. Roma fans bait English fans by throwing missiles etc > English fans take the bait and throw back / try to bypass police > police steam in and it's baton time. 

I'm certainly not innocent of the behaviour of Italian police.  They are as useless and ill disciplined as their army.  

italian press now talking up some crap about 5,000 liverpool fans travelling to rome, 1,000 of whom are "known to be dangerous". they know roma fans are going to cause trouble and they're getting the narrative of blaming liverpool fans up and running early. bastards.

• Like 2