Any Maps Of Rich And Famous Farang In Chiang Mai? Bus Tours?

OldChinaHam

Sometimes we read about Chiang Mai being home to some pretty famous people, famous in an interesting low key way. There are a few acclaimed and serious journalists who write about Southeast Asia, and probably any number of reputed novelists. But has anyone put together a Hollywood type bus tour of the Famous Farang of Chiang Mai? What about house tours? Or famous Hemingway Key West style bar tours?

Does anyone know if there is yet in Chiang Mai an informal Forbes List of Farang?

I have not been to Hollywood in years but we often see in films or hear about the bus tours that are so popular with American and European tourists visiting Hollywood. Obviously the same type of thing would be a hit with the Americans who show up here for a week in Chiang Mai. I did not want to start working on a business plan if there is presently another company with operations in place, already touring.

I am also not too sure if the people whose homes American tourists would most enjoy seeing might be very receptive to the house tours thing.

Maybe some of them could "Chime In" with their ideas about having tours?

Thanks for the ideas,

O.C. Ham

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect I think a tour of the homes of rich and famous would be the fastest way to get the rich and famous to move out of the area. More than likely anybody in that category is here to get away from that kind of thing.

I lived many years in LA and although I'm no expert in the field, it was a common belief that those maps and tours were awfully inaccurate. So my suggestion would be to just get a map of big estates and make up names of your favorite stars to attach.

"And here is Brad and Angelina's own piece of Thai paradise. Brad and Angelina can periodically be seen walking the Sunday night bazaar with their lovely children in tow and eating at their favorite grilled chicken stand. The Chiang Mai Rich and Famous Tours of the Stars company also has a fun walking tour of Old City locations where the rich and famous eat. Please check with your tour guide for more information and prices."

The tourists will never know the difference.

I too lived many years in L.A. and yes, it was a well-known fact that those maps that they sold to tourists (usually on Sunset Blvd. in Beverly Hills) were terribly inaccurate. In fact some of the 'stars' hadn't lived in the homes in 20 years or more. Same with the bus tours. Just a marketing scam.

I'm glad I live in a Gated community.

I too grew up in Hollywood, and from my experience most of the people (tourists) that take that kind of tour are usually related to "Joe Dirt" types. Don't think it would work in Thailand.

Business plan? You don't need a business plan. Just buy my map. Everybody's on there. Elvis, Gary Glitter... Pop round with 100,000 baht and it's yours - all you need is to buy your bus and get started.

Just give me an hour or two's notice so that I can make up the locations print out the map...

Well I saw a man drive a very very loud huge motorbike resembling Faber at the Night basar a while ago , sorry but drove like a drunk maniac crying for attention , pure arrogance and lunatic if it was him driving that day , hope it wasn't him though .

I came eye on eye with several famous people in Chiangmai , Sylvester Stallone , Seal ,Mark Wahlberger , Sting .

They say at Maeteng an action hero Hollywood star runs a resort adventure business , still not know his name , but the locals say they see him from time to time , anyone knows ?

"And now we are in Moon Muang Soi 1. On the left is Drunk Dave's guesthouse; he can often be seen staggering through the soi at any time of the day and night when he's not passed out somewhere. And then overthere is Khun Steve's place. Yes, that's a bar, he actually never leaves it other than for the pool competition, or to go to 7-11!"

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

With all due respect I think a tour of the homes of rich and famous would be the fastest way to get the rich and famous to move out of the area. More than likely anybody in that category is here to get away from that kind of thing.

I lived many years in LA and although I'm no expert in the field, it was a common belief that those maps and tours were awfully inaccurate. So my suggestion would be to just get a map of big estates and make up names of your favorite stars to attach.

"And here is Brad and Angelina's own piece of Thai paradise. Brad and Angelina can periodically be seen walking the Sunday night bazaar with their lovely children in tow and eating at their favorite grilled chicken stand. The Chiang Mai Rich and Famous Tours of the Stars company also has a fun walking tour of Old City locations where the rich and famous eat. Please check with your tour guide for more information and prices."

The tourists will never know the difference.

I ran into that girl with the lips in starbucks in CM some time ago.

Thanks.

That's easy for =you= to say.

You have over 12 times the number of posts required to accomplish such a thing.

But I am sure it is worth the wait.

I know I do appreciate your Member Title, oh Extremely Annoying one.

But forget that, I am still looking for the GPS coordinates of Faber's domicile. I very much enjoy when Faber calls from Thailand to one of the talking heads on financial news in North America and tells the girls at the news desk there that he is calling them from Chiang Mai. I do enjoy that.

Thank you for the link to Faber in Chiang Mai. I would not really expect to see him in a palace. I do not know if he wears shorts around town here, but I do very much enjoy watching some of his talks at universities in Europe when one of the schools makes these available on YouTube. Who cares if the man is right more than he is wrong, really, as long as he shows a bit more humility on camera than quite a few others.

I didn't know that he's a fan of Chairman Mao?

I'd rather leave people alone. If they wanted attention then these rich and famous types would certainly know how bring it upon themselves. As someone mentioned earlier, they moved here to get away from the paparazzi (sp?). Give them their space.

With regard to privacy, If we look closely at Fabers house, on the link that was provided above, then we can see two green men in uniform guarding his door. I do not know whether they might be eunuchs or just bald men in uniform that look like eunuchs from China, but in the court of old in Thailand, there were Chinese eunuchs, or maybe eunuchs from India. I am not that familiar with the history.

Well I know there were Eunuchs, and it looks like Faber may have eunuchs also.

Maybe they are their to guard Faber's harem.

I do like Faber's "office building" as he calls it.