Bad Accident Between Big Buddha And Tong Sai Bay Turn

there is only one answer....................nothing! however the Samui authorities in conjunction with the police could set up breathaliser units plus the use of radar to catch speeding drivers(after having decided upon speed limits around the island and put up signs with the speed limit on).And lastly from now on make it obligatory to take driving tests before a licence can be issued.Which would mean more spot checks to see if rider/driver has a licence.No licence impound car/bike.Of course i cant see it happening,There is now very heavy traffic every day around the n/e part of the island.Spot checks would only increase this.

I understand that all Thais applying for a license on Samui now have to take both the written and practical tests, as well as the eyesight tests.

A friend of mine got her license last month (after having driving lessons) and she said that people were failing the tests for all sorts of reasons (not wearing seat belt etc) and that 'under the table' applications were refused!

Most of the people who passed, were those that had some driving lessons (and who could read - one guy failed because he could not read the written test).

Let's hope that this keeps up.

Now, what do we do about the stupid or drunk farangs?

• Like 2

Did this accident happen after the FMP by any chance?

Word on the street is that the driver was drunk.

i think by the date on the topic it was around full moon time but not 100 percent