Any Maps Of Rich And Famous Farang In Chiang Mai? Bus Tours?

OldChinaHam

GPS coordinates are useful for Google Earth. Peering down from space should be enough to satisfy our curiosity unless, as you say, we are invited by him to something more. The only one I know of on this planet who has the power to stop Google from looking down upon his house is Mr. Dick Cheney, but even for Cheney, those days are long gone.

Yes VIBE, I think everyone here agrees that since Mr. Faber is here for reading and study, and to work on his projects, no one really has any interest in disturbing his peace and quiet. Chiang Mai is a very good place to work relatively undisturbed in an environment which is conducive to reflection. Se we agree, let us keep it that way.

OK, then, let's scratch Faber's house off the bus route.

Who's next up for consideration?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the legal ramifications if any, in publicly exposing names and address's of people homes? Celebrities or otherwise?

Would you be setting yourself up for legal action say if a stalker or burglar has used a map to commit a crime that You sold them?

Would you be considered a accomplice? Would you be liable? All my friends know where I live, but I don't let every Tom,Dick and Harry know my address or as to when I'm in or out of the country.

If my privacy or home was compromised in any way due to your Maps, I certainly would be coming to have a talk with you.(if I could find your address)

Your idea gets a -10 in my book. Unless you get permission from everybody that's listed on your map, not likely...

Edited by highonthai
  • Like 1

Yes, thank you, HighOnThai.

Agreed.

So this is why I mentioned,

"I am also not too sure if the people whose homes American tourists would most enjoy seeing might be very receptive to the house tours thing.

Maybe some of them could "Chime In" with their ideas about having tours?"

If you are famous, thank you for chiming in, as I say.

And, do you know any Famous Farang in Chiang Mai?

Or, again, are you?

Stalkers are a weird sick bunch, and I doubt that many go on tours.

So are the guys who take photos without first asking, IMHO.

I also think that probably not to many Americans are stalking Bertil Lintner, nor do they even know who he is.

On the contrary, it is Bertil who is more likely to be stalking the Americans.

And, perhaps, very good that he is.

If anyone ever dared to produce a detailed map showing where all the so-called prominent expats hide live in Chaing Mai, the only interest this would stimulate, would be from the authorities, the police and Interpol.

That’s of course depending if any map maker was able to scale their 12 ft high walls, barbed wire laced gates and fences, and avoid having their throats ripped out by the rich farangs pit bulls and Rottweilers.

Too many dodgy characters involved, and no way will this happen.

With regard to privacy, If we look closely at Fabers house, on the link that was provided above, then we can see two green men in uniform guarding his door. I do not know whether they might be eunuchs or just bald men in uniform that look like eunuchs from China, but in the court of old in Thailand, there were Chinese eunuchs, or maybe eunuchs from India. I am not that familiar with the history.

Well I know there were Eunuchs, and it looks like Faber may have eunuchs also.

Maybe they are their to guard Faber's harem.

I do like Faber's "office building" as he calls it.

The photo was taken in 2003 Is he still there?

Glad to see you finally dropped talking about him you were beginning to look like a stalker.

Maybe Vibe could tell you where his office is.

What are the legal ramifications if any, in publicly exposing names and address's of people homes? Celebrities or otherwise?

Would you be setting yourself up for legal action say if a stalker or burglar has used a map to commit a crime that You sold them?

Would you be considered a accomplice? Would you be liable? All my friends know where I live, but I don't let every Tom,Dick and Harry know my address or as to when I'm in or out of the country.

If my privacy or home was compromised in any way due to your Maps, I certainly would be coming to have a talk with you.(if I could find your address)

Your idea gets a -10 in my book. Unless you get permission from everybody that's listed on your map, not likely...

That's nonsense.

Isn't the Royal Phuping palace on Google Earth?

What if something happens?

If its already public information and lifted from another public source then nothing to it.

Land records, legal filings, web pages with directions, party announcements, gossip and many other sources.

Already in the public domain.

Even freaking Area 51 is labeled on Google Earth.

Bertil Lintner and Joe Cummings are about the only somewhat famous farangs that live here that I can think of. Are there others?

Isn't there several homes here owned by various members of the ruling Shinawatra dynasty?

Yes. But that would be rich and infamous

obviously not farang, but pretty famous... Aed Carabao has a place fairly near us. One time he turned up in the next village, quite unannounced, with his guitar and gave a handful of totally surprised folk an impromptu mini performance.

is marc faber on retirement visa?

anyone know?

i wonder how much to build a house outside the town. probably smaller scale than his..

And seriously, i would also die Thai massage parlor than in old folk.. ( me still in my 30s)

not sure how chiangmai going be like in 20 years time.. :(

anyone know?

i wonder how much to build a house outside the town. probably smaller scale than his..

And seriously, i would also die Thai massage parlor than in old folk.. ( me still in my 30s)

not sure how chiangmai going be like in 20 years time.. sad.png

Yeh retirement visa, saw him at immigration a few weeks ago. He just renewed and was waiting to get his multiple re-entry visa kicked back reading the WSJ and laughing.

Why do i get the feeling that somebody is trying to arrange an "accidental" encounter with Mr. Faber that just happens to be a great moment for them to offer him the investment opportunity of a lifetime?

Edited by beb

anyone know?

not sure how chiangmai going be like in 20 years time.. sad.png

Yeh retirement visa, saw him at immigration a few weeks ago. He just renewed and was waiting to get his multiple re-entry visa kicked back reading the WSJ and laughing.

is there a multiple re-entry visa option?

anyone know?

not sure how chiangmai going be like in 20 years time.. :(

is there a multiple re-entry visa option?

Suspect this was a multiple re-entry permit.

Why do i get the feeling that somebody is trying to arrange an "accidental" encounter with Mr. Faber that just happens to be a great moment for them to offer him the investment opportunity of a lifetime?

Pssst, Marc, you wanna buy some cheap gold? neus.gif

I am still looking for the GPS coordinates of Faber's domicile.

Judging by the angle of the high-rise at the end of this video, I would guess that this location is fairly close.

As for Marc's physical gold, look for a sunken boat somewhere nearby on the Ping. wink.png

What a load of rubbish in the blog of that video website. I doubt he said that democracy has made Switzerland a prison. And it's always funny when people supposedly say something like that and yet they send their children to go to school in, and work in, Switzerland or another European country that is supposedly so terrible. I'm not saying he actually said that but you hear stuff like that all the time. Even high-ranking Thai government officials send their children to study and work in Europe or America... I'm part Swiss and know many Swiss people. That would be very much out of character for a Swiss to make a remark like that.

Judging by the angle of the high-rise at the end of this video, I would guess that this location is fairly close.

As for Marc's physical gold, look for a sunken boat somewhere nearby on the Ping. wink.png

What a load of rubbish in the blog of that video website. I doubt he said that democracy has made Switzerland a prison. And it's always funny when people supposedly say something like that and yet they send their children to go to school in, and work in, Switzerland or another European country that is supposedly so terrible. I'm not saying he actually said that but you hear stuff like that all the time. Even high-ranking Thai government officials send their children to study and work in Europe or America... I'm part Swiss and know many Swiss people. That would be very much out of character for a Swiss to make a remark like that.

Faber has a flair for getting media attention and as we know drama gets attention.

Definitely has some tarnished credibility in with his past predictions.

I find his perceptions interesting and valuable in same way as Jim Rogers opinions... I just never follow their grandiose directions.

How ironic that the most famous guy in CM is such a pessimist. Very much in line with a lot of crusty Thaivisa personalities.

Does CM and Thailand in general attract pessimistic types or train them to be pessimistic?

Maybe a little bit of both.

If only Tony Robbins or someone super positive chose CM to live. Maybe we could get some decent sidewalks built.

Faber has a flair for getting media attention and as we know drama gets attention.

I find his perceptions interesting and valuable in same way as Jim Rogers opinions... I just never follow their grandiose directions.

How ironic that the most famous guy in CM is such a pessimist. Very much in line with a lot of crusty Thaivisa personalities.

Does CM and Thailand in general attract pessimistic types or train them to be pessimistic?

If only Tony Robbins or someone super positive chose CM to live. Maybe we could get some decent sidewalks built.

I too, find Marc Faber's perceptions interesting and valuable in the same way as Jim Rogers opinions... I also never follow their grandiose directions. Although in retrospect, had one entered the Chinese market at the time Jim Rogers first started making his predictions, it would have already been time to retire.wink.png

I too, find Marc Faber's perceptions interesting and valuable in the same way as Jim Rogers opinions... I also never follow their grandiose directions. Although in retrospect, had one entered the Chinese market at the time Jim Rogers first started making his predictions, it would have already been time to retire.wink.png

That's what a lot of people seem to remember anyway

okay fair point pre pre Rogers book but go look at the publication date of Rogers "Bull in China" . Late 2007

His book release and big media push coincided with the market top.

If one bought Rogers late 07 media theme and invested in China they got mauled.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=000001.SS+Interactive

post-27132-0-72565900-1367211660_thumb.j

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

theBlether's there at the moment. He's quite famous in TV circles.

I'm actually in the Cameron Highlands but I'll be back on Monday. I may grant the OP an audience.

Be careful there theblether.....remember what happened to Jim Thompson.

Thank you very much Jose for continuing to think of me.

That place you link looks pretty gloomy though.

Maybe you should send me an invitation from Faber's social secretary as VIBE first recommended.

I also don't want to go barging in and get torn to shreds by a few of those vicious dogs someone else mentioned.

In fact, you know, maybe we could book this place you link above as some OTHER sort of tour.

Now I'm thinking something like one of those tours that Albert Finney took on his way wondering up that Volcano in Mexico, in "Under The Volcano".

The one Malcolm Lowry wrote about. He went up that Volcano, but he never came down.

That was yeoman's detective work no doubt!