Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

italian press now talking up some crap about 5,000 liverpool fans travelling to rome, 1,000 of whom are "known to be dangerous". they know roma fans are going to cause trouble and they're getting the narrative of blaming liverpool fans up and running early. bastards.

Could be accurate though... after all which kind of fan is going to travel to this game? If you are looking for trouble, this is the game to go to. 

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Could be accurate though... after all which kind of fan is going to travel to this game? If you are looking for trouble, this is the game to go to. 

if you're looking for trouble you can just go down the local wetherspoons.

vast majority of fans going to this will be the same as always, normal fans who watch their team home and away.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You sound like a Scum “journalist” with that comment. 

58 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

You sound like a Scum “journalist” with that comment. 

I'm not saying they are all trouble makers... but you don't think some of your fans will want revenge? If it was United I would expect a response. I've got no problem with fans who want to stand up for their club. 

After all they like a blade in Liverpool, so this style of fighting will suit you just fine :laugh:

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, RickG16 said:

United got the same kind of treatment there about 10 years ago. 

I was there, this was us going towards the bridge at least 300, we was in the square and tried to split us up into groups we was having no of it, Roma was waiting other side of the bridge didn't fancy it when seeing how many, a few sly attempts flashing blades, inside the ground the coppers you could sense could not wait to get into us, hence the baton attacks on the terrace, a few mates copped it badly, I had moved away from where the attacks took place as I sensed trouble.

Hope the pic uploads.

Dbnsn-wXcAUCpA1.jpg:large

Edited by nev
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, StevieH said:

if you're looking for trouble you can just go down the local wetherspoons.

vast majority of fans going to this will be the same as always, normal fans who watch their team home and away.

Yes, agreed, but it appears that if the messages coming out of Italy are not bad enough our gutter press will do their best for a headline the morning after.

I'm really sick of what these writers seem to still get away with.  High time for serious accountability and i believe the newspapers that allow this to go to print are in part culpable to what might occur.

5 hours ago, carmine said:

Yes, agreed, but it appears that if the messages coming out of Italy are not bad enough our gutter press will do their best for a headline the morning after.

I'm really sick of what these writers seem to still get away with.  High time for serious accountability and i believe the newspapers that allow this to go to print are in part culpable to what might occur.

Tony Evans suggested some time back that once the Hillsborough trails approached you would start to see a media campaign to discredit Liverpool and Liverpool fans, and right on cue a former Scum journalist, Colin Mafham delivers that disgusting smear.

Obviously it works on some people, MrBojangles being one of them after suggesting,

Roma fans who stabbed a 55 yr old fan must have been provoked.

Not one Liverpool fan has been arrested in Europe this season.

The "1000" troublesome fans suggested by Italian media, has no source. 

23 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Not one Liverpool fan has been arrested in Europe this season.

Well there bladdy well should have been. Surely you can't deny there have been trouble makers who should have been arrested instead of coppers turning a blind eye

18 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Well there bladdy well should have been. Surely you can't deny there have been trouble makers who should have been arrested instead of coppers turning a blind eye

Absolutely, if you are referring to the City bus welcoming party. I don't condone that behaviour, it was over the top and unnecessary. 

• Like 2

^^ You do it well, but still, stop playing the victim.

There is no agenda here. Tony Evans writes for The Times, which is a Murdoch paper, same organisation as The Sun. If you are serious then boycott The Times too, and Sky Sports. 

49 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

^^ You do it well, but still, stop playing the victim.

There is no agenda here. Tony Evans writes for The Times, which is a Murdoch paper, same organisation as The Sun. If you are serious then boycott The Times too, and Sky Sports. 

Tony Evans quit The Times 2/3 years ago mate. Now he is freelance and does stuff for the Standard amongst others.

• Like 2

Just now, wilai said:

Tony Evans quit The Times 2/3 years ago mate. Now he is freelance and does stuff for the Standard amongst others.

Fair enough.. although he is unashamedly biased I've got time for Tony Evans. Usually chats sense. 

The point about the boycott still stands.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Fair enough.. although he is unashamedly biased I've got time for Tony Evans. Usually chats sense. 

The point about the boycott still stands.

I do boycott the paper.....site is behind a paywall:thumbsup:

9 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

In 1986 United players were subjected to an attack with tear gas while exiting the coach in the Main stand car park at Anfield,fortunately the only casualties were 22 people,mainly kids and Liverpool fans......so it backfired.....they received treatment from the United players in the away dressing room.......its been going on for all too long with little or no protection from the scouse police......and don,t give me the bullsh*t about "all clubs have troublemakers" yes some of them do but after the two past horrific crowd tragedies (H&H) involving the same clubs fans you would have thought lessons would have been learned....not a chance :sorry:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Spurs have had more penalties at Anfield in 10 mins than LFC have had this whole season. 

Tough to get a handball called in the box anymore unless you serve it like a volleyball.

8 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Tough to get a handball called in the box anymore unless you serve it like a volleyball.

Did you see it? It was virtually a volleyball set.  

It seems Ref's just don't want to be look to influenced by the Kop, so they give nothing there. 

Just need to get this Roma win in and dusted and hope we don't get any further injuries, we should be able to seal Top 4.

Nothing like taking it to the wire.

8 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Did you see it? It was virtually a volleyball set.  

It seems Ref's just don't want to be look to influenced by the Kop, so they give nothing there. 

Just need to get this Roma win in and dusted and hope we don't get any further injuries, we should be able to seal Top 4.

Nothing like taking it to the wire.

Yeah, that was a handball for me. Arm and hand away from the body. Didn't those used to get called more frequently ? Seems to me they did.

Just now, jellydog said:

Yeah, that was a handball for me. Arm and hand away from the body. Didn't those used to get called more frequently ? Seems to me they did.

He actually stuck his arm out.

Just last week against James Milner got pinned for similar.